Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I am sitting on 13k lapis and no real desire to use it other than recharges.

This has been set in stone by Roselia x3, Ruffles x2, Eight and Trey. I haven’t pulled in a while so it would appear I have to slog through trash to get anything of worth.

I also am not looking forward to farming these 90NRG for ~18 power...

hagie fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

hagie posted:

So I am sitting on 13k lapis and no real desire to use it other than recharges.

This has been set in stone by Roselia x3, Ruffles x2, Eight and Trey. I haven’t pulled in a while so it would appear I have to slog through trash to get anything of worth.

I also am not looking forward to farming these 90NRG for ~18 power...

Same, I'm almost up to 30k lapis and I haven't even been doing dailies on this banner due to how trash it is

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Don't forget the cheeky free daily summon they tossed in on the 2nd page with out really making any kind of big deal about it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Other than, you know, a notification specifically about it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

There's a story?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ubiquitus posted:

Same, I'm almost up to 30k lapis and I haven't even been doing dailies on this banner due to how trash it is

You mean the banner with a single 5* who’s the top magic finisher and has amazing utility?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

And what was the math for "on banner" 5*s? Isn't it less than 1%?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

And what was the math for "on banner" 5*s? Isn't it less than 1%?

With a single rainbow banner 1.5%

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

BDawg posted:

You mean the banner with a single 5* who’s the top magic finisher and has amazing utility?

Could have sworn the most common talking point in this thread is usually "don't chase rainbows", for the exact reason that the on banner rate is so hideously low

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 4, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

With a single rainbow banner 1.5%

Banner rainbows are 1% split, off banner rainbows are 2% on normal pulls. 4 star ticket rainbows are 3.75% on banner and 1.25% off banner. According to the wiki at least.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Tried to farm the last 90 NRG with 2 Xon and had to use the reraise glitch to get it finished... 1 Xon with cape and pod seems to be getting the job better anyway.

My current meta is running 2 OK and having them chain, and then have Ace MP refresh JUST before everything dies. Literally every turn.

Now if I could get more "normally" geared OKs back into my friend list. There are some gently caress all weird set ups out there with you guys.

edit: 2 more power giancrysts and I can have Orlandu up to +2 (and help with some one that was triggered in Discord), OR I could get Aileen #1 to +1 Piledriver with a hair left over to try for Orlandu/Aileen +2 all over again!

hagie fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 4, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Back to grinding TMR

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Bring on the drat FF9 event.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ubiquitus posted:

Could have sworn the most common talking point in this thread is usually "don't chase rainbows", for the exact reason that the on banner rate is so hideously low

I don’t mind it with the 3% rate.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

the other rule of "always daily draw" still applies tho.

What people should be chasing is those time limited units, those things have had pretty great trust masteries lately.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
No monster hunter banner to coincide with the recent release of MHW?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Probably outdated and contracts not working that way or something. If a game or mobile IP can't benefit from a global FFBE collab's advertising because it's JP only that makes it 99% less likely to come over, even when there would be a logical substitute product (IE: MHW, DQ and DQ games...).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Monster Hunter World is a Capcom game, why would there be a Collab for it? At that point you might as well hope for a Street Fighter collab.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Bring on the 3* Zangiefs!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Monster Hunter World is a Capcom game, why would there be a Collab for it? At that point you might as well hope for a Street Fighter collab.

There was a collab for MH in the JP version a long time ago. The units are all badly deprecated right now and I doubt they'd make a brand new event for them since I think everyone but juke got MH units already.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I'm actually kind of hoping we won't get any must-pull limited banners for now, since we're going to get some very desirable units in the coming months. And if there is one banner people should pull on, it'll be the Sephiroth/Lila banner just because Lila is so loving broken.

The Sephiroth/Lila banner will probably be wedged somewhere between the CG Fina and CG Nichol banners as well. Gumi is going to make so much money this whaling season.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Think I'm done with this for awhile. I don't really have the drive to try and keep up with 2 games and I'm liking Dissidia a lot more. I may start up again when 7s drop but we'll see.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Office Thug posted:

I'm actually kind of hoping we won't get any must-pull limited banners for now, since we're going to get some very desirable units in the coming months. And if there is one banner people should pull on, it'll be the Sephiroth/Lila banner just because Lila is so loving broken.

The Sephiroth/Lila banner will probably be wedged somewhere between the CG Fina and CG Nichol banners as well. Gumi is going to make so much money this whaling season.

If you are pulling specifically for the future then Lila is not that good a pull. Sephiroth is more future proof by being literally the omni chainer and still having a good 7* form. Lila sort of got short charged with her 7*

CG Rain, CG Lid and CG Nichol are all very solid 6* that got good 7*, top of the class for their particular niches both as 6* and 7*s, cant go wrong.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 5, 2018

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Three days in a row I've gotten a rainbow. Barbaricca , Noctis #3 and then CG Sakura. The game must know I'm laving it behind for opera omnia or something

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Reminder to spend your Urutan Flowers / FF12 King Mog currency before it all disappears soon!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If you are pulling specifically for the future then Lila is not that good a pull. Sephiroth is more future proof by being literally the omni chainer and still having a good 7* form. Lila sort of got short charged with her 7*

CG Rain, CG Lid and CG Nichol are all very solid 6* that got good 7*, top of the class for their particular niches both as 6* and 7*s, cant go wrong.

Future-proofing for the 7* system requires two copies of each unit, and not only is pulling two on-banner 5*s really difficult to begin with but you also won't benefit from having two of the same tanks/breakers/buffers on your team. So you'd be pulling hard for something that is worthless until ~1 year from now.

And honestly, CG Rain/Lid/Nichol are just better Magic Tank/Breaker/Buffer units than what we currently have. Meanwhile, Sephiroth is a chainer you can pair with most top-tier physical chainer units in 10-man trials, and Lila can deal 20x her SPR as magic damage that takes full advantage of killers and elements on demand each turn. I'd be a lot more excited about pulling Sephiroth or Lila than any of the upcoming CG units.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Scrublord Prime posted:

Reminder to spend your Urutan Flowers / FF12 King Mog currency before it all disappears soon!

Thursday at 23:59PST, right?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

When was the last time Brave Exvius did something to really get people excited? The FF9 event will qualify for me, but not everyone.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Skyridge posted:

When was the last time Brave Exvius did something to really get people excited? The FF9 event will qualify for me, but not everyone.

Nier?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How exited? For a unit in particular or event? This story event has probably been one of the best ones just in opening up a character and developing her, even tying a throwaway character into it even though the banner itself is trash. The christmas event was the opposite. Absolute trash event but has a genuinely interesting mechanics character with frames that match an otherwise unique framed character. I went from being down on the banner to immediately pulling a 10+1 when I heard she had CW frames.

Christine has been the most interesting character released in a long time, which is why I'm sort of exited for this months enhancements since so many of the units are Global Ex.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Nier was good, but it's these bad Christmas and New Year's bundles and 50k log in bonus that's really bringing the rest of the game of down.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BDawg posted:

Thursday at 23:59PST, right?

Yeah, it's usually when the banner changes / would change. I want to say they closed it early once or twice but idr. I usually try to make sure I spend them all before the Wednesday maintenance just in case.

Personally between the Christmas stinker, unexciting gear from recent events, and constant striking out on the gacha I'm pretty :geno: for practically everything upcoming. The Valkyrie Profile collab looks neat but who knows if/when we get that.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Christine has been the most interesting character released in a long time, which is why I'm sort of exited for this months enhancements since so many of the units are Global Ex.

I am super excited for Olive's and Fryevia's enhancements, and I don't even use Fryevia.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Scrublord Prime posted:

Personally between the Christmas stinker, unexciting gear from recent events, and constant striking out on the gacha I'm pretty :geno: for practically everything upcoming. The Valkyrie Profile collab looks neat but who knows if/when we get that.

Dissidia Opera Omnia is really fun so far!

It’s gorgeous compared to FFRK and FFBE (60fps!), gameplay is showing signs of a bit more depth as I’m getting past the tutorial levels, and the gacha is FFRK levels of generous. (guaranteed 5* with every pull, characters are all free and weapons are in the gacha)

Well worth a look for anyone burning out on FFBE.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

Thanks for this reminder. I've been mostly TM farming on Memu since the update lags on my phone, so I probably would have missed this.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Dissidia Opera Omnia is really fun so far!

It’s gorgeous compared to FFRK and FFBE (60fps!), gameplay is showing signs of a bit more depth as I’m getting past the tutorial levels, and the gacha is FFRK levels of generous. (guaranteed 5* with every pull, characters are all free and weapons are in the gacha)

Well worth a look for anyone burning out on FFBE.

I started it back when it came out but so far I've mostly meandered about in it. Second island, rank 16. Mind I'm pretty slow getting into mobile games so that's not a sign either way. I should probably go shitpost in the dop thread too and recruit some goonpals.

e: also glad to remind people! :) Losing poo poo cause the notification got buried under other events sucks.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I kind of want to pull on that dumb Valentine's banner just for that magic dog.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

loving doggo maic tank

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Yes, that dog looks great!

I wonder if we’re getting a valentines event or this is both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Looks like they merged both into one given the dog and the two lovers

• Locked thread