Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Iron Banner is kind of funny in these last days. Everybody's desperate and trying to punch everybody else to finish up their chest armor ornament, and it's sort of gotten fun again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

texaholic posted:

You should try out better devils, the hand cannon version of nameless midnight. I use a masterwork one with reload speed + ophidian's on my warlock and it is so snappy and fun to use.

I have a 335 Better Devils that I keep hearing great things about, but can't get used to Hand Cannons just yet. I'll keep trying I guess. Playing Iron Banner yesterday dropped a MW Better Devils as well. However in Crucible, I love my Uriels with Actium War Rig, I seem to win most battles with it easily. I don't even use my Kinetic in Crucible.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Iron Banner is kind of funny in these last days. Everybody's desperate and trying to punch everybody else to finish up their chest armor ornament, and it's sort of gotten fun again.

I know right!! I love the shoot shoot, sprint and punch. I've had some fist fights only with people.....it's awesome.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

77 percent :negative:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Warframe is hella fun, guys

Recommended for people bored with D2, like being a crazy space ninja, like absurd complexity, and want to do PvE until your legs stop working because you've been sitting for 20 hours

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Boywunda posted:

I have a 335 Better Devils that I keep hearing great things about, but can't get used to Hand Cannons just yet. I'll keep trying I guess. Playing Iron Banner yesterday dropped a MW Better Devils as well. However in Crucible, I love my Uriels with Actium War Rig, I seem to win most battles with it easily. I don't even use my Kinetic in Crucible

Try Sunshot, too. That and Better Devils are gonna be some of the more satisfying shootin' irons available right now.
Crimson is fun for reasons, but not as much as Sunshot imo

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MW exotics in all slots when?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mikey-San posted:

Recommended for people bored with D2, like being a crazy space ninja, like absurd complexity, and want to do PvE until your legs stop working because you've been sitting for 20 hours

Nioh is also fuckin' great.

And they fixed it so you can coop with your bros now!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

90!

Someone's earlier post of using lucky raspberry and shock pulse grenades on hunter was good.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Chilichimp posted:

Nioh is also fuckin' great.

And they fixed it so you can coop with your bros now!

Yeah Nioh is a bit like a Souls game with emphasis on less clunky combat (pve only though). I also love the swappable stances that tweak which weapons are good at different distances.
I've had some cool intense moments where after running out of stamina a dude and I circle each other swapping how we hold our swords, just like in a samurai movie.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I play Monster Hunter with people so I can become enamored with how much more polish Bungie applies to UX

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

I play Monster Hunter with people so I can become enamored with how much more polish Bungie applies to UX

I think the monster Hunter UI doesn't make sense to us baka gaijin so I can't tell if it's bad or good but I sure got tired of confirming every single thing

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Monster Hunter UI is textbook Japanese menu overcomplication. I loving hated the menus in Final Fantasy 15 for this very reason. They even look the same and make the same dumb noises.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Waffle House posted:

Try Sunshot, too. That and Better Devils are gonna be some of the more satisfying shootin' irons available right now.
Crimson is fun for reasons, but not as much as Sunshot imo

Living Memory, the vanguard HC, is also very, very good. I have replaced my Better Devils with it.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

runwiled posted:

Living Memory, the vanguard HC, is also very, very good. I have replaced my Better Devils with it.

Really?! I kinda gave it a pass at first, I'll have to try mine out.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

AwkwardKnob posted:

Monster Hunter UI is textbook Japanese menu overcomplication. I loving hated the menus in Final Fantasy 15 for this very reason. They even look the same and make the same dumb noises.

My personal CONSPIRACY THEORY is that the Japanese government influences game development, making video games as sadistic as possible so their menfolk will rejoin society instead of living in the digital world.

Unfortunately, this has had the side effect of their shut in nerds doubling down on living in the digital world.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
D2 Dev on the crucible Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/7uiug3/after_march_27th_iron_banner_will_be_6v6/dtlmaj5/

quote:

We designed the maps, originally, for 6v6.

In the last 6 or so months of development we retrofitted and resized them modestly to better accommodate the late switch to 4v4.

But still, the maps on average are still ever so slightly larger than the average D1 release map.

They play well for 6v6.

Lolololololol

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I am going to die laughing if all the maps become slightly larger and expanded if it goes 6v6.

I mean a literal "resize everything."

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I can't even imagine the levels of finger pointing going on at Bungie right now

6v6 guys be like

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
fuckin' finally...

Jesus that chest ornament was a whore. It took about twice as many matches to unlock the chest ornament as the head. I was playing for nothing but that ornament and it still took me like 30 more games over 3 days.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

fuckin' finally...

Jesus that chest ornament was a whore. It took about twice as many matches to unlock the chest ornament as the head. I was playing for nothing but that ornament and it still took me like 30 more games over 3 days.

:gitgud:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should make it 5v5

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Make it 8v8 and I will revel in the BTB chaos.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
6v9

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wazzit posted:

Make it 8v8 and I will revel in the BTB chaos.

Hoping for Warthog at some point, HTH

e:

I had not seen this before, it has some good flat stats for a GL. Threat Detector isn't my favorite, but it's pretty beefy:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 5, 2018

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Reddit user posted:

Can you comment on why it was changed from 6v6 to 4v4?

Bungie dev posted:

I think Lars Bakken would be the best person to answer that. But I’ll try to represent my best.

The design team was operating under some high level direction to make the game more about teamwork, coordination, and to slow down the frenetic pace of the game with the goal of making engagements more understandable and create a more competitive feel.

They saw 4v4 as an important step toward those goals. There was a lot of debate and discussion around this effort, and I believe there still is, but that’s the way the chips fell.

I prefer 6v6 and the frenetic, lone wolf insanity of D1, but I’m a map designer/artist and that’s what I am responsible for in the end. Destiny is better at making me feel like a weaponized space-wizard with a gun* than a counterstike soldier with jump boots. I like my destiny crazy ;)

People guessing Esports fuckery were right. What a gently caress-up. Twice in a row they screwed up with major changes late in the development cycle.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUNKOS posted:

People guessing Esports fuckery were right. What a gently caress-up. Twice in a row they screwed up with major changes late in the development cycle.

I don't think that was a guess, I'm pretty sure that was specifically stated at some point that they were going harder on E-Sports. Judging by how Overwatch is doing with that, I don't think it's something they should really focus a lot on imo.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

FLIP THE 6v6 SWITCH YOU DOG FUCKERS

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
from the people that brought you lovely tiny vaults, comes the next sensation: space wizard, but with less space and less wizard

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

quote:

We designed the maps, originally, for 6v6.

In the last 6 or so months of development we retrofitted and resized them modestly to better accommodate the late switch to 4v4.

But still, the maps on average are still ever so slightly larger than the average D1 release map.

They play well for 6v6.

*grabs x, y, z axes*
*scales down each map by exactly 7%*

Alright, 4v4.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Waffle House posted:

*grabs x, y, z axes*
*scales down each map by exactly 7%*

Alright, 4v4.

I think they forgot to do this with a couple of maps

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mikey-San posted:

I've really got into it a couple of times, and there's a LOT to like, but after a while there ends up feeling like there's something shallow about it, in spite of all the complexity and amount of content. Plus some aspects of the game still feels janky, like the Archwing combat.

And if after D2 you want your endgame to be about more than just fashion, I have some bad news for you about Warframe

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

I've really got into it a couple of times, and there's a LOT to like, but after a while there ends up feeling like there's something shallow about it, in spite of all the complexity and amount of content. Plus some aspects of the game still feels janky, like the Archwing combat.

And if after D2 you want your endgame to be about more than just fashion, I have some bad news for you about Warframe

See, the thing about warframe is you at least still get to keep your power-fantasy gameplay.

D2, lol nah. ~balance~ and ~meaningful engagements~

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If people are still looking for power fantasy play make sure to check out 50 Shades Freed, in theatres this Thursday.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There was no way a map like Vostok or empires was designed for 4v4. They have about 4 or 5 choke points.

D1 used to feature a lot of battles within battles on maps. You'd get someone pushing a on rusted lands at the same time there as a battle on b.

The 4v4 change was someone trying to be smarter than everyone after the community started having 4v4 tourneys on twitch.

I'm really not going to be surprised if we end up with d1 pvp with slightly less one hit kill grenades and less egregious melee fuckery which is all we wanted in the first place.

The class tuning as is for the most part is pretty right. Hopefully they don't gently caress the balance pass.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
4 nightstalkers with invis walk into a bar

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Warlocks and Titans own me more than any Hunters ever do, no question.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

4 nightstalkers with invis walk into a bar

For the most part...

For the most part

For the most part

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bone Krew has the highest 401k participation rate and best portfolio diversification traits of any major gaming community

Fact

So do we know if 6v6 is going to go away again after IB?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
they said it’s coming back across the board so the IB callout on the roadmap is probably just a test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Need 1 more for an IB stack! PSN: Wazzit