Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I'm done skilling my MH dudes and I have thirty odd 6* mats still taking up space (and probably will have some more before the week is done since I'm farming for the jewels). I'll take anything in exchange since they're otherwise gonna get sold. Whoever it was that wanted a Glav Fang, don't worry I got one favorited so I don't toss it by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
The upcoming Lunar New Year event looks pretty fun - we get three days of a special Challenge Dungeon that gives a Snow Globe per clear, followed by four days of dungeons with guaranteed Skill Delay Resist Tama invades. Plus, given the name, odds are we should be getting the New Years REM as well.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Valentine's REM revealed with an insanely good farmable assist. :eyepop: Some decent cards as well but nothing really worth chasing except for waifu factor.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I wound up with an extra mizutsune claw - anybody need done?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I feel like I made a mistake taking Diara over my Xiu Min Evo mat but I don't know.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

isndl posted:

I'm done skilling my MH dudes and I have thirty odd 6* mats still taking up space (and probably will have some more before the week is done since I'm farming for the jewels). I'll take anything in exchange since they're otherwise gonna get sold. Whoever it was that wanted a Glav Fang, don't worry I got one favorited so I don't toss it by accident.

Pretty much same, I have a ton of extra 6* mats on my main and my alt if anyone needs them.

Evo mats, super kings, etc.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

I'm pretty new to this game and I've run into my first major obstacle. I've cleared all of the normal dungeons that are available to me except the final floor of starlight sanctuary: king of the gods. If I manage to make it through the two bosses prior to him Zeus destroys me.

I just set up a profile on puzzledragonx.com: here's my collection

Comments on the dungeon suggest using an Odin as leader, which I don't have. On my best attempts I used my Sonia as lead, my Oichi, Ganesha, Mistletein, and Oda Nobunaga, and a friend's Hunt God of the Holy Bow, Artemis. I usually make it to Zeus with that, but get blown up in a couple turns. I just got Hera but haven't leveled or evolved her. She'll probably be good for this?

I feel like I'm kind of at a wall with this game because along with being stuck on Zeus, the only technical dungeons I haven't cleared (of the ones available to me) are Mechdragon's Massive Fortress and Mythic Stone Dragon Cave, but I haven't even bothered with those because the stamina cost is so high.

What should I be doing with this game now?

E: fixed the url

Family Values fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 4, 2018

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I can see your profile for some reason. Friend a guy with Yog-Sototh. That alone should get your through everything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that link doesn't work for me and I'm not sure which sonia you're using (there are a lot), but I can tell you that misteltein and oichi would oneshot zeus easily if you ran them as your leads instead. probably nobunaga too. keep in mind that most of the builds/comments for that stuff is about as old as the content itself and more recent monsters are a lot stronger. odin might have been what you needed then but not so much now

something you gotta realize about leader skills is that their effects are multiplicative. red sonia gives you x2.5 attack and rcv for devil cards, which becomes x6.25 with dual sonia leads because you multiply them together. oichi, on the other hand, gives you x4 for wood attribute and x4 and damage reduction for matching two or more wood combos. that means a solo oichi lead is giving you x16 attack (already more than twice as good as sonia) and using a friend oichi balloons that multiplier out to x256

also once you get past that section of tech dungeons, the stamina cost will go back down. idk why those are still so costly but it is annoying for sure

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Family Values posted:

I'm pretty new to this game and I've run into my first major obstacle. I've cleared all of the normal dungeons that are available to me except the final floor of starlight sanctuary: king of the gods. If I manage to make it through the two bosses prior to him Zeus destroys me.

Comments on the dungeon suggest using an Odin as leader, which I don't have. On my best attempts I used my Sonia as lead, my Oichi, Ganesha, Mistletein, and Oda Nobunaga, and a friend's Hunt God of the Holy Bow, Artemis. I usually make it to Zeus with that, but get blown up in a couple turns. I just got Hera but haven't leveled or evolved her. She'll probably be good for this?

I feel like I'm kind of at a wall with this game because along with being stuck on Zeus, the only technical dungeons I haven't cleared (of the ones available to me) are Mechdragon's Massive Fortress and Mythic Stone Dragon Cave, but I haven't even bothered with those because the stamina cost is so high.

idk what resources you're consulting but it sounds like you're reading guides that are years out of date

this one is more up to date
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTe0RFt3wNHjFTdehvaGqHyQZUdOizKDxpdRGhd4GN8eXWvYMBno6ZsNoyZoz26h7lNyBU_IvXW0gvP/pub

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

I stopped playing about 2 years ago, and feel like coming back. Looks like my game data is still around. I'm assume no reason to start over right? Any good place to look up what's changed since I last played?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

gninjagnome posted:

I stopped playing about 2 years ago, and feel like coming back. Looks like my game data is still around. I'm assume no reason to start over right? Any good place to look up what's changed since I last played?

Just jump in. Everything's changed, it's a different game: multiplayer, activated latents, 100x multipliers are common, monthly quests, ridiculous monster point rewards, on and on.
What hasn't changed:
Hoard your stones for godfests, still get disappointed :toot:

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Ok, I'll give it a shot. if anyone want to add me as a friend... 305 051 245.

Also, any advice on what I should be working on team wise? My PADHerder looks reasonably up to date https://www.padherder.com/user/Keroo/.

gninjagnome fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 4, 2018

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't have him so it's hard for me to tell what kinda team you should make considering your box, but your best lead is anubis for sure. get him reincarnated (make awoken anubis, level him to max, and evolve him again) and friend some diablos players

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

ok, cool. I was primarily playing blue before (Andromeda, Saravasti), so if I wanted to go back in that direction later, who should I be keeping an eye out leader wise?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you should have gotten a free male hunter in the mail from the monster hunter collab. make him the mizutsune x gear evolution (collab ends today tho so you might have to rely on trading to evolve him). he's only really good in mp but he's a blue combo lead that you have immediate access to. he's also still considered a top tier lead

tho both he and anubis can use w/e color subs you want since they just want combos and don't care about anything else

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I know that I really just need to git gud,
But gently caress LLuci and his stupid bullshit

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Family Values posted:

E: fixed the url

After reviewing your profile, I say post your ID and get a Diablos or Bastet friend. Use Bastet (work on getting her to Awoken), Green Sonia, Oichi, Mistelstein, Oda/Ganesha. With 3 board changers, you should be okay on Zeus. If you bring Ganesha, he can enhance the board. Of course, this is if the skills are up by then. With Monster Hunter almost over, I hope you made the B/B Hunter guy. He's one of, if not the best, friend leaders.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a list of useful subs when using Eschamali as a leader? I ended up making a dark team with her as a leader simply for a change, despite my dark options being terrible. I've just been using Gremory, Haku, Pandora and one of the machine dragons (I forget the name but it had rows and turned the first row into dark so that seemed useful).

I'm not sure what I'm going to use this team for (I'm just using the "new" Urd as a main at the moment since it's pretty reliable) but have to say that dealing 1.5mil damage with just one dark row feels nice.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Why aren't you using Gremory as a leader?

Also, you can buy Yomi Dragon and evolve it using the February Quest Dungeon.

isndl
May 2, 2012

ChikoDemono posted:

Why aren't you using Gremory as a leader?

Also, you can buy Yomi Dragon and evolve it using the February Quest Dungeon.

Crosses are hard :downs: and he has too many heartbreaker actives it seems.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Did one final MH roll last night before bed and nailed a second Amatsu. Wish I could have gotten one of the other 7* but hey I can't complain I guess.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

SweetJahasus posted:

Did one final MH roll last night before bed and nailed a second Amatsu. Wish I could have gotten one of the other 7* but hey I can't complain I guess.
Nergigante has been aces on my Anublos team. Killer Active, with a FUP.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
I threw a few packs at the MH REM hoping for some of the new 7* stuff. I didn't get anything new, but now I have 4 copies of Amatsu and 3 copies of Diablos.

As always, if anyone want a Diablos friend, I have him up all the time: 355,176,208

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Got the Valentines Sheen for my free roll on JP

Not even gonna courtesy roll because I don't think my luck can get any better than that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

woah, latent slots are gonna default to 6 in jp after their next update. existing latent tamas will be changed to gold tamas and sell for 10k mp/10 million coins

nifty. looking forward to that hitting na since I'm too lazy to farm for those things anyway

isndl
May 2, 2012
Once again my laziness pays dividends. :confuoot:

poo poo, I don't want to sell these 297 ones though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they already sell for 10k mp so it's just the coins that got buffed. may as well just keep/feed them imo

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Are any of the MP dragons still worth buying? I already have a Shivadra that I've evolved up with all the free festival mats.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Are any of the MP dragons still worth buying? I already have a Shivadra that I've evolved up with all the free festival mats.

Make a UVO Odin Dragon if you don't already have one (the one with the 7c). It's super super super good and very useful and great and is very good and I love him.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea either get odin dragon or save your mp to see what the next thing they add is

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I'm so out of the loop. Last time I heard Odin Dragon mentioned it was always followed by lots of lols.

What sort of stuff doe s he get used for nowadays?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Adolf Glitter posted:

I'm so out of the loop. Last time I heard Odin Dragon mentioned it was always followed by lots of lols.

Personally I use him on my Yuna/Diablos team as a low-cooldown bind+awakening cleanse since I have a bindable leader and a couple of bindable subs. With teams like that, an awakening bind (looking at you Linthia you bitch) really just destroys your team.

I'll situationally switch him out for something with 2x 7c or something, but usually I leave him in because he's not half bad just himself.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Adolf Glitter posted:

Mostly as the top bind-clearing sub in the game - particularly awoken bind clears, which are incredibly annoying and also everywhere in endgame dungeons.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Adolf Glitter posted:

He's unbindable and completely eliminates team binds and awakening binds. Awakenings binds are the bane of my existence, so I like him a lot. I'll never use him as a lead, but between his skill, stats, and awakenings, he's an insanely good sub.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Cool, thanks all.
I was looking at his bad version. Good one looks good indeed. Shame the Gaia Dragon is in that 4 second dungeon this month. gently caress that thing, egh.
Got Shiva and Nep Dragons updated to their newest versions though. Not that they get used much. Or ever in Neptune's case.

OdinDra would be pretty good on my Yuna/Diablos as mentioned, but tbh, I should try and stop using that team for everything.

Did the limit break thing on my recent Anubis today to remind me to make an effort with him (teamed with Diablos as I'm bad). Oh, and even extra latent (time extend) 14.8 seconds move time, lol

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I suck and I managed to beat the 4 second dungeon on the first try.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
On the subject of MP cards, I’ve got Dath, Odindra, Radra, and heradra , all get used situationally, but now I’ve got another 300k to spend. Are any of the Noble ones worth getting with the buffs coming soon (or are they already here)?
If not is Ragdra worth the purchase if it’s not gonna be part of a gimmick Ragdra team?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Mill Village posted:

I suck and I managed to beat the 4 second dungeon on the first try.

Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I love this quest dungeon this month. "Hey, here, this will save you literally thousands of stamina and millions of xp and worlds of annoyance!"