Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

sincx posted:

I think Darling is the probably the wrong anime for certain posters to shove their ideology into, and ADTRW is probably the wrong place to do it.

Please don't turn this forum into NeoGAF.

DisDisDis posted:

don't be a bitch who are these "certain posters"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

sincx posted:

I think Darling is the probably the wrong anime for certain posters to shove their ideology into, and ADTRW is probably the wrong place to do it.

cant believe gays are an ideology now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Getting too political up in here guys

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Excuse me I think you mean resetera

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I'm still trying to figure out what LGBT Seeker of Justice means.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

A1 is perhaps the least likely studio to be putting some sort of political statement in their show. It's unfortunate that the thread has been taken over by posters who keep hoping/insisting that it's nevertheless going to happen.

edit: Before anyone asks, I'm not going to toxx. No internet disagreement is worth $10.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He's the newest toku hero. Or maybe she, who knows.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

sincx posted:

A1 is perhaps the least likely studio to be putting some sort of political statement in their show.

What does this even mean

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The mere mention of homosexuals is inherently political

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

sincx posted:

A1 is perhaps the least likely studio to be putting some sort of political statement in their show. It's unfortunate that the thread has been taken over by posters who keep hoping/insisting that it's nevertheless going to happen.

edit: Before anyone asks, I'm not going to toxx. No internet disagreement is worth $10.

are you suggesting that making a show in 2018 structured around the primacy of the relationship between man and woman without exploring anything outside of that paradigm isn't a political statement

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

sincx posted:

I'm going to ask you to stop posting about other posters, and also to not go on about your opinions on the direction of the thread, thanks.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm going to ask you to stop posting about other posters, and also to not go on about your opinions on the direction of the thread, thanks.

Sure.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sincx posted:

A1 is perhaps the least likely studio to be putting some sort of political statement in their show.

So far we know that the show is about a world ruined by the older generations, where the young are forced to base their entire self worth on their ability to contribute to that society in proscribed ways, to the point that losing your job or breaking up (which are one in the same thing) is tantamount to death.

So yeah I'm not sure where they could find room in that for any sort of political message.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Also can it really be said to "shove" anything into anything when no part of this conversation is going to have any effect on the show itself?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

having opinions is illegal

anyway my take: i doubt this show is going to have a committed gay relationship and lol at the posters who thought the scene with ichigo and that one girl was gay but they'll probably at least play around with the idea just because 'oh no, two girls/two guys have to pilot a mech together' is an easy thing to base an episode around.

also focusing on a-1 as if it's some monolith is weird, why not focus on the actual staff of the actual show instead of some vague corporate entity. both the director and the writer have worked on stuff with at least gay undertones before even if it wasnt exectued in the wokest way ever so idk why you'd say it's some heretofore unfound land for the creators of the show. not that that means its going to happen but its a weird stance to take.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy Goodbody posted:

So far we know that the show is about a world ruined by the older generations

Is that part from interviews or summaries or something? Cause I'm not recalling anything in the show itself that says the world used to be greener/better and hasn't always been this sparse and desolate.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

tsob posted:

Is that part from interviews or summaries or something? Cause I'm not recalling anything in the show itself that says the world used to be greener/better and hasn't always been this sparse and desolate.

Wat, it’s set in Japan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think this thread would have much more compelling discussion if people actually focused on staff and individual shows as the basis for their opinions on the production of this show, instead of acting like a-1 is a giant printing press where mr. a-1 wakes up in the morning and pulls the lever and episode 5 of darling in the franxx pops out, only oh no, mean old mr. trigger spilled some TriggerSauce in the ink and now this show has boob jiggle! its like a childs view of how art is made.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

tsob posted:

It's an assumption I am making

edit: oh yeah skasion is right. It's set in Japan

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Endorph posted:

i think this thread would have much more compelling discussion if people actually focused on staff and individual shows as the basis for their opinions on the production of this show, instead of acting like a-1 is a giant printing press where mr. a-1 wakes up in the morning and pulls the lever and episode 5 of darling in the franxx pops out, only oh no, mean old mr. trigger spilled some TriggerSauce in the ink and now this show has boob jiggle! its like a childs view of how art is made.

Which Shirobako ending theme was this?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
I've already forgotten, did the Anime have this phrasing?

Are code numbers shared?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Which Shirobako ending theme was this?
im pretty sure this is the metaphor aoi envisions when the president is talking about how they made anime before computers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sarcophallus posted:

I've already forgotten, did the Anime have this phrasing?

Are code numbers shared?

I think the meaning there is that he used to have good results, but feels like he's changed now.

Of course it's just a fan translation so trying to read nuance into specific phrasing is just as likely to lead you on some blind alley to nonsense

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

skasion posted:

Wat, it’s set in Japan

Seriously? Wow, industry hit it hard so obviously. Has that been said in show and I just missed it or something?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think the meaning there is that he used to have good results, but feels like he's changed now.

Of course it's just a fan translation so trying to read nuance into specific phrasing is just as likely to lead you on some blind alley to nonsense

You're probably right. Second half of his statement makes more sense that way.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The world be a lot better off if all studios pushed those levers as far as they'll go and broke 'em off, imo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RME
Feb 20, 2012

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

Seriously? Wow, industry hit it hard so obviously. Has that been said in show and I just missed it or something?

On the map in APE’s super meeting dome in ep2(?) where they’re discussing meeting up with the other plantation you can see it shows the (presumably former) coastline pretty clearly. Think there’s a screenshot up thread

skasion fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 6, 2018

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

:wow:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Its over

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Sarcophallus posted:

Are code numbers shared?

Pretty sure they are (since they're some sort of measurement of 'power' rather than actual serial numbers), we just haven't seen any dupes so far. Episode 4 mentions 'the nines' who I assume are an elite unit with at least one 009 or better in each FranXX and most likely there'll be parasites in other plantations we'll never see who share numbers with the cast.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

sincx posted:

At the rate Lowtax and the forums revenue are going, the forums might end up as ontologically sound as NeoGAF before long anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Zark the Damned posted:

Pretty sure they are (since they're some sort of measurement of 'power' rather than actual serial numbers), we just haven't seen any dupes so far. Episode 4 mentions 'the nines' who I assume are an elite unit with at least one 009 or better in each FranXX and most likely there'll be parasites in other plantations we'll never see who share numbers with the cast.

I took it that the nines were the pilots numbered 01 to 09 i.e. the single digits and elite of the elite; with 02 obviously being one and them wanting her to back to them. Not a squad all sharing a number. Which would make identification hard if nothing else, since the pilots are apparently known by their numbers in most instances. If they just called 09 in battle, how would the kids know who they meant within the squad?

• Locked thread