Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SadisTech posted:

to be fair ulting Moira isn't keeping anybody healed if they're getting focused by more than one person

Isn't convalescence 140health/sec?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
All i know is that Coalescence is "gently caress i can't loving see" whenever it's aimed anywhere in my general direction.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

hobbesmaster posted:

Isn't convalescence 140health/sec?

it's good for genji/Winston/roadhog ults sometimes pharah, basically anything where a few seconds of health cushion is really helpful

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

What if instead of games played or won lootboxes were bought with gold/silver medals earned in matches you play to completion? That way everyone does their best.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Rirse posted:

Man I never really noticed how much a Genji and Moira ulting at the same time (I was Moira) is a very scary combo. Since she can blast the enemies while damaging them and keeping Genji healed so he just rampages through them rapidly.

also its a lot harder to see Genji coming with a hose of a piss in your eyes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There are other bad ults in the game but Moira’s is easily the most boring now

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Sometimes I wish I could cancel her ult in the middle when I really need to throw out pee ball + spray to keep someone alive bc kamehameha doesnt heal enuff 😐

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bust Rodd posted:

If the kamehameha is boring you, you're not doing enough with it.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah but the rest of her kit is really fun so it's b a l a n c e d

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Naerasa posted:

If the kamehameha is boring you, you're not doing enough with it.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

That’s my issue, Moira seems extremely powerful based on her regular kit and then her ult is like a weird (but objectively stronger) Pharah Ult, which was the previous worst Ult, IMO

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Except the Kamehameha is also really fun.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
moira is extremely fun, i am so glad i am not forced into picking mercy every loving match

went up like 150 SR yesterday slam picking moira :feelsgood:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Moira's ult works a lot better when I throw one of her deathballs out first then ult, as they do enough damage to start killing tanks.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Moira is probably the best designed (mechanically that is) character out of everyone in the game. And that's pre and post release characters.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kokoro Wish posted:

Moira is probably the best designed (mechanically that is) character out of everyone in the game. And that's pre and post release characters.

Agree. The only thing she was lacking when she first came out that thankfully was patched was her inability to hurt turrets outside of her ult. That really sucked if I played her in deathmatch and Tjoborn was there.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

black.lion posted:

Sometimes I wish I could cancel her ult in the middle when I really need to throw out pee ball + spray to keep someone alive bc kamehameha doesnt heal enuff 😐

Left click is 80hps and org is 75hps (up to 300) versus 140hps per target for kamehama. I don’t see why you’d want to cancel it?

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Reinhardt would be for me- seems really fair and balanced. Every time he kills me, its like "that's fair, I probably deserved that".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reiley posted:

What if instead of games played or won lootboxes were bought with gold/silver medals earned in matches you play to completion? That way everyone does their best.

Medals don’t straight correlate to contribution on a team so it would be bad

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also Moira’s ult is really good for it’s optimal use: picking off wounded and weak units and finishing off healers and other low health units through barriers

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tracer's the best one and the only hero that's not been changed at all since beta, at least as far as I can remember

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Astrochicken posted:

im still going through the 5 stages of grief from the one time a hanzo one shot my orisa.

I don't understand why it's SO loving HARD to put a line into the code somewhere that says HEY, NO ONE TAKES MORE THAN 200 DAMAGE FROM SCATTER ARROW.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also Moira’s ult is really good for it’s optimal use: picking off wounded and weak units and finishing off healers and other low health units through barriers

It's fine for guaranteeing a win on a team fight that's a little wobbly. Being able to beam through shields and get Zen/Mercy/Ana other squishies to basically guarantee a victory is... okay, I guess...

Manatee Cannon posted:

tracer's the best one and the only hero that's not been changed at all since beta, at least as far as I can remember

99/100 Tracers are trash who just "harass" a backline, feeding ult while never getting any picks, and then throw their ult on one person to get a kill and pat themselves on the back IM CONTRIBUTING.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

AlternateAccount posted:

99/100 Tracers are trash who just "harass" a backline, feeding ult while never getting any picks, and then throw their ult on one person to get a kill and pat themselves on the back IM CONTRIBUTING.

I'm feeling pretty attacked right now.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

hobbesmaster posted:

Left click is 80hps and org is 75hps (up to 300) versus 140hps per target for kamehama. I don’t see why you’d want to cancel it?

It disables fade and sometimes i'd really like to be able to fade out of certain death

highmodulus posted:

Reinhardt would be for me- seems really fair and balanced. Every time he kills me, its like "that's fair, I probably deserved that".

Sometimes i get hit by some ridiculous bullshit shatters though

dogstile fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 5, 2018

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

dogstile posted:

It disables fade and sometimes i'd really like to be able to fade out of certain death
Yep.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

dogstile posted:

I agree, it's frustrating as poo poo, but lore-wise maybe it makes sense that she's just dumping the poo poo out all uncontrolled and it has to empty out. Pharah can't turn her rockets off early either :\

AlternateAccount fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 5, 2018

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

dogstile posted:

agreed, though i do sort of like the fact that this is part of the decision-making process when you have your ult

"do i have enough time to fully use this and not die like a sitting duck because of it?"

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

kumba posted:

agreed, though i do sort of like the fact that this is part of the decision-making process when you have your ult

"do i have enough time to fully use this and not die like a sitting duck because of it?"

Oh I agree, i just thought i'd explain why someone would want to get out of the ult early.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Moira's ult will pass through heroes, right? Like if I am firing through a friendly Reinhardt at idk let's say an enemy Soldier just standing there, am I healing the Rein AND damaging the Soldier? Or is it just healing the Rein and not carrying through?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It goes through everything. The selling point is that it'll do plenty of work on a mixed cluster of friendly/enemy players.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
In fairness, Moira is probably overpowered right now. But I am so happy to have a healer people willingly select that I hope they leave her alone.

Scatter arrow can be nerfed into the ground with impunity, not like Hanzo mains are going to switch. . . .

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Moira's ult will pass through heroes, right? Like if I am firing through a friendly Reinhardt at idk let's say an enemy Soldier just standing there, am I healing the Rein AND damaging the Soldier? Or is it just healing the Rein and not carrying through?

If you line up all other 11 players it will heal each of your allies for the full amount each and do the full damage to all 6 enemies.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

highmodulus posted:

I haven't seen a rein in awhile, but I swear his charge comes with a vacuum to pull me in from 5 feet away

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That strange, cause everytime I play him it seems to have some sort of force field in front of it to make sure everyone is gently pushed to the side as I run past.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

World Famous W posted:

That strange, cause everytime I play him it seems to have some sort of force field in front of it to make sure everyone is gently pushed to the side as I run past.

I can attest to being blown around by a gentle rein breeze. if no part of you is dead center you float away...but if even your PINKY TOE is dead center you get DRAGGED

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man Mystery Heroes blows when you get stuck with characters you are awful with and your team blows poo poo.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
I'm kinda confused why I keep hearing Moira is overpowered. Her damage is kinda pitifully low and the only way she can increase it is by tossing out a damage ball which can be pretty easily avoided. Hell, her beam itself can't even finely target people, so if another enemy gets too close it'll swap targets as well.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DeliciousCookie posted:

I'm kinda confused why I keep hearing Moira is overpowered. Her damage is kinda pitifully low and the only way she can increase it is by tossing out a damage ball which can be pretty easily avoided. Hell, her beam itself can't even finely target people, so if another enemy gets too close it'll swap targets as well.

She can charge her ult in under 20 seconds. In co-ordinated play she's insanely good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
pretend her beam is zaryas beam

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

dogstile posted:

She can charge her ult in under 20 seconds. In co-ordinated play she's insanely good.
Yeah, it charges fast enough that you should be the first to ult in the first team fight of every game. And if you can do that and frag out with the beam, your team is then up on overall ult economy for the next fight, and you've already got a nice snowball happening.

Moira is hella strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
Ahs, so you mean Moira's ult is strong then. Though I will say any team thats coordinated is going to generally be very good as well.