Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningStone
Jun 3, 2011
They hit on somebody who doesn’t like them, then somebody they don’t like hits on them. It’s the great cycle of pickups.

And then lobsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

While I assume the reason Atlus localized Futaba's code name as Oracle was due to her role as support/looking out for the team in combat, the parallels between her and post-Killing Joke/pre-New 52 Barbara Gordon are hilariously similar. Barbara had her own massive computer system (much like Futaba's own system) set up so she could be the eyes and ears for many in the DC Universe and was always counted on as a valuable ally to many heroes. Oh, and the obvious character design (redhead with glasses) similarities are there too. I think that probably the big difference between Barbara and Futaba is that the former never really became as big of a shut-in as the latter did. Barbara had a support network to help her become accustomed to life in a wheelchair, while Sojiro was paralyzed about how to approach raising Futaba and never really reached out for help.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Really as long as Futaba doesn’t take two to the spine Atlus shouldn’t get sued.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

C. Everett Koop posted:

Really as long as Futaba doesn’t take two to the spine Atlus shouldn’t get sued.

Maaku in the most touristy getup he can find knocks on Futaba's door.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

They call the Metaverse Navigator "Nav." It would be confusing to have a "Navi" to go with it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Don't stare, Futaba. It's rude.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Arist posted:

#Millennials’s popularity is still going strong. Merchandise of them has even been produced, and sales have been very good due to their appeal. With their popularity still rising, this Phantom Thieves boom will continue for a while yet.

This is something that's bugged the hell out of me ever since I played this game - exactly what kind of merchandise are we talking about here? I mean, nobody knows who the Phantom Thieves are, or presumably what they look like... all the public really has to go on at the moment is the logo on the calling cards.

So seriously, how the gently caress do you spin that into a profitable merchandising boom?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
This reminds me of how the Batman and Robin movie would advertise toys for outfits that the characters never wore.

So, something like that, I guess? Just slap the logo on it and it's official merchandise!

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

W.T. Fits posted:

This is something that's bugged the hell out of me ever since I played this game - exactly what kind of merchandise are we talking about here? I mean, nobody knows who the Phantom Thieves are, or presumably what they look like... all the public really has to go on at the moment is the logo on the calling cards.

So seriously, how the gently caress do you spin that into a profitable merchandising boom?

same way Calvin Peeing on poo poo became so widespread, despite Watterson never giving any permission for licensing.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

same way Calvin Peeing on poo poo became so widespread, despite Watterson never giving any permission for licensing.

The trendiest window cling and bumper sticker in Tokyo.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

W.T. Fits posted:

The logo is pretty rad and people have seen that, it looks sort of like a demon in a top hat so extrapolate from there.

So they're selling artist imaginings of the Phantom Thieves based on just the Logo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mishima's probably the one making all the merch and using the money to buy airsoft guns.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

There is also Phantom Thieves branded healing items you can pick up when they're popular, the main one being the phantom thieves wafer that heals 50hp and heals any status effect.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

W.T. Fits posted:

Slap the logo on a bunch of teenage stuff and give it a red/black colour scheme along with quotes from their calling cards? You could probably get a pretty good haul with backpacks, pencil cases, erasers, pens, notebooks, skateboards etc. Not necessarily figurines for kids.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

"Phantom Thieves are popular so now everyone's selling #Millennials fidget spinners" is my favorite arc in the game, because it's too real.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

At first I thought the game was actually being decent by skipping the painful pick-up scenes, but then we got to that terrible homophobic joke and I almost lost my appetite there.

And I gotta admit, Yusuke's slowly growing on me with the lobster scene. Shine on, you crazy bastard. :3:

Oxxidation posted:

Also yeah, as obnoxious as Morgana can be, Ryuji’s taunts start to cross a line here and it’s unpleasant. For multiple reasons.

Can we switch Ryuji for the lobster? It would probably make a better teammate.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Gruckles posted:

The trendiest window cling and bumper sticker in Tokyo.

:perfect:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Considering just how much of a cocky rear end in a top hat Morgana can be, it is kind of nice to see him taken down a peg.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Half the people on that subplot always seem to forget how much Morgana shits on Ryuji from the start when he explains basic concepts of Metaverse and flashy thievery.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I remember Morgana being a little poo poo and was never on board with it. But it'd be great if Ryuji stopped doing dumb poo poo that made Morgana sound right to pick at him all the time.

He's STILL openly calling them the Phantom Thieves in public despite being caught about it, what, three times now?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ryuji's an idiot but he tries hard and is a good friend, meanwhile Morgana has been a huge douche to everyone who isn't Ann since the start.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is it time for romance? :getin:
We should vote.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Ryuji's an idiot but he tries hard and is a good friend, meanwhile Morgana has been a huge douche to everyone who isn't Ann since the start.

He's a cat. Comes with the territory.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Since the LP started I got the game myself and have been trying to catch up. Ryuji does so much stupid poo poo that Morgana dumping on him reflects my attitude.

Everyone is earnest and tries hard, but man did the writers pile the moments where someone shoots off their mouth or is an idiot on Ryuji. Yosuke does it too, but as with this lobster moment it comes off as detached from reality so it's some what charming at times.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Grouchio posted:

Is it time for romance? :getin:
We should v-
Makoto

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

:emptyquote:

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
But we haven't seen all the candidates yet! There's still the last party member, right?

And no, it's not spoilers. She's in the pre-title screen movie along with everyone else.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In the interest of absolute fairness we're going to wait for everyone to be introduced first, which is actually a huge pain in the rear end for me because I can't rank up a lot of Confidants until we decide.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Does Sojiro get mad if you romance Futaba? :allears:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I will get mad if you romance Futaba

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I will also get mad if I romance Futaba, don't worry

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Arist posted:

In the interest of absolute fairness we're going to wait for everyone to be introduced first, which is actually a huge pain in the rear end for me because I can't rank up a lot of Confidants until we decide.

we're all gonna vote for the lobsters might as well go with that

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

we're all gonna vote for the lobsters might as well go with that

I also vote that we assist the lobsters with teaming up with Futaba. Just imagine, crustacean code cracking!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Let's just replace Ryuji and Mona with the lobsters. Then we can safeguard our identities and stay up late!

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Arist posted:

You could do an elimination vote to get rid of an option or two so that you could at least progress those Confidants

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That'd be a fine idea, but we're past the point where it'd be the most relevant, I've already recorded a few in-game weeks in advance, and also it doesn't really fit into my plans.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if he would. He seems like the kind of guy that would pay attention to his surrogate daughter falling in love and supporting her. But he also seems like the kind of guy who would let exactly no one know he feels that way.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have a feeling that regardless of romance, Sojiro will almost certainly be a third wheel for Futaba's Confidant. Hopefully, neither Confidant has a roadblock that requires the other Confidant to be at a certain rank before proceeding.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Edit: I didn't say much, but deleted just in case this was a spoiler.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmZFAAHelQ