Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

The Glumslinger posted:

4% is more than 20%

Huh

The new talking point is that the stock market is down by a trillion dollars, but the crypto market is only down by 500 billion dollars so obviously stocks are doing worse :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

The Glumslinger posted:

4% is more than 20%

Huh

I suppose you could argue that the stock market's 4% is worth way more.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the hodlers are fighting back!

and they are defeated. did not take long at all. price swing of 1.5% both ways in under a minute? bitcoin

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Fanatic posted:

you could, it would be an irrelevant argument but yes, you could and no one can stop you

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fanatic posted:

More than crypto??? Do you even know how a blockchain works?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Most of the Tether buy orders in the USDT/USD pair on Kraken have been pulled.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

How much of a brokebrained loving imbecile do you have to be in order to earnestly believe that cryptocurrency is the future and any minute now the world's financial systems will implode and pave the way for bitcoin supremacy?

The whole thing is a moronic, juvenile power fantasy dreamed up by worthless, useless nerds who desperately, desperately want to be the neo-robber-baron overlords of a cyberpunk dystopia.

Some fuckin' school shooter-rear end delusions of grandeur going on or something.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i deserve to be a billionaire for that week i left the computer running 24/7 and you should use your money to make that a reality

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hailthefish posted:

How much of a brokebrained loving imbecile do you have to be in order to earnestly believe that cryptocurrency is the future and any minute now the world's financial systems will implode and pave the way for bitcoin supremacy?

The whole thing is a moronic, juvenile power fantasy dreamed up by worthless, useless nerds who desperately, desperately want to be the neo-robber-baron overlords of a cyberpunk dystopia.

Some fuckin' school shooter-rear end delusions of grandeur going on or something.

Welcome.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
The one thing that I have learned by watching this bitcoin crash in real time is that I will never, ever stop cumming.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/938938539282190337

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

you could, it would be an irrelevant argument but yes, you could and no one can stop you

Redditters are trying, and it's hilarious. :D

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the new mathematics

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I'm astounded Tether has so far withstood all this. That's some serious wizardry.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Fanatic posted:

I'm astounded Tether has so far withstanded all this. That's some serious wizardry.

So far it's just trading of monopoly money on exchanges, no one has started pulling USD out in mass. You will need an event like a major exchange getting hacked or some major regulation to cause at least a minor bank run. That would really test how real all this tether bullshit is.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hailthefish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObKrAx5qd6k

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Rad Russian posted:

So far it's just trading of monopoly money on exchanges, no one has started pulling USD out in mass. You will need an event like a major exchange getting hacked or some major regulation to cause at least a minor bank run. This would really test how real all this tether is.

If the crashing crypto prices aren’t evidence of people pulling out enmasse then what are they?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

gary oldmans diary posted:

price swing of 1.5% both ways in under a minute? bitcoin

txt me.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

For whatever reason, my brain doesn't see the name until after I read a tweet. I absolutely recommend training your mind to do the same for moments like this.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Is this true??

Yes it is true

This man has no dick

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Virtue posted:

If the crashing crypto prices aren’t evidence of people pulling out enmasse then what are they?

To a point. But I'm sure a lot of people sell BTC and then sit on a balance of USD/Tether on the exchange waiting to buy back in or trade into alt coins. I mean I'm sure if Bitcoin really hits $3000 level or so that would indicate a major withdrawal of money form exchanges as well. Wouldn't be surprised if all withdrawals magically stop at that point so HODLers will literally be left holding the bag - even if they bought their Bitcoins for $1 they will get $0.

Also these dumbass exchanges take weeks to process large withdrawals so when Tether goes pop, it might take a while for us to find out. Maybe it already did, like a dead star that we still see in the night sky.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 6, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Gave the truebelievers a few hours to adjust to $6500.

quote:

KryptoKarensi - Today at 9:23 PM
It has nothing to do with news, regulations and other stupid excuses. It is 100 % market manipulation and we have all been scammed.
ThePerlerPony - Today at 9:24 PM
Anyone thinking China will save us after their New Years?
JerryLi - Today at 9:24 PM
U watch too many Hollywood movies
China is a single party state, not superman
ThePerlerPony - Today at 9:25 PM
I’m just saying, the Chinese population as a whole has a lot of buying power and a growing middle class.
They make markets move.
KryptoKarensi - Today at 9:25 PM
So dont blame it on regulators or news because that is exactly what the scammers want you to think. Be realistic and honest to yourself and acknowledge you just got ripped off and scammed
JerryLi - Today at 9:25 PM
Blame Jewish media
And global elites like buffett
Baelus Auredius Maximus - Today at 9:27 PM
everyone knows the rothschild's own crypto
Squirrels - Today at 9:30 PM
Any answers you get are pure guesses
Baelus Auredius Maximus - Today at 9:30 PM
pure guesses? or based on TA
educated guess > pure guess
shoom5 - Today at 9:32 PM
Anybody get me my money back please? I'm tired of being so poor cause of these dips(edited)
Gazorpazorp - Today at 9:34 PM
As long as 1 btc = 1 btc, its worth buying. A fiat currency like USD can be worth whatever They say it is, hence fiat. 1 USD might not be 1 USD tomorrow!
1 btc will ALWAYS be 1 btc because it's not fiat!
ThePerlerPony - Today at 9:35 PM
B-but 1 BTC might not be worth 1 BTC tomorrow...
Gazorpazorp - Today at 9:35 PM
1 btc will ALWAYS be 1 btc because it's not fiat!
ThePerlerPony - Today at 9:37 PM
Whelp, I guess I’m glad this chat isn’t suicidal
Gazorpazorp - Today at 9:38 PM
If you sell your btc during this "incident" you may as well put all your money into rope
ThePerlerPony - Today at 9:39 PM
I wonder if the crash being this bad is partially our fault for continuing to wait instead of buying
sloopy - Today at 9:39 PM
Anyone in here been single for longer than 5 years?
Goofa - Today at 9:39 PM
my whole life bro
JerryLi - Today at 9:43 PM
I was gonna be a crypto millionaire
But I got greedy
Jacky - Today at 9:47 PM
bitcoin recovered many times over many years the chances of it dying now is like 1 out of 10
90% to become rich i will take it

This is some maudlin poo poo. I feel like an alien secretly observing a less evolved civilization or something.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Thread title won't be true by end of tonight
(it'll be less)

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
Tonight's a bit different, seems like nothing's working. It just hit below 6400$ now. Even it climbs a little bit, it drops under certain levels an hour later max.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

abigserve posted:

I think you overestimate people who don't understand what they are investing in
I think you over estimate the number of average joes who have a significant amount of their savings in this crap.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

VictorianQueerLit posted:

This is some maudlin poo poo. I feel like an alien secretly observing a less evolved civilization or something.

Tis good poo poo, keep up the periodic updates.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VictorianQueerLit posted:

"You watch to many movies... Blame Jewish media."

Where is this? I promise not to touch.

Toilet Terror
Aug 5, 2006
Swirlie
Hey, I'm the 1btc=1btc lunatic in that chatlog.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
In defense of reddit the crypto community there is basically entirely fake, ran by shills part of the larger scam. Any reasonable post will get down voted to nothing while HODL memes get auto voted to top. The crypto scam version of Correct the Record.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Harveygod posted:

"You watch to many movies... Blame Jewish media."

Where is this? I promise not to touch.

https://discord.gg/cryptocurrency

I've been lurking it since December. You can't really touch the poop because they have mods all over the place 24/7 who instantly ban anyone for making fun of cryptos.

The trading chat is the most active I think, and I'm waiting for $6,000 to be broken.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Alpha Mayo posted:

In defense of reddit the crypto community there is basically entirely fake, ran by shills part of the larger scam. Any reasonable post will get down voted to nothing while HODL memes get auto voted to top. The crypto scam version of Correct the Record.

reminder that thermos runs both /r/bitcoin AND bitcointalk, so pretty much all of the 'reputable' discussion on bitcoin occurs on thermos-run properties. he and the mining pool leaders are the most powerful people in bitcoin.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

slidebite posted:

I think you over estimate the number of average joes who have a significant amount of their savings in this crap.

A lot of people who don't know anything about technology invest in technology companies, not to mention all the publicly listed companies selling themselves on their ~blockchain~ technology.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
bitcoin down 66.6% since the downturn began :drac:
at least its not the stock market though. i hear that thing is doing really bad

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Down 21.23% over the last 24 hours lol.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Hello 62XX.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

We've just hit 62xx.

TO THE MOON!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
mattress savings & loan is up vs bitcoin

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I knew from first glance that bitcoin was too volatile to ever warrant my commitment. That would just be too much on me. 500 bux disappearing in a matter of minutes? Nuh uh.

But I am following it now precisely because I am not involved. It's beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieces
Jan 25, 2011

ballistics statistics posted:

We've just hit 62xx.

TO THE MOON!

seems more appropriate