Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Kinda funny they didnt want to add guns but quite frankly ive indiscriminately murdered dozens of bonesharks, sandsharks, stalkers and the repulsion cannon launches things a hundred meters.

As for cyclops energy draw still havent figured oit why its so high and yes i do have the 300% mod in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

How badly did I sequence break by looking up the code to the Captain's quarters in the Aurora after I had opened up everything else? I was just being lazy and wanted to avoid having to remember to come back to the Aurora to open one locked door.

None at all. The real time sink is curing the disease and building the rocket

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Can you put dual grapples on the PRAWN and swing around spiderman style?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

priznat posted:

Can you put dual grapples on the PRAWN and swing around spiderman style?

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDs5eJ8bUc

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That’s awesome :haw:

Love the dual hook slingshot move.

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011
After visiting the dunes I have gone from 0 time capsules to 4. Guess my game decided to put all of them here.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

that's a shame. I like the game's soundtrack.

never meet your heroes because they're probably alt righters
Seems things are in such a damage control panic spiral that even links to the subnautica wiki are being hit by the auto link removal filters on the steam forums right now. Just saw a link to the Auroua page get auto removed for example.

Somehow, it just puts an extra sad little twist on the whole PR scandal :sigh:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Last bit of the game kinda falls flat for me. Running around caves constantly going back for dumb cubes and a fabricator is nowhere near as fun as exploring new biomes and base-building.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Elendil004 posted:

Last bit of the game kinda falls flat for me. Running around caves constantly going back for dumb cubes and a fabricator is nowhere near as fun as exploring new biomes and base-building.
The fetch quest can be a bit of a sudden slog, yeah. But as for Cubes? If you mean the Ion cubes, the Ion drill node in the containment facility main hall respawns. Not that anything tells you this. (Or did they remove that perk? I haven't even bothered drilling that thing in quite a while).

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nullEntityRNG posted:

None at all. The real time sink is curing the disease and building the rocket

Awesome. I got the transmission necessary for it after a few more minutes of exploration, anyway, which totally vindicates my decision.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
They should really unlock the captain's quarters automatically instead of making new players backtrack for it. Or play the transmission whenever you reach the prawn bay.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

They should really unlock the captain's quarters automatically instead of making new players backtrack for it. Or play the transmission whenever you reach the prawn bay.
At least one of the radio message triggers is hard coded to be an unmissable plot point. 5 hours after the Sunbeam is shot down. Not so much essentially optional not needed to actually beat the game Visit the disease research lab

...Man. Why the gently caress can't we build a portable radio?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Yo, this eliminates pop-in, but the impact on performance is severe. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279642367

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Section Z posted:

The fetch quest can be a bit of a sudden slog, yeah. But as for Cubes? If you mean the Ion cubes, the Ion drill node in the containment facility main hall respawns. Not that anything tells you this. (Or did they remove that perk? I haven't even bothered drilling that thing in quite a while).

It still respawns, quite quickly in fact, and it's mentioned in the scan text that the machine around it is a "fabricator" that is a "limitless form of energy." So it's only said indirectly, but the thing is big and spinny and colorful, so it's hard to miss.

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009
A mod to pull resources from nearby containers: https://gist.github.com/HexiDave/436fb5cac57c170e8633c07e1ce4d7f5

I haven't tested it extensively, but so far:
- Pulls from any storage container within 100m
- Works with Fabricators and the crafting station on the Cyclops
- Pulls from the player inventory last
- The blueprint items light up correctly, but the tooltips aren't correct- that's just because I didn't want to patch multiple classes until a mod manager of sorts is setup

I didn't change much of the game's logic, so it shouldn't have too many side effects. Let me know if there are any severe performance or stability problems.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsWtG0oqS1Y

HexiDave fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 6, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:captainpop:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

HexiDave posted:

A mod to pull resources from nearby containers: https://gist.github.com/HexiDave/436fb5cac57c170e8633c07e1ce4d7f5

- The blueprint items light up correctly, but the tooltips aren't correct- that's just because I didn't want to patch multiple classes until a mod manager of sorts is setup

I didn't change much of the game's logic, so it shouldn't have too many side effects. Let me know if there are any severe performance or stability problems.

Edit:

Can I add this to my nexus compilation mod for anime titty posters?

thanks

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dammit I just need one stalker tooth to build the Cyclops but the game isn’t cooperating, spent 20 minutes playing metal salvage fetch with a stalker and nada. :sigh:

I remember this being pretty annoying in early access too.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Scanner room can highlight teeth :ssh:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Scanner room can highlight teeth :ssh:

Yup got one this way but even max range not getting any.. perhaps need to try in another region but the one I’m using has a few creepvine/stalker areas. Oh well next play session should get one!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

priznat posted:

Yup got one this way but even max range not getting any.. perhaps need to try in another region but the one I’m using has a few creepvine/stalker areas. Oh well next play session should get one!

iirc the scanner room won't show materials until you have passed through the area. so go for a swim through those kelp forests and then go back. Chances are there'll be stalker teeth on the scanner

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So I got grabbed by a worm in the cavern with all the giant glowing mushrooms, and the damaged/abandoned base. I got stuck in the geometry and drowned. I swam back, and then found out my Seamoth had *also* been shoved into the geometry, deep underneath it.

Is there someway to get it out? Is there like a no clip code? Am I just kinda screwed and have to build another seamoth and get used to seeing two beacons for seamoths?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

E-Tank posted:

get used to seeing two beacons for seamoths?

You can modify and hide beacons on one of the tabs in the PDA, should work for vehicles as well (haven't checked).

For instance, I make my above-surface beacons (various locations on the islands) red to make them distinct from the regular ones.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

HexiDave posted:

Edit:

Seems to work fine. Other than the somewhat slower functionality of the crafting thing, which might be due to having the cyclops close to my base and it looking at 12 or 13 containers for the items.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Google Butt posted:

Yo, this eliminates pop-in, but the impact on performance is severe. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279642367

Modders fixed the game for them. Perfect. (Or will do once they've worked on it a bit apparently)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Aww gently caress yeah.

Now make one that automatically crafts the intermediate components if you have the base materials. :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Holy loving poo poo, at this rate we'll have 4 man co-op in the next six months.

uXs posted:

Aww gently caress yeah.

Now make one that automatically crafts the intermediate components if you have the base materials. :v:
I always forget Hydrochloric acid is used for literally nothing but "And now turn it into Polyanaline" until I'm reading through my entire blueprints list trying to remember why I needed deep shrooms.

At least blood oil vines look cool, and it's used for TWO things.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 6, 2018

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I just started and I found two escape pods? I haven't figured out how to make a base yet. I want to though because one pod was in a cool place with a giant swimming reef monster I want to somehow tame if that's possible. What exactly should I be doing?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So I just started and I found two escape pods? I haven't figured out how to make a base yet. I want to though because one pod was in a cool place with a giant swimming reef monster I want to somehow tame if that's possible. What exactly should I be doing?

Try to make all the tools available in your lifepod. The habitat builder is what lets you make bases, but you also want to use the repair tool to fix your pod and activate its radio.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Nuebot posted:

Yeah follow the above advice and start making tools. I think the scanner is the easiest and maybe most important since it lets you unlock more blueprints. A base isn't a bad idea either because you will quickly run out of inventory space. A simple corridor with a hatch is enough to be able to build lockers

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else just rip the cameras off of their scanner rooms and throw them away? Because Stalkers keep coming around and stealing them, and it's super annoying.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

QuantaStarFire posted:

Did anyone else just rip the cameras off of their scanner rooms and throw them away? Because Stalkers keep coming around and stealing them, and it's super annoying.

I just turned off the pings and let them go, though that's probably a better idea in the long run.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Pleased that the dev team trimmed the fat. One of the best decisions they’ve made.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

QuantaStarFire posted:

A stalker came to steal them and keep hanging around my base. I gave him 3 metal scraps to play with and I now have a stalker teeth farm.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

just turn off their beacons and let them, it helps get more teeth.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zesty posted:

Pleased that the dev team trimmed the fat. One of the best decisions they’ve made.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, people should be held accountable for their varying degrees of terrible views and spouting them to an audience. But firing the Lead Sound Designer on a game universally lauded for its stellar sound design is not "trimming the fat". It's a huuuugge blow.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah the dog whistle noise in particular is really distinctive and noticeable

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Dongattack posted:

Don't get me wrong, people should be held accountable for their varying degrees of terrible views and spouting them to an audience. But firing the Lead Sound Designer on a game universally lauded for its stellar sound design is not "trimming the fat". It's a huuuugge blow.

The game is released and the industry isn’t hurting for people looking to move up.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah the dog whistle noise in particular is really distinctive and noticeable

who knew those leviathans were screeching racial epithets

and i'm pretty sure the bonesharks liked to yammer about :biotruths:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Dongattack posted:

I mean, did you hear those leviathan roars? It's just saying "get off our planet, illegal immigrant trash".
At least it does to all the brokebrains complaining the game was not made by 100% organic, vegan, gluten free liberals.