Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I watched dune again and realized how much of the setting is straight up Frank Herbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
In my head Dune is a part of the 40k universe pre daot

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

I watched dune again and realized how much of the setting is straight up Frank Herbert

Guild Navigators eventually becoming horrible mutant fish things is pretty on the nose.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

adamantium|wang posted:

In my head Dune is a part of the 40k universe pre daot

:same:

It would be so easy to make it all connect rather seamlessly.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I like you guys and I like 30k

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

I thought I was very smart for realizing this when I was 13.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Book 8 Malevolence confirmed to be White Scars and Blood Angels.

Book 9 retains the name Angelius and will focus on the Thamas Crusade and Dark Mechanicum.

Angelus pushed back to the next book. Dark Angels cut. :laffo:

How the gently caress they gonna focus partially on the Thramas Crusade and not include the DAngels in it?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

How the gently caress they gonna focus partially on the Thramas Crusade and not include the DAngels in it?

I trust that they will find a way.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

Thramas won't be in Malevolence. They're covering Signus (BA/Demons) and Chondax (WS/Alpha Legion). Thramas will be in Angelus which is now pushed to book IX.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
The Dark Angels, of course, will not be in Angelus.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Atleast not the loyalist ones.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dark Angels are officially going to be squatted and replaced with an early legion of Primaris marines. They're going to be Serbian-themed.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hustlin Floh posted:

Dark Angels are officially going to be squatted and replaced with an early legion of Primaris marines. They're going to be Serbian-themed.

Thank you for finally posting what we’ve all been thinking. God bless.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Inshallah.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Thanqol posted:

Inshallah.
:same:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
All the pieces for my ally toxx have arrived. I will likely build more but I am definitely not adding to my toxx.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Beerdeer posted:

All the pieces for my ally toxx have arrived. I will likely build more but I am definitely not adding to my toxx.

:cmon:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Beerdeer posted:

Coward.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
pssst

hey

which legion is so special

mars issues them with padded helmets and upside down bolters

so they don't hurt themselves:

awwwuuuuuuuuuful!!

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 7, 2018

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Lol are they wearing gimp masks.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

BULBASAUR posted:

pssst

hey

which legion is so special

mars issues them with padded helmets and upside down bolters

so they don't hurt themselves:

awwwuuuuuuuuuful!!

Alright this has gone so far past the stupid event horizon that I like it again

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There is no way upside-down bolt pistols were intentional. This has to be a gently caress up.

Looking at them, there's a pretty clear dividing line where the casing doesn't line up. How the gently caress did these get through? Complete with painted versions?

:psydwarf:

The Space Wolf releases have been this cavalcade of bad sculpts. Ignoring the fur everyone complains about, they've managed to forget the grip on the praetor's gun and now have somehow managed to create upside down barrels. This is just what Space Wolf players deserve.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The real clincher is that the bayonette lug is on top. There's absolutely no way that's on purpose.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
As usual, the community is defending upside down bolters

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

As usual, the community is defending upside down bolters

Rubbish models/design choices? a spastic community that will defend any bad choice to the hilt? Forge world half assing something? Yup sounds about right for wolves ... ah it’s good to be back

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Much like the chaos god of malal this thread only grows when it can feed upon itself

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
So when's Carl coming back?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
It's just part of the Wolves' plan to make everyone think they're retarded backwards savages

but honestly guys they're really not stupid its just a ruse

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Could be worse.

No matter what hell world Iron Warriors build fortifications, the only things that come out are Dark Angels

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Got a few questions for those people who actually give forgeworld money.

Are you still charged VAT taxes at this time? I know officially they aren't out of the EU but wondering if they backed that part out now.
Are you pretty much charged the same amount using Paypal versus buying Virtual Gift Vouchers?
Is the paypal currency conversion fee pretty small vs. general bank transactions?

I can match/exceed the needed amount for free shipping but the additional fees are killing my desire for more mans. So far it looks like between VAT and Sales, I'm paying 30% of my total which is bonkers. Any ideas?

Don't really have recaster access though so short of basically poop socking it on Ebay it seem like I don't have much of a choice but to go direct.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Just pay what they tell you to pay, just like anything else? Either you can afford it or you can't.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
FW definitely applies a sales tax to my orders, but it's less than 10%.

I live in the US though so :shrug:. I don't know how that poo poo shakes out in the UK or continental Europe.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

FW definitely applies a sales tax to my orders, but it's less than 10%.

I live in the US though so :shrug:. I don't know how that poo poo shakes out in the UK or continental Europe.

I'm in the US too and last time I bought stuff (2 year ago) there was a 20% VAT tax for shipping out of the UK. Sales tax is like 7.7% which I don't really care about; It's the VAT that really eats the budget.

Basically I am trying to figure out if I can get both a Doredo and a leviathan or just stick with a Leviathan. I'd rather have both but if VAT is still there, then I'll have to either wait a bit longer or just go with one.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

... Either you can afford it or you can't.

Really should be the default thread title.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Can’t you just add them both to your cart and check?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you get to see what you'd pay before actually giving them money.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
They are always going to charge VAT. If the conversion fees are killing the order maybe give it a few more months :shobon:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Hixson posted:

Can’t you just add them both to your cart and check?

Doesn't include VAT in the total until WAY later in the process. So you see sales tax but not VAT.

Major Spag fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 7, 2018

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It was designed from scratch. It was an intentional choice. People claiming otherwise have no evidence or way to prove that this was a mistake and forge World themselves have said it was intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Major Spag posted:

Doesn't include VAT in the total until WAY later in the process. So you see sales tax but not VAT.

That’s about 8% which is what my last FW this past month was charged for tax. Didn’t have any additional VAT. If you’re in the US and got charged VAT then that sounds like a website gently caress up.