Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Gronk wants his brain damage to come from alcohol instead of concussions.

I think that's reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Loss edits are getting esoteric...

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Australian calling the strip sack at 1:54 is amazing:

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/the-tom-brady-strip-sack-as-called-by-announcers-from-1822718984

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Was that new Cloverfield any good?

/edit:

Or was it on some level with the last one with John Goodman? That one was a pretty okay watch

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 5, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:lol: the loving German commentators going nuts and then saying "The loving whole game, nothing happens, AND THEN"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just got picked up from a subcontractor to full contractor with the company that owns NMCI! Woo!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:

Or was it on some level with the last one with John Goodman? That one was a pretty okay watch

it was okay but kinda felt like a shittier and campier event horizon so if you've a choice watch that instead

Not bad though. and Elizabeth Debicki is hot af too which helps

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol the German and Japanese radio quality made me think WW2 for some reason

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:

10 Cloverfield Lane is a lot better. This new one felt like several different genres colliding into one. It was alright.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

GIP right here

I can already hear the vehement “I’m staying on windows 7 and that’s that” posts

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm about 20 minutes into the maple syrup cartel episode of Dirty Money, and loving :lol:

I'm fully expecting this to somehow get really dark after this opening...but...this opening :lol:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Just got picked up from a subcontractor to full contractor with the company that owns NMCI! Woo!

Congrats on now having anyone you know or work with either sharpening knives or ranting at you when you speak.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Is 10 cloverfield lane good stand alone or do I have to make arch the whole series?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Congrats on now having anyone you know or work with either sharpening knives or ranting at you when you speak.

Seriously! Thank god I work on the network physical side in the shipyards and not with end users in offices.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Soulex posted:

Is 10 cloverfield lane good stand alone or do I have to make arch the whole series?

Completely fine on it’s own. Although OG Cloverfield is a pretty great monster movie.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i liked windows 7 more than i do windows 10.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
After I spent half a day stripping out a ton of things when I first got 10, I prefer it over 7. I switched like two years ago?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

and here...we....go

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Windows ME till I die

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I wish I hadn't upgraded my desktop to Windows 10. It's a frustrating piece of poo poo that fights me tooth and nail when I try to fix its fuckups.

Every other computer I own runs some form of Linux and it's truly amazing how much better an experience that is. It used to be just one of them, but now I've switched all but the desktop. Good riddance.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

win 10 is fine

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Windows 10 is great if you either a) buy something powerful enough it doesn't really care about a few dumb windows store apps eating a few MB of memory (which is most computers these days) and also don't care about occasional dumb windows store ads, or b), buy windows 10 pro so you can use GPOs to turn all that poo poo off

New cloverfield is entirely unconnected to old cloverfield for the most part

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I think at least half of the annoyances of windows 10 comes if you link to an actual Microsoft account instead of just having a local only log in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Windows 7 is better.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

win 10 is fine

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I use iOS because I edit a lot. It’s inconvenient at times but I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that bullshit with windows popping up all the time telling me to upgrade.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

win 10 is fine

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Operating system chat: who gives a gently caress unless you're using a weird-rear end OS like FreeBSD or BeOS or PLATO like the hardcore cypherpunks from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113243
featuring bomb-rear end tits & the 1st mrs & mr angelina jolie.

Germany is on another "final round of talks" to get a agreement so one party can vote yes/no so a coalition government can be finally be formed.
Nobody wants to work with the CDU(Merkel party), and the CDU doesn't want to give up control(even though it lost voters/government seats in the 2017 elections harder than the Patriots lost yesterday).
I predict at least 1 more Volkswagen scandal coming out before Germany finally gets a noncaretaker government in place.....something involving radioactive materials "accidently" used in VW/Audi/Porsche car interiors

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lemme know when VW starts cutting prices on GTIs

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was reading about the VW scandal the other day, and there was one part (admittedly the big part) that cracked me up

So Daimler created Blutec, which is basically saying "gently caress you" to trying to tame down diesel emissions at the engine, and instead chemically treating the mild nuclear breeze that comes out of the motor with a urea based solution. Bunch of other manufacturers were like "holy poo poo, this is really good and works and we can have our diesels run like the clappers AND get environmental subsidies HELL YES SIGN US UP". About half of the VW executives said "yes we should just pay the licensing fees and not bother making our own". The other half said "no we can totally come up with our own technology within a couple of months don't worry about it". History has told us who won that argument.

And their new technology was lies. There research and development was cheating and lies and up to 40 times the nitrous oxides into the atmosphere than legally allowed.

Just the pure loving balls of it is just lol.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I love how you can tell the exact moment they realize that A-Brady's in trouble and B-the ball came out.

Also, I Laughed Out Loud (LOL) at work this morning when I got an email about an NMCI customer satisfaction survey. That was pretty cathartic to fill out, even though I know nobody will read it.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

win 10 is fine

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 6, 2018

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Yup VW is full of shitbags.
Not surprising given the company's history. German car companies, VW in particular campaigned hard for the "let the car companies self-certify the emissions tests" EU emissions laws.
It's even better when you remember that 20% of the VW master holding company is owned by the german government.

oh yeah....

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 6, 2018

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ4ZJk4lLEI

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Not everyone should try the pixie cut.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
From the TFR airpower thread:

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Hopefully this makes it into one of the Lego Ideas kits like the Saturn V: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a0a7940a-e575-420f-ace5-2b7bd3d962c7

:fap:

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm about 20 minutes into the maple syrup cartel episode of Dirty Money, and loving :lol:

I'm fully expecting this to somehow get really dark after this opening...but...this opening :lol:

I skipped that episode thinking that perhaps they were trolling. I think I will watch it now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not everyone should try the pixie cut.

She was cute as hell at that time period.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

She was insanely cute as hell at that time period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

She was cute as hell at that time period.

She was plenty hot but in my opinion, that haircut was not doing her any favors. She looks far better with it long.