Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

gay picnic defence posted:

Plus I doubt it'll be given a cutesy name like 'Adopt-a-Cop and will end up being Operation Darkie Stomper or something

upgrade Constable Care to Judge Care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

GoldStandardConure posted:

upgrade Constable Care to Judge Care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQt0SCuYAo

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mO5Vrto3k

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Why does the ASX blindly follow the DOW?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

why does anyone do anything?

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
So how much do you guys think is being spent on buying comments on News(SMH, Guardian) articles at the moment? It seems as though any political article will have plenty of people rightly calling out this LNP bullshit while a single user is replying to almost all of them either blaming Immigration or the Judiciary. These commenters really keep towing the line of whatever dogwhistle point Dutton etc fire off the week before.

Whilst I understand how hosed the media is in this country what I don't understand is how any community manager look at the same people and doesn't ban them for being a shill. Like how do you look at a comment thread where 60 people post their "This country's hosed" comments and 1 person replies to them all, staying right on LNP message, as not on the the nose?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The LNP have been proven astroturfers for quite some time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Matthew Guy on radio this morning literally saying that cyber bullying isn't real and to walk away or turn off the screen.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
Holy poo poo some real news for once.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-06/ricky-muir-to-stand-for-victorian-parliament/9398152

quote:

Ricky Muir, the knockabout former Victorian senator, is on the brink of a political comeback with a tilt at State Parliament at the November election.

The ABC understands the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party (SFFP) are set to announce Mr Muir as a party candidate for the November 24 election, most likely in marginal Morwell which is not far from his Gippsland home, in the coming weeks.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

If you wanted a real answer to this The Graun has you covered. The reasons are the same worldwide.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/960639275527106560

Lol at a current affair
'I want to cause serious damage': Why Melbourne militia is arming up
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/02/05/15/48/melbourne-militia-taking-on-crime

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Careful, we don't want to give Matthew Guy more ideas

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

finally Victoria does something good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Back at Joe’s property, he tells us his favourite movie is Wolf Creek, as he pulls one of his modified arrows from a mannequin he practices on.

“You can see what damage it's going to do to a human.” He says.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Back at Joe’s property, he tells us his favourite movie is Wolf Creek, as he pulls one of his modified arrows from a mannequin he practices on.

“You can see what damage it's going to do to a human.” He says.

wow Hockey has really taken a sharp turn after becoming US ambassador

true leftist
Feb 1, 2018

by zen death robot
joe hockey's favourite movie is yellow submarine (1968)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Check your privilege investment properties.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Ret General and LNP Senator in unrepentant racist shock:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/molan-refuses-to-apologise-for-sharing-britain-first-videos/9399470

quote:

Molan refuses to apologise for sharing video from UK far-right group Britain First Tuesday 6 February 2018 8:06AM (view full episode)

Parliament's newest Senator is already making waves and he was only sworn in less than 24 hours ago. Jim Molan, a retired Major General and now a Liberal Senator, is making no apologies for posting anti-Muslim videos on social media, which Labor has branded "racist". A conservative hardliner Jim Molan is also muscling up for what could be another bruising battle over Liberal Party reform at this weekend's make-or-break meeting of the New South Wales State Council.

My favourite part is the one where he disputes that one of the videos is a proven fake. The only rational reform for the LNP would be Jonestown style.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
IMO let them eat themself. 2016 already proved we're not going to follow the US down the shitter, and that dog whistles, not overt racism and bigotry are how to get the swing voters in your camp.

Let the Libs keep scrambling to win the votes of people who're already voting for them (either primary or via 1st preferences from PHON/AC); they're alienating moderate conservatives, little l liberals and uncommitted swing voters as they go, and if they keep it up, I think they will ultimately wipe out the meagre 2PP gains Turnbull has managed to claw back over the past 6 months.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ABC plans to send entire book collection to Samoa to save money
Move to make space for IT division comes as board meets to discuss opposition to dismantling of sound and reference libraries

The ABC is planning to break up its historic music and reference libraries and making 10 librarians redundant to free up floor space and save on wages.
A last-ditch attempt to prevent the dismantling of the ABC’s sound and reference libraries will be made at a board meeting on Thursday as it emerged that management is planning to send its entire book collection to Samoa.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/06/abc-plans-to-send-entire-book-collection-to-samoa-to-save-money

what the gently caress

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Move to make space for IT division comes as board meets to discuss opposition to dismantling of sound and reference libraries

The ABC is planning to break up its historic music and reference libraries and making 10 librarians redundant to free up floor space and save on wages.
A last-ditch attempt to prevent the dismantling of the ABC’s sound and reference libraries will be made at a board meeting on Thursday as it emerged that management is planning to send its entire book collection to Samoa.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/feb/06/abc-plans-to-send-entire-book-collection-to-samoa-to-save-money

what the gently caress

new management are neolib fuckheads

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Working as intended.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Before Times posted:

new management are neolib fuckheads

They literally aren't allocated enough budget. They had to sell their Melbourne studio...

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it’s cool that the reason we lack primary documents about the ancient and medieval eras is because barbarians burned down or looted libraries and monasteries, and the reason we’ll lack primary sources is because we threw them into the sea to make room for a bunch of web developers

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
:nms:

https://twitter.com/noplain/status/960676430831955970

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Synthbuttrange posted:

what the gently caress

can't the NLA or National Archives take them? (I'm sure those orgs haven't had their funding gutted!) Storing magnetic, vinyl, and paper media in a tropical island climate is a stupid decision.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

Mr Chips posted:

can't the NLA or National Archives take them? (I'm sure those orgs haven't had their funding gutted!) Storing magnetic, vinyl, and paper media in a tropical island climate is a stupid decision.

We have a National Film & Sound Archive for precisely this reason. I understand ABC wants to sell for profit their collections, and NFSA just doesn't have the budget (or probably even space) to do that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gently caress you.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Caleb Bond wonders why ladies fall asleep during foreplay

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

bandaid.friend posted:

Caleb Bond wonders why sex

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

an IPA shill posted:

Today is history. Today will be remembered. Years from now the young will ask with wonder about this day. Today is history and you are part of it. Eighty years ago when elsewhere they were footing the blame for the Yellow Peril, John Curtin the Great – so called – told the lefties they could have a broadcasting medium. They came. They trundled their belongings into the radio stations. They started a network. They went into television. They talked about business, science, education, the arts. They started with nothing. Nothing. And they flourished. For eight decades there has been an Australian public broadcaster. Think about that. By this evening those eight decades are a rumour. They never happened. Today is history.

If they can't force their cultural BS on us they can destroy our access to our own culture. So it is with all tyrants.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

:allbuttons:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

The only language these people understand is revolution. I've done my part. I've mailed a dozen turds last week. Now you must do yours.

Please stop shitposting.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I was going to loving kill myself today but after seeing that I realised there are people out there who deserve to die more than me

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hooman posted:

Please stop shitposting.

:five:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Sludge Tank posted:

I was going to loving kill myself today but after seeing that I realised there are people out there who deserve to die more than me

It's tough. I long for the cold embrace of oblivion myself. Just remember there are people who will miss you and suffer if you die. I've used Lifeline chat in the past to bail myself out and I think you can get six pretty cheap shrink appointments a year if your despair is ongoing.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Matthew Guy on radio this morning literally saying that cyber bullying isn't real and to walk away or turn off the screen.
A bold statement from someone who's Twitter account blocks people at the drop of a hat.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

pm just confirmed in question time that it’s ok to be racist if you were in the army killing muslims, which is an interesting position to take but i respect his decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

BBJoey posted:

pm just confirmed in question time that it’s ok to be racist if you were in the army killing muslims, which is an interesting position to take but i respect his decision
AUW TRUPS commie musi lover!

• Locked thread