Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This new kid is like a hybrid of Russ and Pat.

I like him a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I guess this is hazing at Polygon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZfNc_kbxKQ

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Where is my video of Brian jumping

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Where is my video of Brian jumping

Hasn't landed yet. He wasn't kidding.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/959890230743633921

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's true

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the Polygon Show.
However, the way they talk is really annoying.

It'll be mumblemumblemumblemumbleSHOUTSHOUTSHOUT

It's the same reason I had to drop the Giantbomb podcast.
The content is great but they should practice more on being mic friendly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I love the Polygon Show for these reasons

1) Simone and her laugh
2) Allegra finding really dark poo poo hilarious and making everyone else on the show feel both uncomfortable and old ("CARTOON CARTOON RESORT SUMMER THAT WAS THE BEST GAME" "oookay allegra")
3) Ashley's shame for playing persona 5 and destiny 2 for hundreds of hours each, and general anger
4) chelsea is cool too i guess but she is the straight man foil

I especially enjoyed Allegra talking about how hilarious the boy eating the dog and vagina monster in devilman crybaby were, to the horror of everyone else

I feel like she must have had a Gaia forums account. i bet she did

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quest For Glory II posted:

I love the Polygon Show for these reasons

1) Simone and her laugh
2) Allegra finding really dark poo poo hilarious and making everyone else on the show feel both uncomfortable and old ("CARTOON CARTOON RESORT SUMMER THAT WAS THE BEST GAME" "oookay allegra")
3) Ashley's shame for playing persona 5 and destiny 2 for hundreds of hours each, and general anger
4) chelsea is cool too i guess but she is the straight man foil

I especially enjoyed Allegra talking about how hilarious the boy eating the dog and vagina monster in devilman crybaby were, to the horror of everyone else

I feel like she must have had a Gaia forums account. i bet she did

I haven't watched a ton of the Polygon Show, but that moment you speak of with Allegra was hilarious. Everyone else was mortified, and she's just chuckling through it all.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah I really vibe on Allegra.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Allegra is very relatable.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Most of her tweets are about being a garbage human, which makes her very relatable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aren't there more public girls than boys at Polygon?
Maybe the thread title should be changed.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Most of her tweets are about being a garbage human, which makes her very relatable.

This is basically why I just bought Night in the Woods. Looking forward to empathising heavily with a trash cat, like she did.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 5, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Also its not something I ever post about in here, but the Polygon fanartist people are really good at what they do.

https://twitter.com/avery_helm/status/959999303803703296

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

I haven't watched a ton of the Polygon Show, but that moment you speak of with Allegra was hilarious. Everyone else was mortified, and she's just chuckling through it all.

Allegra takes a deep, real, pleasure in throwing fuckin IEDs like that out and laughing as everyone goes "WHAT WHY WHAT" She's a podcast terrorist, and hell I support her.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

Allegra takes a deep, real, pleasure in throwing fuckin IEDs like that out and laughing as everyone goes "WHAT WHY WHAT" She's a podcast terrorist, and hell I support her.
"There's this Neopets game where you just beat the poo poo out of this guy ahahaha"
"Uhhh what, allegra"
"YOU JUST WHACK HIM!!! ahahaha you just WHACK HIM"

there's a bit in a recent episode where Simone starts talking about sex with Mara (penis chariot) from SMT and everyone is upset except for allegra who is laughing her head off

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 5, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Quest For Glory II posted:

"There's this Neopets game where you just beat the poo poo out of this guy ahahaha"
"Uhhh what, allegra"
"YOU JUST WHACK HIM!!! ahahaha you just WHACK HIM"

there's a bit in a recent episode where Simone starts talking about sex with Mara (penis chariot) from SMT and everyone is upset except for allegra who is laughing her head off

the polygon show really has the perfect mix of 'people who ask why you'd ever even talk about the penis chariot let alone the mechanics of loving it' and 'the people who cackle as they explain EXACTLY how that'd go down'. You gotta have the voice of reason saying 'we can't spend ALL show talking about this horrible thing' just as much as you need the people saying 'NO Mario has a dick because it's 'the mushroom kingdom'!'

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Sometimes the sex jokes make me a little bit uncomfortable but it's mostly farcical and about fictional dudes not real people.

That is my Polygon show sentiment.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Aren't there more public girls than boys at Polygon?
Maybe the thread title should be changed.

I suggested this before and people came up with some really great potential titles but no one changed it. I guess someone has to go bug a mod?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Organza Quiz posted:

I suggested this before and people came up with some really great potential titles but no one changed it. I guess someone has to go bug a mod?

I PMed FactsAreUseless yesterday but still no word back. I’ll try the other Games mods today.

E: shoutout to mod VideoGames for “getting her done”!

timp fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 6, 2018

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

There's a chill new Polygon stream happening right now. It could be premade, but I'm pretty sure someone is DJing it.

lofi chill beats X 24/7 X hip hop study X waluigi

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah, I was coming to post about that. I suppose its a sort of thematic sequel to the skeleton stream.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Something very important has just been uncovered.

Man I hope that Waluigi doesn't end up being a sexual harasser.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
polygon are putting the "service" back in "service journalism", running their own 24/7 lofi chill beats studying stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM4J971Pv8s

e: well poo poo

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

How the gently caress are there still 1000 viewers on that stream?

Am I misremembering, or isn't that double Awful Squad numbers?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Not Operator posted:

How the gently caress are there still 1000 viewers on that stream?

Am I misremembering, or isn't that double Awful Squad numbers?

Because the live chat. Weather currently discussing whether Waluigi is a top or bottom.

with his 5 or W shaped butt cheeks of course he's a power bottom

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Does anybody else hear Au Clair de la Lune in their head whenever they see gifs of Starman orbiting the Earth?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

This is a pretty solid stream, really

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Wa-Ethics is funny.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

thexerox123 posted:

Does anybody else hear Au Clair de la Lune in their head whenever they see gifs of Starman orbiting the Earth?

I honestly didn't know what you were talking about when I first read this, and then I saw a picture and it popped into my head immediately. It's uncanny.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I honestly didn't know what you were talking about when I first read this, and then I saw a picture and it popped into my head immediately. It's uncanny.

I'm glad that Busto finally made it to the Sun Chips Place.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Brian and Jenna and Week in Revue are so great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHS1f1aaFiA

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If u didn’t love Simone before....

https://twitter.com/pizza_suplex/status/962071500789489666

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m aware that this is old as poo poo but watching Let’s Play the Baseball Game is really frustrating because Pat don’t know poo poo about Mortal Kombat and I hate him now

They also seem to be incapable of using context clues to figure out where poo poo begins and ends

Edit: like for a couple of film people how the gently caress they couldn’t figure out that the Superman scene directly mirrored the MK scene directly before it is amazing. I’m aware that knowing too much about Mortal Kombat is probably not good for my health but like, pay attention maybe?

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 10, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m aware that this is old as poo poo but watching Let’s Play the Baseball Game is really frustrating because Pat don’t know poo poo about Mortal Kombat and I hate him now

They also seem to be incapable of using context clues to figure out where poo poo begins and ends

Edit: like for a couple of film people how the gently caress they couldn’t figure out that the Superman scene directly mirrored the MK scene directly before it is amazing. I’m aware that knowing too much about Mortal Kombat is probably not good for my health but like, pay attention maybe?

I love it, but yeah it suffers from being the last thing they do on a Friday evening as work is wrapping up. They both seem legitimately exhsusted during the streams.

e: Pat more so because Allegra is a baby with the power of youth.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/962100118257356802

This poll is peak polygon on multiple levels.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was vote 4,999 and it's still 50/50.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

It's loving bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009