Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

ColdPie posted:

Everyone who posts in this thread is wrong and also an idiot.

In other news, I gave up waiting on Nintendo to sell me things and started playing FF6 on my hacked Wii. I've gotten to TEOTW at least a half dozen times in my life. Maybe this time I'll beat the game!
Uhh can't you buy FF6 on the Wii VC? Or was it not released in North America VC or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Taking a long weekend this week for my birthday and i'm gonna spend it playing Celeste and NitW. :dance:

NitW is really good and relatable if you hate yourself as much as I do.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Youtube isn't even on the Switch you loving animals

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Not Operator posted:

NitW is really good and relatable if you hate yourself as much as I do.

I played it on pc for a bit but never finished. As always the switch offers the perfect solution to this problem.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

irlZaphod posted:

Uhh can't you buy FF6 on the Wii VC? Or was it not released in North America VC or something?

It was released on NA VC in 2011, yep

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Was FF6A ever on a VC? I still have never played the extra content.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

It’s on there as FF3, yes

Though it’s hard to blame the guy for not buying 800 Wii eShop points or whatever the gently caress in tyool 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think I like Night In The Woods so far but Mae is pretty terrible lol. She's in such a bubble compared to everyone else in town who's dealing with real life poo poo

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mae's best quality is that she is friends with Gregg.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Monk E posted:

This is a thread devoted to talking about an expensive new video game system chances are most people here are at the very least well off enough both time and moneywise to spend 10 minutes watching a video.

Right? I work 55 hours a week and still find time to *gasp* browse the internet, clean the apt, socialize, work out (though I should work out more), and of course play my Nintendo Vita. It's like talking to than one person who is always "so busy." We're all busy, Sharon, it's called basic time management! There's 24 hours in the loving day get over yourself you insufferable, hateful twat (not you fellow goon, dumbshit Sharon from the next pod over)

But to give a serious answer, I'm constantly on a computer from sun up to sun down (as is basically everyone these days). Not hard to squeeze a few minutes here or there during downtime to watch a video, poo poo on idiots over at Reddit, catch up on local or national news, etc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

goferchan posted:

I think I like Night In The Woods so far but Mae is pretty terrible lol. She's in such a bubble compared to everyone else in town who's dealing with real life poo poo

People with legit mental illnesses are sometimes unpleasant to be be around

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Was FF6A ever on a VC? I still have never played the extra content.
Possibly in Japan, but definitely not outside. Square Enix mostly stopped releasing stuff on Nintendo's VCs in Europe/North America after the Wii.

e: Yeah it's on the WiiU VC in Japan.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
The one thing I never make time to do is cook, but that's okay because my boy Link prepares tasty and healthy meals for me all the time

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I will not buy the game about cross-eyed women

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

People with legit mental illnesses are sometimes unpleasant to be be around

Terrible was the wrong word, I don't think she's portrayed as a bad person -- but it's really frustrating watching her (as the player character) hurt people like Bea who clearly love her and show her an enormous amount of patience. The game's probably making me feel all the things it's intending to make me feel, it's just uncomfortable sometimes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

While we're talking about old-rear end RPGs, Sega should bring back the Shining series. Shining Force II was I think my first RPG ever. It would be etc.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Look closer and you'll see it's not just the eyes that look like poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

irlZaphod posted:

While we're talking about old-rear end RPGs, Sega should bring back the Shining series. Shining Force II was I think my first RPG ever. It would be etc.

There's a remaster of Shining Resonance coming to PS4 but that's probably not what you're after

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not even that they're cross-eyed, their eyes are completely different angles. Someone needs to take a drawing class.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They should take a game making class too

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Sterling doesn't rely on controversy over content. His videos are full of content, research, and writing. They are also sometimes controversial, but they do not rely on that.

Agreed.
His persona is... really dumb but he's pretty intelligent about the industry and seems to always be on the side of consumer protection.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mercenary Kings could have been such a great game but they blew it. Effin grindfest.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Count me in as a fan of Sterling (but not enough to watch every video he makes or follow his podcast mind you, maybe I should )

Christ knows we need more intelligent critical thinkers producing content even if he comes off as a bit off putting at times

I also really like giantbomb but im pretty sure that's a goon default favorite

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Sakurazuka posted:

They should take a game making class too

Yeah. I watched a video of some gameplay and it seems like the most average game ever. Pixel-graphics sidescrolling shooter with a huge grind... if I wanted to play that, without the grind, I'd just pick up OG Metal Slug.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If the best way to make your argument is to post a 27 minute long video of Pizza the Hut wearing a fedora and yelling about blockchain, it's probably a bad argument

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Inticreates had a new game in one of the Nindie directs last year that looked like a ZX spiritual successor. I think that was supposed to come out last year, did it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Look closer and you'll see it's not just the eyes that look like poo poo.

I remember loading this game up on PC and was met with a title screen that's just all the poorly drawn busts of characters and I already knew it was garbage but the gameplay itself is even worse

goferchan posted:

yeah that's the point, she's an oblivious character and then grows to be less oblivious

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

goferchan posted:

Terrible was the wrong word, I don't think she's portrayed as a bad person -- but it's really frustrating watching her (as the player character) hurt people like Bea who clearly love her and show her an enormous amount of patience. The game's probably making me feel all the things it's intending to make me feel, it's just uncomfortable sometimes

I agree that it’s probably what we’re supposed to feel, but it I get what you’re saying too.

The convo when Mae tries to tell Bea that she should push back on her father after they all have dinner was rough because there were no good chat options. Every answer kept digging the whole deeper and deeper.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Inticreates had a new game in one of the Nindie directs last year that looked like a ZX spiritual successor. I think that was supposed to come out last year, did it?

Can't remember the name but it's not out yet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Pug Rodeo posted:

I agree that it’s probably what we’re supposed to feel, but it I get what you’re saying too.

The convo when Mae tries to tell Bea that she should push back on her father after they all have dinner was rough because there were no good chat options. Every answer kept digging the whole deeper and deeper.

I legit hated that, it's necessary for the story to continue but man they really hammer home that your character is not privy to your own opinions at that point

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pug Rodeo posted:

Yup that's the sequence I had just finished when I made the post. Also ugh I'm over these dream sequences

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first couple of unique ones were fine but the 'find the four guys ones' get boring quick. There's not too many of them though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

f#a# posted:

Is Puyo Puyo Tetris worth it past the demo's functionality? Namely, does anybody know if the full version has colorblind-friendly skins?

I can't remember if there's a colorblind mode setting, but one of the replacement Puyo skins is letters.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My wife is about to be out of the country for 3 weeks, and I'm basically gonna be glued to Switch Skyrim for the entire duration. Taking ideas for builds itt

I had a lot of fun as an archer. An archer-only archer. As in, if you can't kill it with a bow or a crossbow, you can't kill it.

This leads to a lot of interesting awkwardness early game when ammo is short, combined with feeling like an absolute baller once you can summon a bound bow (with its own arrows).

Bonus points if, after getting bound bow, you sell all your regular bows, contract vampirism, and happen to not have enough mana to cast bound bow when exposed to the sunlight.

It led to a lot of Benny Hill style moments of me finding some bandit-packed ruins during the daytime then running around with a tail of baddies in tow until I could find an entrance, hop inside, summon my bow, then come out and murder.

For 60 seconds. Then at some point, poof! Gotta find shelter again.

f#a# posted:

Is Puyo Puyo Tetris worth it past the demo's functionality? Namely, does anybody know if the full version has colorblind-friendly skins?

If you like laughing at self-aware B-Movies, then definitely. The plot mode is a bit polarizing on that front, but I loved it, in addition to the challenges it imposes.

I believe it did have a few colorblind friendly skins, though I didn't actually change them myself.

Physical came with a keychain and stickers, too!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yup that's the sequence I had just finished when I made the post. Also ugh I'm over these dream sequences

they're legit the only part of the game I disliked, it was a real chore. needed more car window breaking

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

My friend is getting a Switch as a bday present - I want to get him a game he and I can play together online (preferably more coop and less versus one-another) - currently considering Splatoon and Rocket League, what else should I look into?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the best MK

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

black.lion posted:

My friend is getting a Switch as a bday present - I want to get him a game he and I can play together online (preferably more coop and less versus one-another) - currently considering Splatoon and Rocket League, what else should I look into?

How soon is the birthday? Bayonetta 2 has really fun co-op and it's out in a couple weeks

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If anyone is looking forward to Pillars of Eternity 2 it’ll be coming to the switch this holiday season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If anyone is looking forward to Pillars of Eternity 2 it’ll be coming to the switch this holiday season

Stop. Really? I wonder how well that'll play without a mouse. I never finished the first though I enjoyed the 30 hours I played of it. All I managed to do in that time was get to the main city. It's such a massive game.

• Locked thread