Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
why would you want to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Scarra plays almost exclusively Katarina. He's not GREAT at mechanics, but he's probably got the best third eye and game sense out of most streamers.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Scarra plays almost exclusively Katarina. He's not GREAT at mechanics, but he's probably got the best third eye and game sense out of most streamers.

He stopped playing Kat exclusively a long while ago and has been on a Predator Karthus binge the past few days.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Janna is a crap champ for idiots and I'd recommend playing something fun or interesting instead.

if you max W like a man and also get a dark seal early on you will do lots of damage.

Sexpansion posted:

who's a good Katrina streamer to watch?

I want to get good at the champ but right now I am terrible

I don't know if KatEvolved streams but I'm pretty sure he hit rank 1 at some point.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PFiPVSkPHw

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
KatEvolved and CorruptHope are both Kat one trick streamers

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
sweet thanks all

alex ich apparently plays her some as well

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Sexpansion posted:

who's a good Katrina streamer to watch?

I want to get good at the champ but right now I am terrible

me

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Are the subreddits devoted to mains of that hero reliable at all. I've been reading the Urgot one a bit and a lot of the advice there contradicts the info on op.gg.

Also made level 10 last night, since I haven't been playing as much. Excited to start drafts and learn the pick/ban metagame.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The subredits are... Okay. Better than mobafire at least. You just gotta check the post date of any build on there, anything older that 3 months is usually outdated.

Edit: since you are starting out. Itll be aight. The fact you are reading anything at all puts you above most folks at your level.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The ban metagame is basically ban whatever champion you really don't want to play against, usually in your position. Hence why I ban Shaco when I'm jungling and Twitch when ADCing.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

a lot of the champion focused subreddits are really weird

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radical posted:

a lot of the champion focused subreddits are really weird
the mordekaiser subreddit is the saddest place on earth

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The miss fortune one is just people jerkin off and being weird

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Nightgull posted:

Are the subreddits devoted to mains of that hero reliable at all.

/r/bardmains and /r/zyramains are both pretty solid. The former is mostly just general excitement about Bard, but they host ama's with Masters/Challenger Bard mains from various servers semi-regularly, and those are quite helpful. Mostly they're good for finding specific very good players/savants at the champion to follow (i.e., prof. Melyn (sic?) from zyramains is a high diamond Zyra player who does absurdly in-depth breakdowns of rune-setups etc. for Zyra). I'd say that's more of the value of the subreddits rather than the advice in general.

I still subscribe to /r/rengarmains mostly to rubberneck, poo poo's real sad there. It's just a lot of links to dev posts about rengar and whining.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The miss fortune one is just people jerkin off and being weird

miss fortune miss fortune miss fortune

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the majority of posters in the subreddits are like, 10k+ games talon only players that can't escape silver because they're hyper focused on longswords instead of winning games or whatever

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The only thing I “main” is universal cosmic understanding but I’m sure people who check r/zedmains every day have a lot to teach me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Have you ever stopped to consider just how many longswords go into a full Zed build?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Shortest Path posted:

Have you ever stopped to consider just how many longswords go into a full Zed build?

Anywhere from 9 (4 for Ghostblade, 4 for Duskblade, 1 for Cleaver) to 11 (Both LW items, BoRK and Edge of Night all take 2)

Guardian Angel doesn't have a longsword component (anymore)

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Luna Was Here posted:

miss fortune miss fortune miss fortune

I played against a Miss Fortune up top last night and killed her a lot. Once, after dragging her to a grinding doom, Urgot mumbled, "Finally, you live up to your name." I enjoyed that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Maintenance for 8.3 was announced for this Wednesday. Nothing really crazy in this patch aside from reworked Swain and Kog eating a sizeable nerf to his W (from 7% to 5% at max rank). Magical Footwear and Biscuits swapped positions in Inspiration, so you gotta pick either Footwear or Stopwatch, and Stopwatch's gold contribution towards items was reduced. I still think Stopwatch should have a longer arming time, but I'll take what I can get.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no matter how nerfed you make it stopwatchi s always going to be picked by most pros because in a low-kill game being able to deny people an early game kill is huge. the only viable nerf for it is to make it a keystone imo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

no matter how nerfed you make it stopwatchi s always going to be picked by most pros because in a low-kill game being able to deny people an early game kill is huge. the only viable nerf for it is to make it a keystone imo.

Sure, but lengthening the arming time means that there's more opportunity for early plays. As it is right now, you've got maybe 30 seconds in a standard solo lane between you hitting level 6 and Stopwatch arming, which makes level 6 all-ins vastly less impactful. In bot, Stopwatch is already armed by the time you hit 6, which means you're usually looking at getting a good engage at least twice to tease out both Stopwatch and summs before you can get a kill.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
A powerful statement, but just an opinion. Zhonyas is not picked every game, and neither is Bard. It's a tool that can be played around, it's just a bit too strong at the moment because it still lets you save 600 bucks on your way to an item AND gives you the ability.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Most people will take stopwatch and biscuits now and games will become ever more about early game picks, so playing lane champions with some kind of sustain will be stronger than before because they don't need to take the biscuits at all

Boots 1 aren't really that important on most but getting them for free because you don't need the biscuits will be good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its curtains for Kevin posted:

A powerful statement, but just an opinion. Zhonyas is not picked every game, and neither is Bard. It's a tool that can be played around, it's just a bit too strong at the moment because it still lets you save 600 bucks on your way to an item AND gives you the ability.
A 3300 gold item and a Champion are way more investment than a single mastery, and both of them can only activate in the early mid game at the earliest. I don't think that's really an accurate comparison.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Endorph posted:

A 3300 gold item and a Champion are way more investment than a single mastery, and both of them can only activate in the early mid game at the earliest. I don't think that's really an accurate comparison.

It's not, it's comically dense

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Stopwatch's sin is that it distorts the tempo of the game in a weird way by providing a level of safety that's normally unavailable to a whole slew of champions very early in the game. Like, if I'm playing Zyra at level 6 and manage to full combo an ADC in season 7, they're probably either dead or blowing summs. If I'm playing Zyra at level 6 and manage to full combo an ADC in season 8, they're Stopwatching it, and I have to full combo them again just to get their summs. This might seem minor, but it's the difference between, "I blew both of the ADC's summs, come down and gank them so we can get turret/dragon/whatever," and, "I blew the ADC's Stopwatch, come down and gank them in two minutes when my ult's up to get their summs, and then come gank them again after it's up again so we can get turret/dragon/whatever." There's a reason why Braum and TK shot up in popularity almost overnight: kill pressure is low enough that it's rarely worth trying to play a purely aggressive support like Leona or Karma when you can play a disengage champ and wait for midgame where the probability of Stopwatch being blown and summs being forced at the same time is much higher.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 6, 2018

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
How many times should you have to blow people up before it counts for real

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
What would you think if they had reduced the duration of the stasis of the Perfect Timing stopwatch from 2.5 seconds to, for instance, 1 second? Champs that want an item that builds from it would still have incentive to build it, since it's still essentially free gold and reduces the cool down of the final item, without being so attractive to champs that just want it as a free gank escape.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
How do you play vlad? I still can't get a handle on him.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Taciturn Tactician posted:

How do you play vlad? I still can't get a handle on him.

You take Unsealed Spellbook, farm, use Crimson Rush to zone, wait for your one-and-a-half item spike (usually Protobelt + Guise) and then start annihilating anyone dumb enough to 1v1 you. Spellbook lets you Flash -> R -> Proto -> Q -> E -> Ignite an obnoxious number of times per game, and you can swap for TP and passively farm even if you end up in a bad matchup. Vlad isn't great until he gets some CDR under his belt, but after he does, he becomes a god until the 4+ item mark.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I mean it's no sheen

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Happy to be able to spam Jinx to Gold once again with my stellar 68% win rate. What's my secret? We either win early and the game is over at 20 (which never happens) so really more commonly we all lose lane and I have to perform cognitive behavioral therapy on my entire team in order for them to not surrender so I can 1v5 late game. Anyway, that's my story.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The ADC mindset: Man, these guys are useless feeders. Better make sure this game lasts until I have six items so I can carry!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That's how it works though

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Crazy Larry posted:

What would you think if they had reduced the duration of the stasis of the Perfect Timing stopwatch from 2.5 seconds to, for instance, 1 second? Champs that want an item that builds from it would still have incentive to build it, since it's still essentially free gold and reduces the cool down of the final item, without being so attractive to champs that just want it as a free gank escape.

1 second would let you dodge an ult/killing blow and give the enemy less time to group up around while you're in stasis. They need to delete it, proplay is boring as poo poo thanks to it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I mean, my preferred solution at this point is "scrap it," but if you gotta keep it, make it relevant later or give it a short window (2-3 minutes) where its active can actually be used in order to force people to use it for an outplay then. At least I could play Lux during the Ardent meta and make poo poo happen before 15 minutes, as opposed to the current state of the game, where it's Tahm Kench and Braum having a staring contest until their ADCs finish their one-item spike.

Japex
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If you're a masochist play Soraka and watch as your teammates run away from you when they're low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Finally won one