Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/960496602661179392

Also some rear end in a top hat lit the ESB in green and white last night and we ain't happy.

It was really cool, half the building was in Eagles colors and half in Pats colors, when a team scored their sides did a little light show. It was rad as heck I tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kirios posted:

You do realize you can never get rid of that jersey, right?

That's Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles' jersey thank you very much.

So, that shirt's getting pretty threadbare in places (It was just a cheap airport t-shirt even before I got it on clearance three years ago, and I wear it a lot), and I kept making promises about buying new shirts and jerseys if we won individual games (I think I owe the football gods like three Jake Elliott jerseys at this point). I think I'm gonna get some new Foles gear to wear around and keep this shirt somewhere safe so I can pull it out when I need it most.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

gently caress the Eagles

All hail the NFC East, Patriot killers

I hate you all

I love you all

Pain

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Everything is divine

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
A big shout out to Jeff Fisher for making it all possible.

https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/763783441104199680

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
They need to make up their drat mind on when the parade is. Tuesday. No, Wednesday. Actually, maybe Thursday because of weather.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

i am a little disappointed you didn't tell the balloon lady to leave the patriot one half flat.

Hah funny enough this morning it was deflated on the floor but the 2 Eagles balloons were still flying high. :c00l:

After the Pats beat us in 2004 I also had Patriots and Eagles balloons at my party. I kept the Eagles one as a reminder that we played in the Super Bowl and lost. I still have it at my parent's house. I gotta figure out some cool way to flatten one of the balloons and frame it.

89 posted:

It still doesn’t feel real. Post coming.

https://streamable.com/bn69u

i'm swoop dancin' in the background

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 5, 2018

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Everybody treated the Eagles like they were a joke.

As soon as we lost Darren Sproles, we were supposed to lose games.

When we lost Jason Peters, the offensive line wasn’t supposed to hold up.

When our signal calling middle LB Jordan Hicks went down, our defense was supposed to fold.

Then, when the unreal, what would have been MVP, Carson Wentz went down, we were supposed to be 1 and Done.

We weren’t supposed to win more than 7 games. We won 13.

They called us “underdogs” to last year’s Super Bowl runner up, the Falcons. Even though we were the #1 seed and they were #6. We denied Julio Jones 3 times back to back to back 10 yards out from the end zone. We won. They called us flukes.

The Vikings have the #1 defense in the league and the Miracle in Minnesota. “You can’t win.” We dropped 38 unanswered points on that defense. We advanced to the Super Bowl.

Ok, 1 outlier Foles game, Eagles. He’s a backup QB. Now you have the ultimate NFL end game boss, Tom Brady & The Patriots. For real, this time. Nice run, but you’ve got no rings and Brady has 5. You’re the Eagles.

You can’t win.

You’re still a joke. Maybe if you had Wentz. MAYBE.

Brady had one of the greatest games of his career against the Eagles. The Patriots put up over 600 yards of offense. Don’t get into a shoot out with Tom Brady, they said.

Then....

The Eagles won the Super Bowl.

They even did it without Sean Lee.

The Eagles out Patrioted the Patriots. There’s nothing left to prove. There’s no more questions. The only answer is that, finally, the Philadelphia Eagles...

...are Champions.

You can’t do a season any better than that. Greatest season ever as an Eagles fan 🦅

BEST IN THE WORLD #flyeaglesfly #worldchamps

Now, time to get a copy of the The Philadelphia Inquirer here in Arkansas and frame it.

This is where the dynasty begins

89 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 5, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

When our signal calling middle LB Jordan Hicks went down, our defense was supposed to fold.

Then, when the unreal, what would have been MVP, Carson Wentz went down, we were supposed to be 1 and Done.

They called us “underdogs” to last year’s Super Bowl runner up, the Falcons. Even though we were the #1 seed and they were #6. We denied Julio Jones 3 times back to back to back 10 yards out from the end zone. We won. They called us flukes.

The Vikings have the #1 defense in the league and the Miracle in Minnesota. “You can’t win.” We dropped 38 unanswered points on that defense. We advanced to the Super Bowl.

Ok, 1 outlier Foles game, Eagles. He’s a backup QB. Now you have the ultimate NFL end game boss, Tom Brady & The Patriots. For real, this time. Nice run, but you’ve got no rings and Brady has 5. You’re the Eagles.

You can’t win.

Brady had one of the greatest games of his career against the Eagles. The Patriots put up over 600 yards of offense. Don’t get into a shoot out with Tom Brady, they said.

Then....

The Eagles out Patrioted the Patriots. There’s nothing left to prove. There’s no more questions. The only answer is that, finally, the Philadelphia Eagles...

...are Champions.

You can’t do a season any better than that. Greatest season ever as an Eagles fan 🦅

Now, time to get a copy of the The Philadelphia Inquirer here in Arkansas and frame it.

:yeah:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

You can’t win.

Then....

...are Champions.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Still laughing my rear end off over here picturing me running into my room in the past going "Quick! Put all your money on the Eagles winning the Superbowl and Nick Foles being MVP with a receiving touchdown!"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Watching the replays, I am still amazed by the touchdown passes to Jeffrey and Clement. loving Nick Foles man.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Clement played his goddamn brains out. That dude is cool and good imho

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

89 posted:

You can’t win.

Then....

...are Champions.

:yeah:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Yodzilla posted:

Clement played his goddamn brains out. That dude is cool and good imho

He's fantastic, and I hope they ask more of him next season. Dude just did not disappoint whenever you got the ball to him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
We have a bit of a wealth at RB. People say we cut Blount, but I’m thinking he stays at his low salary. Smallwood is gone. Pumphrey, they’ll have to decide on, cause he’ll get poached on the practice squad. Ajayi & Clement are gonna stay obviously. But then, Sproles is wanting to come back. But Clement made himself too valuable. I know Philly wants to do Sproles right, but I dunno what the right thing to do is.

Gonna be hard to resign Bradham & Robinson as well. Vinny Curry played really well, but he has a fat contract.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Curry can't be a dead money cut anymore can he?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Sports fandom literally can’t get any better than this.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/TitanicTD/status/960354615186345984

:cry:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

Curry can't be a dead money cut anymore can he?

If they keep him his cap hit is $11 million if they cut him it's $6 million.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's a lot of money.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Did last night happen

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

shyduck posted:

Did last night happen

I still can't believe the hail mary failed. I was ready to smash my tv apart but thankfully I didn't have to.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Did last night happen

Let me check the hat I got today.

Hat confirms we are super bowl champions, so yes last night happened.

:)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shyduck posted:

Did last night happen

Yes. Yes it did my friend.

The utter shock of it has faded today and I'm just really emotional today. It's really something.

I think I told you guys during one of my infamous GDT meltdowns in 2016 about how I was finally going to go :therapy: because of how bad my mental/emotional state had gotten and I did, back in November of 2016. It's a year and a half later and I literally feel like a different person.

One of the hardest things I've had to get through is not reacting in the horrible, unhealthy negative way I used to to stuff out of my control (e.g. football games) and I was super nervous for this season. It was going to be one of the toughest challenges I had in my treatment and my therapist and I seriously considered me giving up football because of how dangerous it could be for me. But I decided I loved the Eagles (and football) too much to give up and so I'd use the stuff I learned about regulating my thoughts and emotions to get me through the season.

It turned out this was a dream season and the great irony in the end is that when I was younger I needed the Eagles to win to validate my self...but now that I finally don't need it any more is when they win it all.

It's why Nelson Agholor is my favorite Eagle and why I'm so drat proud of him for how he fought through his performance anxiety and got help. That had to have been so humiliating to him and so, so hard to do but he did. And now he's won a Super Bowl and is a Philly legend.

It's all just really special and wonderful and I'm so happy.

Things can get better and they absolutely will if you try. It's going to be really hard and scary and you're not going to be perfect, but things will get better. I hope all my NFC East posting pals, even the Cowboys and Giants and Skins fans take that to heart.

Thanks for listening folks :unsmith:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

axeil posted:

The utter shock of it has faded today and I'm just really emotional today. It's really something.

I think I told you guys during one of my infamous GDT meltdowns in 2016 about how I was finally going to go :therapy: because of how bad my mental/emotional state had gotten and I did, back in November of 2016. It's a year and a half later and I literally feel like a different person.

One of the hardest things I've had to get through is not reacting in the horrible, unhealthy negative way I used to to stuff out of my control (e.g. football games) and I was super nervous for this season. It was going to be one of the toughest challenges I had in my treatment and my therapist and I seriously considered me giving up football because of how dangerous it could be for me. But I decided I loved the Eagles (and football) too much to give up and so I'd use the stuff I learned about regulating my thoughts and emotions to get me through the season.

It turned out this was a dream season and the great irony in the end is that when I was younger I needed the Eagles to win to validate my self...but now that I finally don't need it any more is when they win it all.

It's why Nelson Agholor is my favorite Eagle and why I'm so drat proud of him for how he fought through his performance anxiety and got help. That had to have been so humiliating to him and so, so hard to do but he did. And now he's won a Super Bowl and is a Philly legend.

Things can get better and they absolutely will if you try. It's going to be really hard and scary and you're not going to be perfect, but things will get better. I hope all my NFC East posting pals, even the Cowboys and Giants and Skins fans take that to heart.

Hey man, I just wanna say I've seen you post about this stuff and I appreciate the hell out of how up-front you are with it. Helps folks like me, and I'm sure many others, since these things aren't always easy to talk about.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

Hey man, I just wanna say I've seen you post about this stuff and I appreciate the hell out of how up-front you are with it. Helps folks like me, and I'm sure many others, since these things aren't always easy to talk about.

You're welcome! If you (or anyone else) ever need(s) help, feel free to shoot me a PM. I can share some of the exercises and workbooks and what not my therapist shared with me. I'm not a therapist/am not qualified to be anyone's therapist, but I can at least point you in the right direction. No technique works for everyone but you can always give it a shot, worst case you're right where you started :unsmith:

If you're struggling and you have no idea what to do, and can't afford therapy or can't get it, at least try and get this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Dialectical-Behavior-Therapy-Skills-Workbook/dp/1572245131

It's a DBT workbook and it'll really break things down. I had tried traditional CBT in the past as a teenager and it just never seemed to stick. For whatever reason, DBT worked way better. The book is a much more powerful tool if you're seeing a clinician at the same time but if you have no other option it might help.

And hey, if you are in therapy now, mention it to your therapist and see what he or she thinks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axeil posted:

This is awesome and I'm really happy for you.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

:unsmith: I'm so happy for you buddy. You deserve happiness. Try find it in all aspects of life

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is awesome and I'm really happy for you.

CyberPingu posted:

:unsmith: I'm so happy for you buddy. You deserve happiness. Try find it in all aspects of life

Thanks guys. I hope you all find happiness too :unsmith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

This year has been a good start so far. Got married first week in January, Eagles SB win. Definitely better than last year started for sure

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t say much beyond this is awesome. It just feels wonderful.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axeil posted:

I'm definitely happy.

Clearly the Redskins have nothing to do with that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

I'm glad for you!

My wife and I just got into a big argument over the weekend because she wants me to go back to therapy, as over the last year my obsessive compulsive disorder has grown to the worst its been since I was a teenager. I've gone a long time without therapy or medication, but I haven't been able to self regulate well and some of my compulsions have become (very minorly) self-destructive. The worst part is that I've basically stopped doing anything creatively fulfilling, and the places where I used to find release no longer hold the same luster. I used to stay up until three or four in the morning while working on things that make me happy, but most of the times now I just sit and do nothing. Literally nothing- like staring into space. It all makes me feel pretty miserable. The reason why I've always loved sports is because it gives me an avenue to dump my anxiety and channel it into a more acceptable circumstance.

I've been severely depressed for a while now, and while there's a part of me that says I'll just be going back to therapy for my wife, I also can accept that it's what's best for me- even if it does feel like a regression.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

a new study bible! posted:

I'm glad for you!

My wife and I just got into a big argument over the weekend because she wants me to go back to therapy, as over the last year my obsessive compulsive disorder has grown to the worst its been since I was a teenager. I've gone a long time without therapy or medication, but I haven't been able to self regulate well and some of my compulsions have become (very minorly) self-destructive. The worst part is that I've basically stopped doing anything creatively fulfilling, and the places where I used to find release no longer hold the same luster. I used to stay up until three or four in the morning while working on things that make me happy, but most of the times now I just sit and do nothing. Literally nothing- like staring into space. It all makes me feel pretty miserable. The reason why I've always loved sports is because it gives me an avenue to dump my anxiety and channel it into a more acceptable circumstance.

I've been severely depressed for a while now, and while there's a part of me that says I'll just be going back to therapy for my wife, I also can accept that it's what's best for me- even if it does feel like a regression.

It's not regression. I've been there, multiple times. Therapy, medication, more therapy, and now I'm in therapy again. It's lovely that a person who gets therapy and recovers is considered weak, while a person who gets cancer and survives chemo is considered strong. If it's cool to get another round of chemo then it should be acceptable to get more therapy.

Your wife sounds awesome. Hell, even if part of you is going for her that's a good thing; it means you care about her and want her to be happy. That's a good thing, since she clearly wants the best for you.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I still can't believe last night happened. I don't have an emotional story of personal growth, but I love all of you NFCE jerks and I hope everyone finds happiness.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's all settling in now for me.

I was so happy during Foles' breakout season, it gave me something nice to focus on when I was technically dying from some horrible immune system thing.

I'm very happy today.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
The NFC East now has the most Super Bowl appearances (21), most Super Bowl wins (13), and the only division in the NFL to have all 4 teams win the Lombardi

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I love football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm glad I got to see Philly win a big one before football is killed/changed into an unrecognizable game.

• Locked thread