Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

horse mans posted:

Will Ordinator and Morrowloot Ultimate play nice together?

Haven't had any issues with them, along with a ton of other stuff. Most recent playthrough I did the suggested half leveling speed from MLU. Overall not too painful, and if you have any increased experience gain effects they don't feel as ridiculous. Picked up the Ordinator optional file though for perks at 50/75/100 skill level to help pad a bit also.

The new Oghma Infinium from Zimm's Immersive Artifacts also helps a lot of you're going wide. I thought it might be a bit OP with Thunderchild giving extra souls but with the 1/day limit it's really not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

graynull posted:

Haven't had any issues with them, along with a ton of other stuff. Most recent playthrough I did the suggested half leveling speed from MLU. Overall not too painful, and if you have any increased experience gain effects they don't feel as ridiculous. Picked up the Ordinator optional file though for perks at 50/75/100 skill level to help pad a bit also.

The new Oghma Infinium from Zimm's Immersive Artifacts also helps a lot of you're going wide. I thought it might be a bit OP with Thunderchild giving extra souls but with the 1/day limit it's really not bad.

Well that's another mod I need to try out... thanks. :)

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Are there any reccomended dragon mods? I notice Deadly Dragons isn't in the OP anymore, despite another mod's description mentioning it.

Also, are there any quick fixes to disable essential NPCs, or just console commanding each essential flag away?

The Bee fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 1, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Bee posted:

Are there any reccomended dragon mods? I notice Deadly Dragons isn't in the OP anymore, despite another mod's description mentioning it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5518/

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Ironic post

LE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62493
SSE
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8394/

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You seem to have accidentally posted a Monster Hunter screenshot in the Skyrim thread.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That is the very noble dragon they call Fat Dragon tyvm

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can...can you just have a fat dragon? That's neutral? I would install a mod that just places random, non-hostile fat dragons.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ultimate Dragons is good I think. Maybe I'm remembering wrong and it's terrible though, not sure. Thanks for reading my post

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

The Doomhammer posted:

This should actually work fine, it just gives you a warning everytime you load a game (and the mod config menu is borked, have to use the config power) which is... irritating, but it's one of the mods i kinda can't go without now, so i deal with it.

THF13 posted:

Thanks! I've reenabled it and you're right, this mod is great and worth the annoyance.

A bit late to the conversation, but i just followed this guide and fixed the MCM issues.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

That looks like the bastard child of Drogon and Watto from star wars.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Randaconda posted:

Can...can you just have a fat dragon? That's neutral? I would install a mod that just places random, non-hostile fat dragons.

As much as you can have a fat Jaguar. :randno:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I haven't played Skyrim in like two or three years, when the SSE had just come out and like nothing worked with it. I've heard now that there's mods and a working SKSE, and I'm starting to get a hankerin' to play it. So I've got a few random questions, forgive me for not reading like a billion posts for the answers:

1) Is MO still the preferred manager? I've never used anything else but I remember hearing something about the MO developer working for the Nexus or something now?
2) Are most major mods ported over?
3) Do I still have to do all sorts of shenanigans to pray that it doesn't crash? I remember when the cell stabilizer mod came out and it was amazing.
4) Is there anything that used to be considered essential for modding that is not necessary/suggested for SSE?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

MO is still vastly superior to nmm. MO 2.0 is even better and comes with tons of QoL thingies.

NMM has a worse ui, worse file structure, and still installs some things into the game directory rather than creating its own folder. So MO is still the correct choice.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I think most mods are on now, SSE is solid as a rock, and it has fixed shadows by default. go to it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Yeah there's basically no reason to play the non Special Edition at this point. It even looks like SPERG is back, which is the only way to play.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Ass_Burgerer posted:

MO is still vastly superior to nmm. MO 2.0 is even better and comes with tons of QoL thingies.

Like being able to spot conflicts in BSA files?

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
Just getting back into Skyrim since the Special Edition update and I am, for the first time, jumping down the well of trying to mod Skyrim. I'm going through the OP and a few things seem to be incompatible since the SE update, and I'm not sure if they are actually needed as much any more. Are there updated versions of Grimy's Utilities and SkyTweak and are they actually necessary any more?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No, and they were never really necessary, but they were nice.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

No, and they were never really necessary, but they were nice.

Skytweak is really helpful if you wanna slow down leveling a bit and make combat deadlier.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yes, but the uncapper has been ported for the slowing down leveling part.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
Is there anything like dual sheath or shields on back available for SKSE, or is this not possible yet?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3182

It's not exactly ideal, but there you go. Just remember to favorite you're gear.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14505 for a variety of non-vanilla shields.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm not sure if there is a general elder scrolls thread?

I decided to try modding Oblivion again and boy is that still a poo poo show. The horrors I thought I forgotten came coming back. I gave up around the time TES Mod Manager refused to install the darnui and giving an error that said this doesn't work probably but operation completed successfully (it didn't work)

After going down the path of bain conversions I said gently caress it. Maybe Vortex will answer my prayers.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm not sure if there is a general elder scrolls thread?

I decided to try modding Oblivion again and boy is that still a poo poo show. The horrors I thought I forgotten came coming back. I gave up around the time TES Mod Manager refused to install the darnui and giving an error that said this doesn't work probably but operation completed successfully (it didn't work)

After going down the path of bain conversions I said gently caress it. Maybe Vortex will answer my prayers.

We do, it's here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697061

But it's not very active, since obviously the only TES news of late has all been ESO, which gets discussed in the ESO thread.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The general Elder Scrolls thread as linked in the first paragraph of the OP.

Anyhow, Oblivion can be a bitch to mod, but it can look real purty when you get there:

(Also make sure Oblivion and all your mod tools and managers are installed outside of either Program Files folder!)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
drat, I need to give obliv another shot O_O that looks so good.

Do you have images of npcs?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

No, thats from my desktops folder,I deliberately don't have a lot of NPC shots, but I just uce OCO2 which looks a hell of a lot better than vanilla.

Edit: I also replaced all the combat music with boss tracks from Metal Gear Revengance. Having RULES OF NATURE blare as a mucrab waddles over is something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 6, 2018

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only vaguely related to Skyrim, but has anybody tried A Tale of Two Wastelands, the mod that connects Fallout 3 and Fallout NV?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Only vaguely related to Skyrim, but has anybody tried A Tale of Two Wastelands, the mod that connects Fallout 3 and Fallout NV?
There's a still active NV modding thread.

But to answer your question: Yes and I'd say it's the best way to play FO3 these days.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raygereio posted:

There's a still active NV modding thread.

But to answer your question: Yes and I'd say it's the best way to play FO3 these days.

I'm a dumbass. :negative: Thanks

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Randaconda posted:

I'm a dumbass. :negative: Thanks

:randno: You'll find I haunt that thread too. N.O. E.S.C.A.P.E.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Is there anything to fix the jank rear end camera in third person? I can be looking right at an item but I need to look above it and to the left to loot it half the time.

First person makes me nauseous so that's not an answer.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Drythe posted:

Is there anything to fix the jank rear end camera in third person? I can be looking right at an item but I need to look above it and to the left to loot it half the time.

First person makes me nauseous so that's not an answer.

Do you sneak a lot - do you have an archery mod overhaul of somesort installed. How about a HUD overhaul? I believe bow aiming while sneaking was broked by default, and the path of least resistance is offset the sneak reticle so arrows would actually shoot where you point. Obviously works for sneak shooting, but leads to clumsy results when doing anything else.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

hey everybody!

I'm installing a copy of Skyrim: Legendary Edition which I found in a target for $6.99. Never played Skyrim before, hell, the last serious gaming I did was over a decade ago.

So, uh, I'm gonna go read the OP (my ancestors can't say the same, I assume that's a game joke) but any advice on what mods to get and what character to build for maximum game-breaking munchkin style play would be appreciated.

the op is very nicely put together and has most of the info i need, thanks OP

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 6, 2018

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kiggles posted:

Do you sneak a lot - do you have an archery mod overhaul of somesort installed. How about a HUD overhaul? I believe bow aiming while sneaking was broked by default, and the path of least resistance is offset the sneak reticle so arrows would actually shoot where you point. Obviously works for sneak shooting, but leads to clumsy results when doing anything else.

I don't sneak a whole lot but I did install Proper Aiming, I guess that's it.

Smiling Jack posted:

hey everybody!

I'm installing a copy of Skyrim: Legendary Edition which I found in a target for $6.99. Never played Skyrim before, hell, the last serious gaming I did was over a decade ago.

So, uh, I'm gonna go read the OP (my ancestors can't say the same, I assume that's a game joke) but any advice on what mods to get and what character to build for maximum game-breaking munchkin style play would be appreciated.

If you want something game breaking, install thunderchild, ordinator, and summermyst. Go into the speech tree, take the shout talents, get shout enchantments, run around yelling at monsters and kill everything.

Also skyui, the default ui loving blows

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Smiling Jack posted:

hey everybody!

There's a hint in here somewhere -

The three crafting skills all make your character stealth archer better so do those eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like how these descriptions are seemingly written to make lore purists go on "what no, actually..." rants.

I don't mean the stealth archer part, that is 100% fact.