Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
625 is the heaviest ep in a while. Good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I mean, I think the only heavy part is the 20 minutes of classic “die, junkie” at the end

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
It has been coming out more and more and Seth has been saying it is still a problem with someone he is associated with. Not to be a creep, but super curious as to the relationship.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What is sponging the windowsill?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is sponging the windowsill?

“Sponge in the Windowsill” is a term the boys either came up with (or latched onto from someone else?) to describe the general “airing out” of nasty elements in society (ala #MeToo, etc). Like other phrases before it (“brass tacks”, “build things up not break them down”) it has become something of a mantra for a few episodes.

E: I haven’t listened to 625-626, please don’t let me be responding to a quote.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
They spent a long time completely not understanding and rereading that chimp experiment just to spend longer talking about how they know better than the scientists

No Hope
Oct 15, 2017

by Smythe
Reading and not understanding: the UYD story

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Things got pretty heavy in the middle of 625. I enjoyed it though.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
625 ruled both for the junkie talk and the Pizza Insurance bit, which was the hardest I've laughed at the show in a while.

The bit near the beginning of 626 with Seth deciding he really wants vegan butterscotch pudding and Jonathan deciding absolutely out of nowhere that the pudding Seth made tasted bad because he didn't put enough sugar in it is so telling of both their personalities. Seth is manic and prone to obsession, Jonathan is the ultimate self-assured armchair expert who has no real reason to assume he's right despite doing so constantly.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That part confused the hell out of me because Wayfair as I know them is an online furniture store. I'm sitting here wondering why the hell the dudes who sold us our kitchen table are suddenly making yogurt.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
different things can have the same name sometimes, it's true

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

630 is fire. This last 10-20 has been up there with one of those runs we recommend to newcomers or for relistening.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

630 is fire. This last 10-20 has been up there with one of those runs we recommend to newcomers or for relistening.

Yeah man, Seth's reaction to Jonathon looking at star wars action figures is a top ten moment for me maybe

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah man, Seth's reaction to Jonathon looking at star wars action figures is a top ten moment for me maybe

Yeah that was awesome

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Sober Jonathan is the gift that keeps on giving.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm behind (626) but drat do I love sober Jonathan. It's oddly touching to hear him talk about his Switch. I felt the same way the week Zelda came out.

Boys have been killing it for like 10 straight eps.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

inferis posted:

Sober Jonathan is the gift that keeps on giving.

It's really noticeable how well he is doing. A thing they do really well is discuss drink/drugs without ever getting preachy. I remember seth talking about how he is an idiot because he has "ruined drinking for himself" which is a really good way of putting it.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 1, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I heard that bit this morning on the way to the train and it really made me examine my own habits.

I've cut back substantially over the last few years because it's just not fun anymore to get drunk.

I'll still have a few beers at home on a Friday night over the course of 5 hours but I'm done going to bars and doing shots. I hit 30 this year and hangovers now last a day and a half while removing my ability to have an appetite.

It really resonated with me.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah hangovers loving suck in your 30s, but I do still love getting lit with pals on the weekend and getting foolish.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Even when I got out with the purpose of getting tore up I still drink half of what I used to.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah hangovers loving suck in your 30s, but I do still love getting lit with pals on the weekend and getting foolish.

Just wait until your 40's! You'll be looking back at those 30's hangovers with stars in your eyes.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I have always loved Seth’s sobriety because he goes so hard on the ‘being sober loving sucks’ which is not something you ever hear from people who have recovered from that.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

inferis posted:

I have always loved Seth’s sobriety because he goes so hard on the ‘being sober loving sucks’ which is not something you ever hear from people who have recovered from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mgvsXEhyyc

"My dreams now, they're not 'nightmares' in a traditional sense..."

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have they mentioned papa larroquette buying a new car recently? Just found out a friend of mine who works at a dealership sold him a car sometime in the past year or so.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

bango skank posted:

Have they mentioned papa larroquette buying a new car recently? Just found out a friend of mine who works at a dealership sold him a car sometime in the past year or so.

Many times

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Didn't he buy a Tesla? That's what kicked off their whole Uber Air and general automation chat for the last 5-10 episodes.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Hey, Seth, just you and your cat huh? Your apartments kind of small. Oh you're 50? You gotta pay. Elon says.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

i want a full ep of seth reading local news comments

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"Of the 140 insane people here, how do I know that you're going to dupe me the hardest?"

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Recent EPs have been so good.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

n8r posted:

Recent EPs have been so good.

Ive got like 7 or 8 on deck. savin em for a road trip

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
In the episode where Seth is talking about airplane crash statistics, do you guys think Jonathon is loving with Seth with his misunderstandings of what Seth is saying? Like thinking Seth was talking about himself as 'half of uyd'.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Jonathan is too busy thinking about breath of the wild, anime and star wars

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
These are basic errors of communication going on. I was like, 'dude must be messing around with Seth'

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

They really do need to send Jon undercover to some of the scammy new age conferences. Give him an ear piece and hidden camera so Seth can keep him from making some terrible mistakes, and stream it to patreons.

Also, the Ask Amy about the fake dog sitter was incredible. Jonathan would absolutely kill someone if they did that to him and his dogs, no doubt about it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

"what would you do if you found out I wasn't uploading these episodes?"

"I hit you with a bat for every episode you haven't uploaded"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Do people really get radiation therapy and chemo for their dogs or is he just out of touch?

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

Beastie posted:

Do people really get radiation therapy and chemo for their dogs or is he just out of touch?

People get radiation and chemo for their dogs and by people I mean crazy rich people and by crazy rich people I mean people that live in Malibu.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anybody got an episode number for Jonathan's story about drowning a rat?

e: found it with a little googling ep453 for reference

bango skank fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I want someone to make a 5 hour UYD Elon Musk supercut. He's like Seth's muse, it's amazing.