Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bongo Bill posted:

The music is probably trailer-placeholder rather than the final score, but I hope it's indicative.

The music is being done by John Powell, who cut his teeth under Hans Zimmer (and did the balls-out-amazing X-Men: The Last Stand score), as opposed to Giacchino, whose primary influences are John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith, so it's entirely possible that the sound will be different from what's come before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009

Biff Rockgroin posted:

That was the worst part of Crusade.

I disagree. For me, that'd probably be the tank chase.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hansen85 posted:

I disagree. For me, that'd probably be the tank chase.

Say what now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

K. Waste posted:

Of course not, Valerian is way better than GotG.

yikes... :stare:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

The really infamous thing (because I'm pretty sure Lucas himself went out of his way at one point to say it was non-canon) was Jaxxon, a big green rabbit alien.

Hello.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

euphronius posted:

Apparently they are making a new trilogy with all new poo poo in it.

Is that coming after the current trilogy with all old poo poo in it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

As much as I love the new movies, I am hoping Star Wars is given a breather after Episode IX. Lets be honest though, that is not going to happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Is that coming after the current trilogy with all old poo poo in it?

Yes. Although the only old poo poo left now is Liea and she will die off screen. Also droids and chewbacca I guess .

I said come in! posted:

As much as I love the new movies, I am hoping Star Wars is given a breather after Episode IX. Lets be honest though, that is not going to happen.

That is not going to happen right

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
They deliberately kept Han Solo's appearance to a minimum in the full length trailer, too. :lol:

This film will probably have some cool special effects and not much else (like most Disney films).

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

euphronius posted:

Yes. Although the only old poo poo left now is Liea and she will die off screen. Also droids and chewbacca I guess .

I mean, to be honest, it's not like I don't want Star Wars to pander to my fan sensibilities as well. Origin stories feel like a waste of film, but if Rian Johnson's trilogy just retread Knights of the Old Republic or something I'd probably eat that poo poo right up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I mean, to be honest, it's not like I don't want Star Wars to pander to my fan sensibilities as well. Origin stories feel like a waste of film, but if Rian Johnson's trilogy just retread Knights of the Old Republic or something I'd probably eat that poo poo right up.

It's been described as "an unexplored part of the Star Wars universe" but I feel like that's probably a bit of a fudge and it'll be a part of the Star Wars universe unexplored in the past five years, but explored in a video game from 15 years ago.

One of their story group guys was saying on Twitter that some old EU characters are going to be coming back this year in some form, so I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson's trilogy ends up being about the ancient Jedi or something like that.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Masters Of The Teras Kasi adaption confirmed.

You WILL believe a Tusken Raider can spin-kick Darth Vader.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fart City posted:

At last Hoar will reveal himself to the Sith.

At last Hoar will have revenge.

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009

Fart City posted:

Say what now.

Hey, Last Crusade's my favorite Indy movie, so there's no part of it I dislike. But I never loved how that tank chase basically stops the movie for ten movies just as we're about to get to the climax. It's fine, but I'm mostly just waiting for it to end.

On the topic of Star Wars and the Solo trailer: As long as it's a Star Wars movie, I'm sure I'll enjoy it fine, but I'm not feeling Han from that performance. It's also looking surprisingly grey for what's supposedly meant to be lighthearted, but I guess that comes with the OT/Imperial aesthetic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fart City posted:

I love the art in the old Marvel Star Wars comics.

“I don’t give a poo poo if it is the biggest movie of the last ten years, Jerry, I’m gonna give him a fuckin’ rabbit snout.

Yeah, I’m drunk. So what?

Editor: You know, if you need any sort reference, we could get you mugs, books, puzzles, even one of the Kenner action figures.
Artist: gently caress you, I know what R2-D2 looks like. *looks at a hardboiled egg*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Fart City posted:

OH poo poo IT'S HOAR!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

still waiting for my Bushido Blade: Star Wars edition

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Will you settle for a Soul Calibur?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Serf posted:

Solo trailer does not inspire confidence in me. i was pretty bored right up until the very end with the tentacled space monster. i'm a sucker for giant monsters. owned in esb and tpm, so i'm down for some more star wars giant monster action. shame about the rest of it, which doesn't look interesting

I actually just came here to post that nothing in the trailer immediately piqued my interest except for the giant tentacle monster.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm not a great judge of acting; I know when someone's good and I know when someone's bad but I've never had much luck with the in-betweens. I never had any problems with Sean Patrick Flanery in Young Indiana Jones but I never felt like he was doing a Harrison Ford impression.

He wasn't remotely doing a Ford impression. That's why Lucas hired him.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ah yes, Darth Vader's eternally shameful defeat, the time he took a step backwards to secure better positioning.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

I know nothing about the character but I hope the new trilogy is The Jaxxon Trilogy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I feel like Ehrenreich was probably suited more to a goofier take on the character that Lord and Miller were doing before they got canned, and the "acting coach" stuff was actually to get him back into line for whatever stolid horseshit Howard and Kennedy are trying to make the movie into.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Solo should be about Harrison Ford trying to get to his plane to escape the set of Solo.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

*aaron aaronreich looks directly into the camera* "this never happened to the other fellow!"

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Ingmar terdman posted:

*aaron aaronreich looks directly into the camera* "this never happened to the other fellow!"

Legit would not be surprised if this exact scene is what got Lord and Miller shitcanned

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ingmar terdman posted:

Gettin' fuckin' flashbacks to my Doctor Who days

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man. One day different generations will be arguing about who their favorite Han Solo is, won't they?

I mean, it already happened with Obi-Wan, so I shouldn't be surprised. But I just never considered it for Solo before.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
This Han Solo film is shaping up to be the Terminator Genisys version of Star Wars; it's going to be loving horrible (barely showing Ehrenreich's Solo in the trailer for his own film means it's going to be poo poo, sorry guys). I don't know which was more ridiculous and forced: Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, or this Ehrenreich fella as Han Solo. Both were products of studio execs that nobody asked for.

A loving Darth Maul origin film would have been better than this, and at least interesting.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

viral spiral posted:

This Han Solo film is shaping up to be the Terminator Genisys version of Star Wars; it's going to be loving horrible (barely showing Ehrenreich's Solo in the trailer for his own film means it's going to be poo poo, sorry guys). I don't know which was more ridiculous and forced: Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, or this Ehrenreich fella as Han Solo. Both were products of studio execs that nobody asked for.

A loving Darth Maul origin film would have been better than this, and at least interesting.

Did you see Solo: A Stah Wars Story already?

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

UmOk posted:

Did you see Solo: A Stah Wars Story already?

It's worse than the Phantom Menace, but not as bad as Attack of the Clones. Relax.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
A Darth Maul origin movie would just be Assassin's Creed with lightsabers so---y'know, loving rad.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally saw the trailer. I don't think this dude's got it.

I mean, it's super hard to find people with natural charisma like Harrison Ford used to have. Maybe Chris Pratt? But he's already tied to two other huge franchises.

Basically, Don Glover for Han Solo.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

PostNouveau posted:

like Harrison Ford used to have

:mmmhmm:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Still firmly believe Ansel Elgort would have been a better yung Solo. Edgar Wright probably should have directed the movie too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

teagone posted:

Still firmly believe Ansel Elgort would have been a better yung Solo. Edgar Wright probably should have directed the movie too.

So you're saying you just want Solo Driver, with Harrelson instead of Spacey?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

You know that Disney/LFL has had a meeting trying to figure out if they could bribe Harrison to publicly endorse the movie, and whether the garbage scow of cash and replacement airplane parts need to do this would be cost-effective

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

jivjov posted:

So you're saying you just want Solo Driver, with Harrelson instead of Spacey?

Baby Driver: Space Edition would have been dope. So yeah, basically.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

teagone posted:

Baby Driver: Space Edition would have been dope. So yeah, basically.

All the diegetic music would be replaced by the greatest Jizz wailing from the galaxy far far away.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

They should make a new movie purely about space battles because modern CGI with Star Destroyers etc. is cool as gently caress. The Battle of Scarif was so awesome.

Solo trailer looks garbage and I expect it to be as bad as TLJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

jivjov posted:

All the diegetic music would be replaced by the greatest Jizz wailing from the galaxy far far away.

You're making me want to see a movie I know will never exist. Stoooop. :(