Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Carecat posted:

What's the generally best archwing/aw weapon and mod set so I can set it and never think about aw again?

Build Itzal, use whatever weapon. Don't overthink too hard about farming mods. It's super irrelevant content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Raptor1033 posted:

How do people still hold on to this synergy? It was removed ages ago

People hold onto it because it's still true. Mesa benefits from the fire rate bonus of the Toxocysts, it's just that she loses it mid-Peacemaker when it wears off now. But Mesa's so utterly broken you won't ever need more than 5 seconds in Peacemaker anyway, so it works just fine.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It's real weird to me that it doesn't behave like energy conversion and exalted blade. Or was that the change?

Did people really build around using gunkata for 5 second bursts?

I guess the change does affect my peacemaker base gun as well, my poor little pandero's crit chance :(

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 6, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I have never once felt the need to use an annoying buff from a bad gun to make Peacemaker stronger, it's already so bullshit

Janana
May 17, 2009

Diamondbacks Baseball: Injuries and Futility R Us
As several others have mentioned: BUT MUH PANDERO

Seriously, I'm gonna have to change out my secondary for Mesa when this hits on PS4. And that means using another focus lens on something else.

Le sigh.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
For archwing: get an itzal from the clan dojo, buy/trade fluctis parts from the syndicates and other people. Ask in clan chat if people have some spare archwing mods to give. This will probably be enough.

Consider getting an elytron as well.

Weapon changes are cool and good and I can't wait until they are put in. Akmagnus missing 3% crit and status compare to single Magnus is weird though.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Apparently another batch of frame changes coming. This is a gameplay preview of the new Atlas. Keep in mind he also heals off killing petrified enemies now, and gains bonus armor if he’s full health.

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/960898267059052544

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
poo poo that atlas already looks so much better. Gonna have to pick up the Graxx skin for him.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Here's hoping that's just a placeholder animation though.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Coldbird posted:

gains bonus armor if he’s full health.

That's something of a situational change, since armor only applies to health.

I won't say useless, but situational.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They said the bonus armor was going to be a decay-over-time buff to your armor value, which doesn't sound bad by half (depending on how long you get to keep the buff)

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Janana posted:

As several others have mentioned: BUT MUH PANDERO

Seriously, I'm gonna have to change out my secondary for Mesa when this hits on PS4. And that means using another focus lens on something else.

Le sigh.

It's still one of the better guns for Mesa, and if you're carrying it for Peacebringer shenanigans then it only cares about the mods in the gun and not the gun's stats.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Man I hope there are some Nyx changes coming, even Atlas has better crowd control now

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Man I hope there are some Nyx changes coming, even Atlas has better crowd control now

Have you tried pressing 3

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

gaj70 posted:

It's not a huge deal, but... MR is just a stupid metric for this purpose. It would have been better to tie it to 'planet unlocks' or something.

edit: or maybe forma used?

Yeah I'm not saying it's the most elegant solution in the world, but there seems to be some doom and gloom about what this means to new players.

The buffed the shittiest guns that are low MR, and you can still get hek at 4(iirc) and I certainly didn't use anything else until Pluto or so.

Hell im MR21 and hek is still one of my top 3 most used guns and I haven't touched it since I got the SM variant.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Menstrual Show posted:

Hell im MR21 and hek is still one of my top 3 most used guns and I haven't touched it since I got the SM variant.

It's worth pointing out that turning the Sobek into a 100% status shotgun is going to be about as easy as modding Hek for new players with the new patch.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
I like that you can deploy and collect extractors via the Warframe app, but I really wish you could do more stuff that way--most of all I'd like mandachord integration. Feels like such a missed opportunity.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Coldbird posted:

Apparently another batch of frame changes coming. This is a gameplay preview of the new Atlas. Keep in mind he also heals off killing petrified enemies now, and gains bonus armor if he’s full health.

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/960898267059052544

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Flopstick posted:

I like that you can deploy and collect extractors via the Warframe app, but I really wish you could do more stuff that way--most of all I'd like mandachord integration. Feels like such a missed opportunity.

pretty sure the app predates Octavia, and hasn't really been updated since it was made.

it is really good but could use a few qol features to catch back up to the game

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
A Fomorian is up on PC for those that are interested in that kind of thing. Anyone got newbie (to varying values of new) advice about it?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tylana posted:

A Fomorian is up on PC for those that are interested in that kind of thing. Anyone got newbie (to varying values of new) advice about it?

do it once for the tater unless you really want an okay-ish aw gun.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Any weapons in this list an MR8 person such as myself should probably hurry to craft? I’ve got Twin Graks and Aklex Prime already - I’m probably missing most of the primaries that are jumping, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait they're making the basic Grakata MR 9.

No, DE, bad! Everyone should have a grakata, early!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Any weapons in this list an MR8 person such as myself should probably hurry to craft? I’ve got Twin Graks and Aklex Prime already - I’m probably missing most of the primaries that are jumping, though.

Twin Rogga are gonna be pretty good if you have four dual stat mods.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

turn off the TV posted:

It's worth pointing out that turning the Sobek into a 100% status shotgun is going to be about as easy as modding Hek for new players with the new patch.

I’m leveling this now and it’s garbaaaageeee so I sure hope this buff comes quickly

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Twin Rogga are gonna be pretty good if you have four dual stat mods.

Those do look sweet. I’m probably close enough to MR9 that the change won’t really matter tho

Also: the bow draw rate changes look awesome. I already loved fooling around with my Dread, and it’s about to chop dudes in half twice as fast.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Daikyu approaching usability with the buffs maybe?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Psion posted:

I’m leveling this now and it’s garbaaaageeee so I sure hope this buff comes quickly

Ask someone for [Acid Shells] or go farm Kela for it yourself. And then laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Night10194 posted:

Wait they're making the basic Grakata MR 9.

No, DE, bad! Everyone should have a grakata, early!

clem

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Psion posted:

can i interest you in

Broose posted:

Ask someone for [Acid Shells] or go farm Kela for it yourself. And then laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

which does

quote:

Acid Shells is a Sobek-exclusive mod that causes enemies killed by the Sobek to explode, dealing a flat amount of Corrosive b Corrosive damage plus a percentage of the enemy's maximum health in an area of effect.

or perhaps you want another sobek-exclusive mod, one from steel meridian, which does

quote:

The Shattering Justice mod is a Weapon Augment Mod that adds status chance and Justice specifically for the Sobek. It increases status chance by 5 and Justice by 0.25 per rank, at a maximum of 20 and 1 at rank 3, respectively.

While the Sobek is the active weapon, Justice causes affinity gained by Sobek to fill a special meter. Once 2,000 affinity is acquired, the weapon discharges a radial explosion dealing 1,000 Blast b Blast damage to enemies around the player, restores 25% of maximum Health, and temporarily increases the maximum Armor by 25% of the Warframe's base Armor.

the status from that is a flat +20% to the weapon's value, by the way. not multiplicative.

anyways the sobek is good

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Vanilla sobek is underwhelming, but between acid shells and it's favorable riven disposition it's definitely my favorite shotgun.... though Corinth makes a pretty good case, too. The slow reload was its main downfall, so it's just getting that much better.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Broose posted:

[Acid Shells]

Johnny Joestar posted:

can i interest you in

you sure can, i'll take both :v:

I did not know the sobek had exclusive mods which could make it good and fun.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm currently doing the Limbo theorem and it's the first time I've had to do a mandatory archwing - the ones required to unlock parts of the planet nodes I've pretty much ignored.

Holy poo poo is the archwing mechanic terrible, I absolutely hate it. Whose idea was it?!

And ugh Limbo and Atlas are the two I really wanna try out too but of course I just learned that not only is Atlas archwing only, but drops from an archwing boss? rip me

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Rynder posted:

Archwing sucks

Yup! Atlas isn't bad at all though; ask in clanchat for someone to blow the bastard up for you, there are a bunch of us who are brain damaged enough to have pimped out archwing guns that can roast the boss in no time flat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what's up

https://www.warframe.com/news/shrine-of-the-eidolon-update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5x7ZP0Z8Xo

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
The mastery changes to weapons suck but once you take the 3-4 hours to grind out plains nonsense this game might as well be Zaw Warudo anyway.

But Aklex Prime at MR 15 is :wtc: even if Aklex Prime is a disgusting ducat tax.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

quote:

RIVEN TRANSMUTATION

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Rynder posted:

I'm currently doing the Limbo theorem and it's the first time I've had to do a mandatory archwing - the ones required to unlock parts of the planet nodes I've pretty much ignored.

Holy poo poo is the archwing mechanic terrible, I absolutely hate it. Whose idea was it?!

Just wait, there are underwater archwing sections later on which are even worse.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

So with the upcoming weapon changes what are your most recommended weapons for newbies to pick up before they get upranked? I've seen opticor, sonicor, tigris, grakatas, and lenz get get mentioned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Indecisive posted:

So with the upcoming weapon changes what are your most recommended weapons for newbies to pick up before they get upranked? I've seen opticor, sonicor, tigris, grakatas, and lenz get get mentioned
Just get, like, twenty Lenzes and call it a day.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 7, 2018