Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

the left are the real nazis because they won't let me say that word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Actually check out a book by Jonah Goldberg called liberal fascism. It’s very good. Did you know Mussolini started out on the left?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Actually check out a book by Jonah Goldberg called liberal fascism. It’s very good. Did you know Mussolini started out on the left?

no, shut up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Talk about the intersectionality between the left and Nazis in 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I want to know what possible benefit could be gleaned from a debate with people who steadfastly deny reality in favor of their insane beliefs

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

those things the left are into: national myths, humiliation, lost empires, and devotion to the military

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Talk about the intersectionality between the left and Nazis in 2018

Yeah keep asking that dude questions.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah keep asking that dude questions.

I want to lol at him more

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I want to know what possible benefit could be gleaned from a debate with people who steadfastly deny reality in favor of their insane beliefs

Are you talking about nazis or leftists?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I want to lol at him more

the sniveling hurt feelings fash act might be more annoying then the rude ones with torches

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Famethrowa posted:

the sniveling hurt feelings fash act might be more annoying then the rude ones with torches

oh dang it. You caught me lol!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
What's the deal with that, anyway? I still have the old STUPID NEWBIE avs showing up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Are you talking about nazis or leftists?

Oh ho ho ho good show sir

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
For real tho what could you possibly gain from debating Nazis

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

HolePisser1982 posted:

*leans in through window* Chimpout's Wogcast was actually pretty solid this week if you guys are interested

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

love too debate nazis, whomst came to their beliefs through Logic and Reason

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The only thing that has ever made Richard Spencer express fear for the future of his movement was getting punched in the face.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Jonah Goldberg lmao

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I’ve thought about this for awhile and I think the one killshot would be “if you are the superior race, then why are you so worried about Jews. Maybe they are the real master race”

Imagine if Felix said this and then threw in a joke about metal gear. That would be some real treat boy hours .Or imagine if they got in a debate with mike enoch and grilled him on having a Jewish wife.

Imagine if they parlayed every attempt to blame he Jews into exposing late stage capitalism.

I mean the Nazis complain about Jews but wasn’t it the reactionary regimes of Europe that caused world war 1?

You don’t think chapo could win a debate with these guys. You don’t think the 4chan weirdos could become grey wolves with some basic nudging or humor? That is what I mean by intersectionality.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Nothing would be gained from engaging nazis in a serious conversation. It never has. Shut up.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
And then the Nazis were owned by Felix’s wit and logic, and then everyone started clapping

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

if you are craving spirited, lovely debate, saunter to the trump thread in cspam and try your gee gawrsh act there

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

And then the Nazis were owned by Felix’s wit and logic, and then everyone started clapping

And that nazi's name was Albert Einstein.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I’ve thought about this for awhile and I think the one killshot would be “if you are the superior race, then why are you so worried about Jews. Maybe they are the real master race”

Imagine if Felix said this and then threw in a joke about metal gear. That would be some real treat boy hours .Or imagine if they got in a debate with mike enoch and grilled him on having a Jewish wife.

Imagine if they parlayed every attempt to blame he Jews into exposing late stage capitalism.

I mean the Nazis complain about Jews but wasn’t it the reactionary regimes of Europe that caused world war 1?

You don’t think chapo could win a debate with these guys. You don’t think the 4chan weirdos could become grey wolves with some basic nudging or humor? That is what I mean by intersectionality.

That's not what intersectionality is and no I don't think Nazis will become leftists if you nudge them

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's not what intersectionality is and no I don't think Nazis will become leftists if you nudge them

Well let me put it another way... you don’t think at least some people become nazis due to alienation. The same alienation that makes people consider Marxism? You could win a debate if you created a realization of class counciouness in the audience of nazis. A crack in the edifice that expands. How do you do I don’t know but people who make 50,000 dollars a month on their podcast do have rhetorical and verbal skills that could have an effect

But I know I’m really stupid. Don’t debate nazis. It has been a wildly successful tactic and not just a bunch of group think by irony Bros who are afraid of putting themselves in a circumstance where they might not be the smartest person in he room or made to look silly.

Bulkiest Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 4, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It has not been a wildly successful tactic

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also lol at the idea of not being the smartest person in the room with a nazi, gently caress off chud

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lol I am in no way a chad.

Ok then they should debate because they would destroy the Nazi and educate the masses of alienated youth to an alternative to Nazism.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That has never actually happened though, nobody listens to a debate to have their mind changed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That has never actually happened though, nobody listens to a debate to have their mind changed

How quickly you forget kenneth bone, the worlds dumbest, fattest man

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ken Bone isn't people

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The way to keep kids away from fascism is not to engage in earnest debate with loving nazis.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Breadallelogram posted:

The way to keep kids away from fascism is not to engage in earnest debate with loving nazis.

How well did this work in 1930? How well is this workinf in 2018?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

We shouldn’t dunk on bulkiest’s debate suggestion too hard, they might be driven to become a nazi for some reason!!

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Debating Nazis is stupid because being seen as respectable enough to debate is a win for them. Liberals make things worse by having blind faith in such an exploitable tactic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

How well did this work in 1930? How well is this workinf in 2018?

I mean people literally did the earnest debate thing in the 1930s and trotted out the same "just ignore them" thinklieces as now

And uh

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Debate Nazis with bullets

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
We need to recruit tedious social outcasts who everyone bullies and hates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

*sees an internet full of popular videos titled like "Watch Ben Shapiro DESTROY this liberal with logic" where the supposedly devastating own is Shapiro's opponent saying "um" before responding or some dumb poo poo*

Yes I think a good faith debate could win many converts.