Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If like at least a quarter of the movie isn’t spent in space dive bars and gambling parlors then I just don’t know what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Maybe they can retcon the Holdo maneuver in Solo.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The movie should have been Down By Law in Space honestly

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

an skeleton posted:

So did you enjoy The Last Jedi?

NO.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Only about 10% of that looks good

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Only about 10% of that looks good

Which 10%?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

A couple admittedly nice shots.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
How protected are K Kennedy and RJ if TLJ blowback starts creeping to Marvel?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Shaocaholica posted:

How protected are K Kennedy and RJ if TLJ blowback starts creeping to Marvel?

lol ok so this question is absurd but i have some clarifying questions:

What blowback? How would it extend to marvel? How you would you tie it back to star wars?

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
Why would it creep to Marvel?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess there's that "Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys" group that claimed to have tanked TLJ's audience score and is planning to do the same to Marvel films? Although they're supposedly doing that to avenge DC's poorly reviewed films rather than due to any beef with TLJ itself.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Solo teaser was awesome and anybody that thought otherwise prob thought eps 7 & 8 were good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BonoMan posted:

Solo teaser was awesome and anybody that thought otherwise prob thought eps 7 & 8 were good.

what about it looked like a departure from 7 and 8 to you?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Looks like anus.

Seriously, I am fundamentally opposed to the idea of this movie existing. It will only cheapen the character. But this is the world we live in, unfortunately.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
They didn't even have Han Solo speak in the teaser for his own movie, and he's only in one shot. I guess the acting coach rumors for the the no-name actor playing Han were true.

This film will most likely be an unmitigated disaster. :munch:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

viral spiral posted:

They didn't even have Han Solo speak in the teaser for his own movie, and he's only in one shot. I guess the acting coach rumors for the the no-name actor playing Han were true.

he was one of the two voices in the trailer dude

that rumor was just disney trying to preemptively blame everyone involved except themselves, hail ceaser proved ehrenreich can act perfectly fine

e: not that the movie won't be a disaster, just that i'd blame a lot of other people before the lead

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

viral spiral posted:

he's in multiple scenes, he does speak, it's a teaser not the full trailer, and from what i gather acting coaches are not uncommon

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

UmOk posted:

How the gently caress do these assholes in another galaxy even know english? MY IMMERSION

Star Wars fans are the best

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Top Gun posted:

Star Wars fans are the best

Well they spent the entire film series and games doing it this one way and then for whatever reason they don't. Pretty sure the game designers didn't even need a memo they just knew because they are dirty dirty fans.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

BarronsArtGallery posted:

But this is the world we live in, unfortunately.

I too hate this new and awful world where we get to see more movies with characters we like in them.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Unormal posted:

I too hate this new and awful world where we get to see more movies with characters we like in them.

Double irony tho because TLJ.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gently caress the haters, Solo gonna be good.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

TLJ helped sink everyones expectations so at least it has that in its favour.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CODChimera posted:

And R1...

And TFA...

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I know I am late to the party but as someone who has almost no attachment to star wars as a series I just saw TLJ and thought it was just a bad movie. Not a bad star wars movie, but a bad movie full stop.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Knifegrab posted:

I know I am late to the party but as someone who has almost no attachment to star wars as a series I just saw TLJ and thought it was just a bad movie. Not a bad star wars movie, but a bad movie full stop.

Hate to burst your bubble but you are now a bigot misogynist.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

CODChimera posted:

I don't know if sink is the right word. It is like, after a narrow escape, spending 20 minutes showing a main character suffocating inside their spacesuit on arrival at the place they needed to go, finally getting their spacesuit helmet off only to realize the atmosphere is not breathable and they die, then spending additional time following up with a reveal that they went to the wrong place, and then by a reveal that they didn't even need to go, oh and the movie still has 90 minutes of runtime remaining, then later in the movie information comes out that makes you not care about that main character at all and you realize you can't be bothered to care about the franchise anymore.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Shaocaholica posted:

Hate to burst your bubble but you are now a bigot misogynist.

This is how we win flynn by doing stupid dumb poo poo that makes no logical sense.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

That big storm is the Kessel Run, guys. Call me a psychic. Han will be pursued by an SD and will prove his mettle by going the fastest through it.

This will be the climax of the movie because nothing interesting will happen.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Kart Barfunkel posted:

And R1...

And TFA...

If you didn't like any of the 3 new movies then what sort of expectations are you going to have for Solo then? Would you even bother to watch it?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CODChimera posted:

If you didn't like any of the 3 new movies then what sort of expectations are you going to have for Solo then? Would you even bother to watch it?

I fully expect it to be another middling adventure movie. I’m not gonna wait in line for it. I’ll see it eventually, but I think we have a pretty good idea on what Disney wants from their Star Wars movies and it’s clearly just meta narratives about how they control the franchise. These movies all show obvious signs that they’re rushed because Disney wants to make a quick buck. I’ll get around to it eventually because there are talented people behind it and I like the universe, but these new ones all look so cheap and unimaginative.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Tbh I would never wait in line opening night for a movie I really want to see. Being in a full theater full of psyched up nerds sounds like maybe the worst thing I could think of

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I hope all the movies are good until the next RJ one.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope we get a lot of Space Pimp Lando Calrissian.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

So apparently Han Solo is going to fight a world of warcraft paladin on top of a moving spacetrain in a blizzard. Uh huh.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEd3DpH_e0&t=932s

Going to take a checklist with me to the screening.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Captain Splendid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjEd3DpH_e0&t=932s

Going to take a checklist with me to the screening.

What Rich says about the Star Destroyer and the black hole feels absolutely prescient.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Brother Entropy posted:

he was one of the two voices in the trailer dude

that rumor was just disney trying to preemptively blame everyone involved except themselves, hail ceaser proved ehrenreich can act perfectly fine

e: not that the movie won't be a disaster, just that i'd blame a lot of other people before the lead

That coach thing is Sith Kennedy preemptively pointing the blame finger to the main actor instead of the people who cast the wrong actor for the role before the show starts.

I predict the actual movie quality will be inoffensive meh similar to R1 but the reception will be much much worse.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Dr.Radical posted:

Tbh I would never wait in line opening night for a movie I really want to see. Being in a full theater full of psyched up nerds sounds like maybe the worst thing I could think of

A friend of a friend dragged me along to see Matrix: Reloaded on opening night. It was literally the worst night of my life.

(Though the schadenfreude of their shocked and horrified silence on the way home at the crappyness of the film somewhat made up for it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

whatever7 posted:

That coach thing is Sith Kennedy preemptively pointing the blame finger to the main actor instead of the people who cast the wrong actor for the role before the show starts.

I predict the actual movie quality will be inoffensive meh similar to R1 but the reception will be much much worse.

It could also go another way.

"Wow, this film isn't as horrible as the rumors indicated! 7/10!"

If Solo gets a reception that can be said to be negative as opposed to mildly positive or damned with false praise, I'll be surprised.

Also, what's with every single female character of note since Disney coming into the picture being a brunette? Rey, Jyn, Emilia Clarke. It's a bit weird.

• Locked thread