Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
hEy gUisE Da tHrEad tItlE iS alMoSt rElaVenT aGAin!!!!1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
bitcoin's back baby

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

AARO posted:

mockingspongebob.jpg?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

When it hits 6k ban all the bitcoin cheerleaders until it's 6k again.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

AARO posted:

you've been probated 3 times for getting mad about bitcoins hehe

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How do I convert my 401k to buttcoin? Is there some way I can just give coinbase my vanguard password?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
My god, the just will not let it die. Every single time it starts going down theres a huge volume of trades that pump it back up again. It just keeps fluctuating between 7200 and 7000, back and forth, over and over again. This is loving nuts.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bert Roberge posted:

Bancoin

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Every thousand dollars Bitcoin shucks off gets me closer to an affordable graphics card. I want it fold completely. I didn't care about Bitcoin at all and now I actively hate it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My god, the just will not let it die. Every single time it starts going down theres a huge volume of trades that pump it back up again. It just keeps fluctuating between 7200 and 7000, back and forth, over and over again. This is loving nuts.
that's a common pattern, especially after large moves in price

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Untrustable posted:

Every thousand dollars Bitcoin shucks off gets me closer to an affordable graphics card. I want it fold completely. I didn't care about Bitcoin at all and now I actively hate it.

That and the stupendous amounts of electricity it uses.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Untrustable posted:

Are there no people getting out of bitcoin selling cheap used graphics cards?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I think we are going to 4k before it starts going back up. But really, putting any money in crypto right now is just gambling. No one has any idea whats going to happen.

AARO fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 5, 2018

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Untrustable posted:

Owned by video gams.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Bert Roberge posted:

Buying a used bitcoin miner GPU is like grabbing a used towel out of the laundry bin in a public gym.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Bert Roberge posted:

but theyve already used up all the triangles

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

AARO posted:

I think we are going to 4k before it starts going back up. But really, putting any money in crypto right now is just gambling. No one has any idea whats going to happen.

Putting any money in crypto is retarded not gambling

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

veiled boner fuel posted:

How do I convert my 401k to buttcoin? Is there some way I can just give coinbase my vanguard password?

i know you're joking but honestly, if coinbase offered this you know some dumb motherfuckers would do it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fallows posted:

Putting any money in crypto is retarded not gambling

It's like playing a poker game where the house took a big cut of every hand and there was a good chance of bandits kicking down the door and stealing the whole pot but zero sum besides that.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I feel the only thing missing from this is 'dead cat bounce' and the fact that Jamie has already changed his mind, anyway please enjoy

I pity anyone who needs the 'bitcoin 20k' square because they are definitely not going to win

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Bip Roberts posted:

It's like playing a poker game where the house took a big cut of every hand and there was a good chance of bandits kicking down the door and stealing the whole pot but zero sum besides that.

Illegalhomegame.txt

E: https://www.google.com/amp/denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/01/bizarre-poker-game-robbery-boulder/amp/

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

testimony from the Senate hearing on cryptocurrencies:

https://www.banking.senate.gov/publ...ding-commission

the chairmen of the SEC and CFTC were witnesses

i haven't read it all but here's the conclusion from the CFTC Chairman:

quote:

We are entering a new digital era in world financial markets. As we saw with the
development of the Internet, we cannot put the technology genie back in the bottle. Virtual
currencies mark a paradigm shift in how we think about payments, traditional financial
processes, and engaging in economic activity. Ignoring these developments will not make them
go away, nor is it a responsible regulatory response. The evolution of these assets, their
volatility, and the interest they attract from a rising global millennial population demand serious
examination.

With the proper balance of sound policy, regulatory oversight and private sector
innovation, new technologies will allow American markets to evolve in responsible ways and
continue to grow our economy and increase prosperity. This hearing is an important part of
finding that balance.
doesn't sound cataclysmic for the crypto space

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Former DILF posted:

but theyve already used up all the triangles

There are probably a few triangles left.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I cleaned out the remainder of my crypto position. I was hoping to hold longer until I could take capital gains but I don't think this poo poo will be worth anything by May.

Either way, I netted a little less than $20,000 on $2k invested.

gently caress zuarg.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Anything else I would expect to fall back to around where it was stable (~$4k) but BTC is inherently worthless so I would expect it to settle lower than that.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Good job don't forget to put aside like a third of that for the taxman

lowtax has those medical bills coming up you really should help out

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I cleaned out the remainder of my crypto position. I was hoping to hold longer until I could take capital gains but I don't think this poo poo will be worth anything by May.

gently caress zuarg.

Nice job goon. I got lucky too.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Wait AARO, you sold your sure thing Cardano? You were advising other people to hold theirs for the vast riches that were sure to come.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

Please.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Wait AARO, you sold your sure thing Cardano? You were advising other people to hold theirs for the vast riches that were sure to come.

Yea I sold when it was $1.27

Might buy bwck in if btc stabilizes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inept posted:

you've been probated 3 times for getting mad about bitcoins hehe

That’s some...rap sheet.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
what's the damage boys

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Isn’t that how you play this game?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

Isn’t that how you play this game?

If you look in the altcoin thread I started advising people to sell 3 weeks ago.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

gently caress zuarg.

Same i invested about 420 bucks a while ago and am walking away with nearly 69k today

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Fallows posted:

Same i invested about 420 bucks a while ago and am walking away with nearly 69k today

samr

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Fallows posted:

Why don't you HODL for a lambo?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AARO posted:

If you look in the altcoin thread I started advising people to sell 3 weeks ago.

Lol nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Fallows posted:

Same dude I invested $911 and now I have $8675309