Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Has anybody else been having framerate issues randomly in game since last patch? I know it's not a GPU issue because it's brand new and runs everything else smoothly but whenever I get into a fire fight in PUBG my fps just tanks and I start stuttering everywhere. It sucks and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

Has anybody else been having framerate issues randomly in game since last patch? I know it's not a GPU issue because it's brand new and runs everything else smoothly but whenever I get into a fire fight in PUBG my fps just tanks and I start stuttering everywhere. It sucks and I hate it.

It's happening to a bunch of people and frequently when it happens, a crash is imminent. If you have a chance, get safe somewhere and restart to try to head that off.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Are you using Nvidia Freestyle?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cinara posted:

Are you using Nvidia Freestyle?

No, should I?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Goffer posted:

These are by far the best prefab loot buildings in the game

It's kind of absurd, honestly. They should balance the spawns more.

Erangel has good buildings too but nothing this ridiculous.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

No, should I?

No, it causes the issues you're experiencing for most people, seems to be some sort of memory leak with it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Snapes N Snapes posted:

You must not like 'long boring' movies either.

Does it take 1 minute and 30 seconds to prove they were teaming? Would you even know they were teaming without the accompanying post?

Bouchehog
Dec 19, 2002

The Campaign for Badger Rights

willroc7 posted:

This is one of my favorite wins to date. It was my call to clown-car our way out of this building and by gum, it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlM3jy2_vl4&t=95s

It was an odd ending to a fun game! Still, a chicken dinner is delicious however it's served.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

willroc7 posted:

This is one of my favorite wins to date. It was my call to clown-car our way out of this building and by gum, it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlM3jy2_vl4&t=95s

On the one hand, that was pretty hilarious. On the other hand, surely you could have underhand dropped all your frags and smokes down below to get out of there with all of you intact.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Cinara posted:

No, it causes the issues you're experiencing for most people, seems to be some sort of memory leak with it.

I use freestyle and have no problems with it.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

VietCampo posted:

Huh, i only ever find like a backpack and a red bull or painkiller at those.

Naaaah. Those buildings own. They come in pairs and look like my image here and they have something like 12 loot spawns between the two types of building, with no doors to open etc. so you can run around them quickly. They have a chance to be good/level 3 stuff. It's not uncommon to drop on one and come out with AR, level 2 armor, helmet and pack, scope and a sniper rifle.

They're all over the map and all have good loot (on average).

There's a nice set of them along the north and west of Los Leones where you can get a whole squad kitted up. Of course nothing is guaranteed but you definitely shouldn't skip looting these buildings.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Looting in Miramar is all about knowing what buildings are worth it to loot and skipping all the bad ones. Generally I skip all apartment buildings unless I got stuck looting in a poo poo city or ran out of good buildings to loot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/960278229566226437

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

:chaostrump:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

As already mentioned in our dev blog, we will be deploying an anti-cheat update tomorrow. The update will go live at Feb 5 6PM PST / Feb 6 3AM CET / 11AM KST and there will be no downtime for the servers.

The new anti-cheat feature will block different helper programs that alter the graphics or aid in gameplay in some way. What these programs have in common is that they all hook into our game and transform game files. Programs that are not used to gain an unfair advantage can also be blocked if they behave like cheats.

One of the popular programs that will be blocked is ReShade. You will not be banned for having it on system but you will no longer be able to play PUBG while it is installed. Please uninstall ReShade (or any other blocked program) and launch the game again. Some players may find that reinstalling PUBG is also necessary.

Some programs that do not affect gameplay may be blocked temporarily (NVIDIA ShadowPlay, video / audio capture programs, etc.) as we hone the new anti-cheat features. We will be dealing with these cases as soon as possible. If a harmless program is blocked, please report it in this form.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

edit:
here's the one from Steam Community:

quote:

<In-game Report Function>
We are gradually upgrading our in-game reporting features to effectively review your reports and accurately verify cheat activities. An internal system is being built as well to allow us to investigate reported content faster and more accurately. If you encounter a player you suspect of cheating, please use the report function. Please do bear in mind that when watching a replay, sometimes the replay footage and the actual gameplay may differ due to some bugs or network issues.

<File Modification>
If you tamper with the game files, your game access may be blocked, especially if you delete, modify or manipulate in any way the files affecting any of the game systems and mechanics.

<Account Sharing>
We have an announcement for those of you using family sharing on Steam. We had allowed this feature so that the account holders who own PUBG can use their character with other Steam accounts if they wanted to. However, we have decided to deactivate this feature because we have identified a number of vulnerabilities that are being exploited. Please understand that we are introducing this measure to fight abuse and ensure a fair environment.

We would like to sincerely thank all players who have always played fair, respected other players, and enjoyed PUBG as part of a healthy community. We will do our utmost to minimize the exposure of players who play fair to those who don’t. We ask for your understanding and active feedback so that we can create an enjoyable environment for PUBG together.

The internally developed anti-cheat solution is planned to be upgraded steadily after the first implementation next week. As mentioned earlier, the eradication of cheat programs will not end with a few attempts and actions. In addition to the systems currently in development and already implemented, we are looking into a more effective system, and we will actively introduce any solutions that were confirmed to be reliable and accurate. We will continue taking firm measures against the developers, distributors and users of cheats. We promise you that we will do our best every day in our battle for a fair game environment.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 5, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i loved reshade gg.

VietCampo posted:

Huh, i only ever find like a backpack and a red bull or painkiller at those.

yeah a few pages back when everyone was talking about these great concrete buildings i didn't know they meant those cuz i get jack poo poo out of them.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 5, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

i loved reshade gg.

yeah a few pages back when everyone was talking about these great concrete buildings i didn't know they meant those cuz i get jack poo poo out of them.

I drop those concrete buildings every chance I get and always get great loot. The warehouses with the L-shaped balcony are good too, but take a bit more time to loot because of vaulting up and opening a few doors.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Does this translate to "I went to one of those buildings once and it was poo poo"? Cause if you go to them regularly and only get crap loot, I don't know what to say to you. You must be playing a different game from me.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Groovelord Neato posted:

i loved reshade gg.

I got a VSS there once. It was nice. :widowsnypa:

I'm running f.lux on my gaming PC, I hope it's not gonna trigger the cheat detection in the future. I suppose it's a pretty bad thing to run if you want to win at PUBG in any case. Makes every game look like the evening game. Harder to spot people. Should have an auto-off trigger for pubg.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WhatEvil posted:

Does this translate to "I went to one of those buildings once and it was poo poo"?

if i only went once i probably wouldn't have posted about them.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

WhatEvil posted:

Does this translate to "I went to one of those buildings once and it was poo poo"? Cause if you go to them regularly and only get crap loot, I don't know what to say to you. You must be playing a different game from me.

I think I forget when I post here that I play this game a fuckton more than the average goon. Those concrete buildings own.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dude headshot me when I was cruising in a jeep by aiming behind my truck. How in the gently caress?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Neutrino posted:

Dude headshot me when I was cruising in a jeep by aiming behind my truck. How in the gently caress?

The replays and death cams are not very good for showing where someone is really aiming.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The replays and death cams are not very good for showing where someone is really aiming.

Ok, then how is it possible to tell if someone is cheating?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Neutrino posted:

This is a debate that has been going on in this thread for a long time. Someone posts a replay of "CHEATING LOL" and the majority of goons say "nah." It's only easy to tell when it's blatantly obvious like speed hacking or players getting 50% headshots. Maybe if you are getting traced through a wall for several seconds when you have never peaked. Looking at stats is the easiest way to tell.

The replays/death cams are bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Neutrino posted:

Watch their stream/video or see some blatant poo poo like spinhack or hard aimbot. Replays and death cams are near pointless unless someone is like tracing you through 10 walls for the entirety of it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

newest carmageddon lookin good

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Neutrino posted:

a lot of them seem to like abusing the s686, shooting through stuff with it and hitting you in the head from like 200 yds

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Replays are meant mostly to see where you hosed up and to show you that many of those times where you thought some guy was blatantly cheating it actually turns out he was stalking you for 2 minutes, etc, they were never meant to be a robust anti-cheat tool.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Neutrino posted:

Like this:

https://giant.gfycat.com/ResponsibleBlueKillifish.webm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Better luck next time!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Haters will say it is streamer loot

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Jesus, I used to get pirated South Park episodes that were smaller than that clip.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't understand blatant hacking.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's "funny"

I don't understand any hacking tbh.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Honestly, I'd rather die to a blatant aimbot here and there than live in fear of rage togglers and "subtle" hackers.

Too bad when there's some of the former you just know there's a ton of the latter.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thom P. Tiers posted:

it's "funny"

I don't understand any hacking tbh.

with the blatant hackers there's no plausible deniability. people smart enough not to obviously track you through buildings and use aimbots that only "clip" when they aim near your head can at least stroke their ego and act like they're good.

and like elman said probably a ton of those but it'd be pretty much impossible to tell since the deathcams are such poo poo.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

willroc7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T687H2KH4FY&t=257s

This guy was pretty mad. Don't watch the rest of the video unless you want to see a bunch of boring camping, although it does result in me killing the rest of his squad (and everyone else in Pecado). 1 man squad owns bones.

Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T687H2KH4FY&t=52s The lobby of that game. I'm pretty sure that guy and his squad are getting down to my sick beats.

How do you say, "dance?"

OK I think I fixed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOOR8-MQK8c&t=60s

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOOR8-MQK8c&t=257s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

odiv posted:

Jesus, I used to get pirated South Park episodes that were smaller than that clip.

Sorry? I didn't make it and I'm on wifi so I didn't notice.