Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Throwing together some gravesite markers for the new death book. I figure 60mm rounds gives enough space to let you decorate them.

They'll get textured resin and paints on the base and vegetation tufts after getting painted:

https://imgur.com/a/3f6B9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gravesites are apparently small tokens so that should work for them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Traditionally speaking, the problem with GW games was that you had to buy many, many copies of otherwise decently priced figures (or in some cases, yeah, definitely overpriced figures), which pushed army prices into the ridiculous levels. The random one off overly expensive characters weren't the deciding factor on any given lists prices.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

wyrd manages to price their plastic multipart monopose 32mm heroic scale single figure packs for around 11 bucks and still keep the lights on. but of course im sure gw is being totally fair with their pricing

IIRC Wyrd also make their stuff in China rather than GRATE BRITANE so I guess it helps a lot?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I'd rather pay double than put some of those Malifaux plastics together. The few I did were nuts. Pieces a couple of mm's in size.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Serotonin posted:

I'd rather pay double than put some of those Malifaux plastics together. The few I did were nuts. Pieces a couple of mm's in size.

Having put a few of them together myself, they are cheap, and their sculpting is good. But their casting quality is GW circa old yellow skeletons. The sculpts are very finely detailed but the casting process makes the details very soft and you also get those aforementioned tiny parts.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Yeah for sure they are lovely sculpts, it was more a comment on the construction

The McMourning crew chihuahua tail. Or Yan Los beard. Never again

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 4, 2018

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Some wip on my daughter and I's joint sylvaneth project

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/960134268340068352?s=09

She's just washed another ten dryads then I'm going to teach her dry brushing

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Z the IVth posted:

IIRC Wyrd also make their stuff in China rather than GRATE BRITANE so I guess it helps a lot?

GW also has a larger staff, Warhammer TV (admittedly new), puts out far more books, had a much larger product line, stores that really don't make a big profit but exist as advertisment, and has a line of novels.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would probably put a ton more money into the Hobby and I have a feeling lots of other people would too if everything was half the price it currently is.

I would put the exact same and have twice as much poo poo, which is not really great for GW. $35 for a character crosses some vague idealistically boundary though. I can impulse buy a $15 character. I will consider a $25 one. The jump from $25 to 35 just sets of alarm bells in my head even though I did suck it up and get the $35 Primaris Chaplain because he's a cool skull man. Just five more dollars and you get the "gently caress you buddy" tier where I refuse to spend $40 on a single clamshell no matter how incredible a Megaboss looks.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TKIY posted:

Throwing together some gravesite markers for the new death book. I figure 60mm rounds gives enough space to let you decorate them.

They'll get textured resin and paints on the base and vegetation tufts after getting painted:

https://imgur.com/a/3f6B9

Very spooky.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Serotonin posted:

Some wip on my daughter and I's joint sylvaneth project

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/960134268340068352?s=09

She's just washed another ten dryads then I'm going to teach her dry brushing

i love this by the way :kimchi:

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Those Sylvaneth are rad as hell and I'm tempted to co-opt the grey and pink scheme for my Dark Eldar.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Cheers for the compliments.

They are finished bar the basing.

https://twitter.com/amrypooins/status/960262579233968129

Pleased with them and super fast to paint

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
they look great and being a father/daughter project makes it an order of magnitude better

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I just realized that with the Legions of Nagash reorganization of Death subfactions there are now two start collecting boxes and a battleforce to help you build your army. Legions of Nagash might be a decently cheap(ish) place to start with AoS.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

I just realized that with the Legions of Nagash reorganization of Death subfactions there are now two start collecting boxes and a battleforce to help you build your army. Legions of Nagash might be a decently cheap(ish) place to start with AoS.

Yeah I know. The malignants box would probably be a good next step for me. (Though I would be building the Hexwraiths as Black Knights as I already built the ones from Skeletons Hordes as Black Knights.)

Getting the Start Collecting Flesh Eater Courts would probably also be a decent idea. As I can build the Crypt Horrors as Vargheists and the Ghoul King on Terrorgheist as a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon. (Then I can just sell the ghouls or something.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And the allied box https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Deathrattle-Barrow-Lords

Which makes a good alternative if you don't want to drop $170 on the battle force.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I grabbed the Blade of the Blood Queen set. It's a really good discount.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if the Shadespire undead gang will have an updated stat line in the book. The synergy with the unit abilities and the new death abilities seem like it would make an already good unit even better.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
We already know who is in the warscroll cards and they aren't.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
But their scroll might get updated.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Got myself an ironclad as a bday gift and more arkanauts to go with my battleforce so I guess I am fully committed to this game now

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Would it be stupid or awesome to run all 3 Deathlords in a list?

Thinking of getting that Deathrattle Barrow Lords box & 2 start collecting boxes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zuul the Cat posted:

Would it be stupid or awesome to run all 3 Deathlords in a list?

Thinking of getting that Deathrattle Barrow Lords box & 2 start collecting boxes.

Don't think it would be a bad idea in a big game. But in a small game taking all three Mortarchs is overkill.

Overall I would say it would be awesome. (Cause I am trying to do the same thing.)

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

The main issue with running multiple Mortarchs pre-LoN is that you can only put mystic shield on one. 11 wounds with a 4+ save isn’t hard to pop. But with the new book there will probably be ways of protecting/healing them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone happen to have a spare Lord Relictor from the starter set that they'd be willing to sell to me? Specifically I need the reliquary banner thingy.

EDIT: eBay just had a listing go up for a pretty cheap amount. Enjoy your fantasy dudes!

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 5, 2018

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I keep trying to read The Grand Alliance thread on Malign Portents because it typically moves faster than this thread, and I think i'm gonna stay here from now on.

They're just arguing in circles about whether the GHB saved AoS or if it was doing fine and the GHB contaminated the game with evil tournament players.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Anyone who thinks the Generals Handbook didn't save Age of Sigmar is dumb, and if they won't admit that it at least popularized it they are also insane.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Speaking of the GHB, I know I need the latest GHB plus the battletome/warscrolls of what i'm playing but are there any other required or recommended books? I can't find a 40k style core rulebook on GW's website either.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Anyone who thinks the Generals Handbook didn't save Age of Sigmar is dumb, and if they won't admit that it at least popularized it they are also insane.

Popular is bad!!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

I keep trying to read The Grand Alliance thread on Malign Portents because it typically moves faster than this thread, and I think i'm gonna stay here from now on.

They're just arguing in circles about whether the GHB saved AoS or if it was doing fine and the GHB contaminated the game with evil tournament players.

I was one of the people pointing out it was stupid to discount it. And also one of the people saying to drop it cause it's really off topic.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

AnEdgelord posted:

Speaking of the GHB, I know I need the latest GHB plus the battletome/warscrolls of what i'm playing but are there any other required or recommended books? I can't find a 40k style core rulebook on GW's website either.

The cores rules are 4 pages long and free. You can get the AoS app for free and it will have them too. Once you get the hang of the game you'll just be using warscrolls and the GHB/army books, since any rules more complicated than basic movement and the two basic spells will be covered by those when needed.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

It did both.

AnEdgelord posted:

The BRB is pretty much a bunch of useless, confusing fluff.

I've heard the Malign Portents is supposed to make some changes as well, so that might be another requirement. We'll have to wait and see on that one though.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
New Story up: https://malignportents.com/story/the-paradise-below/

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My Sigmarine's hammers keep bending and breaking in GW's stupid zigzag foam case and I hate it. How do you store your minis, AoS gang?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Deleter posted:

My Sigmarine's hammers keep bending and breaking in GW's stupid zigzag foam case and I hate it. How do you store your minis, AoS gang?

KR Multicase, one of their cases can store 200 of my state troops if I configured the foam that way. As is I've got 3 cases spread across 2600 points or so because standard bearers and cavalry take up a lot of room, but I've easily got space for the remaining 1500 points of dudes I've got in those cases.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I've always used KR for my Warmachine minis but there's so many large and weird sized models with AoS that I've started magnetising Really Useful storage boxes. Working great so far

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
as someone who might participate in a Path to Glory campaign in the near future could someone give me a general overview of what that is? my local store is starting to have some interest in AoS and it seems to be a popular way of building up a community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

as someone who might participate in a Path to Glory campaign in the near future could someone give me a general overview of what that is? my local store is starting to have some interest in AoS and it seems to be a popular way of building up a community

I was just helping another person on this forum with it. So here I relink of the pages.

Lizardmen Roster (AKA An example of how it works I used Lizardmen cause that was the army the Deified Data was intrested in.)

Which army are you interested in.

• Locked thread