Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

it seems so god drat obvious in retrospect, bravo

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Benny Harvey posted:

Should have changed it to pin number.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Non profit vegan shaming is as fun as it sounds

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I like drunk Chalmers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ex0GU5_uNE

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Microaggression baby goat vibrators is as fun as it sounds? I don't get it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Wow, I cannot believe you stooped so low. She's clearly just pretending to put her hair up.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

drunk chalmers is killing me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hunter2

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

?

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Microaggression baby goat vibrators is as fun as it sounds? I don't get it.

Try using your expiry date instead. Or the CV2 number and start from 2.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Spiritual baby goat vibrators is as fun as it sounds

Old work number: Glitter Beer Speed dating kills anxiety/depression

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The one about your Jewish name has helped me to remember my pin once. I was completely drawing blank, and it was my last try at the ATM, so I googled the image, and it immediately clicked. I might memorise my buzzfeed article, too, just in case the Jewish meme gets removed from the internet due to the anti-Semitic imagery.

You
Oct 6, 2009

Gluten-Free pizza protesting kills baby.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randpop:

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A lot of Simpsons shitposts are simple enough that even not being familiar with at least 20 episodes you can still laugh at the punchline. But

I'm sorry, these are just totally going over my head.

Also I still can't believe that Connect Four box art edits turned out to be so loving funny :allears:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Code Jockey posted:

it seems so god drat obvious in retrospect, bravo

I need some context help, please help

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

RareAcumen posted:

A lot of Simpsons shitposts are simple enough that even not being familiar with at least 20 episodes you can still laugh at the punchline. But

I'm sorry, these are just totally going over my head.

Also I still can't believe that Connect Four box art edits turned out to be so loving funny :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vdtBMG4Kg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ffbVd_ff0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbG1rkTwXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l7zJ7NsFjY

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Karate Bastard posted:

Wow, I cannot believe you stooped so low. She's clearly just pretending to put her hair up.

Well, that is the most accurate method of getting weighed.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Did anyone notice that Tide Bleach had about a million ads in the Super Bowl this year? I think they're trying to buy back some credibility after all the tide-pod memes. Little do they suspect that the internet has forgotten about that already, and now we're back to Simpsons shitposting and Civilization memes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Brewmaster posted:

Did anyone notice that Tide Bleach had about a million ads in the Super Bowl this year? I think they're trying to buy back some credibility after all the tide-pod memes. Little do they suspect that the internet has forgotten about that already, and now we're back to Simpsons shitposting and Civilization memes.

I'm sure the Tide execs loving loved the pod challenge. Free publicity and all they had to do in order to get "responsible, socially minded corporation" cred was say "don't eat laundry detergent".

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'll show them, I'll start using Gain instead!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It still blows my mind that a laundry detergent eating challenge was even a thing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Tide ad campaign was easily the best set of ads I've seen in years

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'll show them, I'll start eating Gain instead!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Brewmaster posted:

Yes that is exactly what happened. You see, a fad popped up on the internet less than a month ago and P&G instantly made dozens of commercials to counter-act that in the blink of an eye because that's how it works.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ferrule posted:

Yes that is exactly what happened. You see, a fad popped up on the internet less than a month ago and P&G instantly made dozens of commercials to counter-act that in the blink of an eye because that's how it works.

That is sort of how it works nowadays

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sheeit their good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The first one is a combination of
1) a scene where vandals at the school have stolen the H emblem from Superintendent Chalmers' new car. He complains that "aw, that's how you know it's a Honda!".
2) a scene where Homer test drives a bizarre Eastern European car at Crazy Vaclav's Place of Automobiles. Among other jokes, when Homer has trouble getting the car to move, the proprietor (Vaclav) implores him to "Put it in H!"

In the image, Chalmers' head has been replaced with Vaclav's. The specific scene in the screenshot is the moment that Chalmers exclaims "My H has been stolen!"

The second one is a combination of
1) a scene where Rainier Wolfcastle (the Simpsons universe's Arnold Schwarzenegger) has been insulted by a movie critic. Wolfcastle threatens to shoot the critic with a machine gun. The critic tells him "hey, McBain (the Schwarzenegger character's name in his most famous series of movies), your shoe's untied!" and runs away. Wolfcastle, portrayed as a dumb meathead, looks down at his shoes for an excessively long time, then eventually concludes "on further inspection, these are loafers."
2) a scene from a Treehouse of Horror episode where Lisa has created a tiny civilization in a Petri dish. The morning she discovers the growth, she initially looks through the microscope and says "hmm, looks about the same." She then looks at the microscope and sees that its magnification is set to 1x. She comments "ah," turns it to 100x, and looks again.

In the image, Lisa's head has been replaced with Wolfcastle's, and where she would have seen tiny people, there is instead a pair of loafers. The "loafers" line is inserted as the new punchline.

e: I was slightly wrong about the second one. It's not from one of the McBain movies, but is actually the fictional character who portrays McBain parodying himself by stomping down the street with an M-16, solving his problems with bullets. I've updated the reference accordingly.

That level of joke layering is why the show is so ripe for these mash-up shitposts, btw

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Feb 5, 2018

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

It still blows my mind that a laundry detergent eating challenge was even a thing.

it wasn't

but then the news breathlessly reported on it for weeks, so then it was

someone should start a jenkem panic again

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sagebrush posted:

The first one is a combination of
1) a scene where vandals at the school have stolen the H emblem from Superintendent Chalmers' new car. He complains that "aw, that's how you know it's a Honda!"
2) a scene where Homer test drives a bizarre Eastern European car at Crazy Vaclav's Place of Automobiles. Among other jokes, when Homer has trouble getting the car to move, the proprietor (Vaclav) implores him to "Put it in H!"

In the image, Chalmers' head has been replaced with Vaclav's.

The second one is a combination of
1) a scene from a McBain (the Simpsons universe's Arnold Schwarzenegger) film where the titular character is tricked by a crook. The villain tells him "hey, McBain, your shoe's untied!" McBain looks down at his shoes for an excessively long time, then eventually concludes "on further inspection, these are loafers."
2) a scene from a Treehouse of Horror episode where Lisa has created a tiny civilization in a Petri dish. The morning she discovers the growth, she initially looks through the microscope and says "hmm, looks about the same." She then looks at the microscope and sees that its magnification is set to 1x. She comments "ah," turns it to 100x, and looks again.

In the image, Lisa's head has been replaced with McBain's, and where she would have seen tiny people, there is instead a pair of loafers. The "loafers" line is inserted as the new punchline.

Thank.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sagebrush posted:

1) a scene from a McBain (the Simpsons universe's Arnold Schwarzenegger) film where the titular character is tricked by a crook. The villain tells him "hey, McBain, your shoe's untied!" McBain looks down at his shoes for an excessively long time, then eventually concludes "on further inspection, these are loafers."

It's actually from a scene of Wolfcastle being sassed by Jay Sherman and, upon realizing that sass had ocurred, threatened violence. Sherman distracts Wolfcastle by pointing out his shoes, prompting the response "From here they appear to be tied, but I will go in for a closer look." Jay Sherman scampers off immediately, and Wolfcastle stares at his shoes while the background transitions to nighttime, before comically concluding that he has been wearing loafers.

You buffoon, you absolute moron.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And so we learn that we all laugh at Simpsons memes not because we all understand and appreciate the humor at all levels, but because we have fooled ourselves into thinking we do.

N'glayvin

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's actually from a scene of Wolfcastle being sassed by Jay Sherman and, upon realizing that sass had ocurred, threatened violence. Sherman distracts Wolfcastle by pointing out his shoes, prompting the response "From here they appear to be tied, but I will go in for a closer look." Jay Sherman scampers off immediately, and Wolfcastle stares at his shoes while the background transitions to nighttime, before comically concluding that he has been wearing loafers.

You buffoon, you absolute moron.

I really hope he got fired for that blunder

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

sandoz posted:

it wasn't

but then the news breathlessly reported on it for weeks, so then it was

someone should start a jenkem panic again
It was unironically like the joke from Clone High where an anti-drug speaker jokes about smoking raisins and soon all the kids are doing it seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B-X0wk41xo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sorry I can't parse this one. Click, clock, clunt, cluck... Clone? Wut.