Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

JaySB posted:

I've known Jeff forever, easily one of the most creative people in jiu jitsu.

I def dig his style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa27o_zzRH8

Some effin gorgeous ippons from the past season. I should watch more judo. :swoon:

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

willie_dee posted:

Don't you start otherwise there will be no one left posting earnestly.

I post earnestly but it's all boring statements like,

"Sometimes it's ok to not enjoy BJJ"

Fwiw i was working with some guys from Brazil and I mentioned BJJ. They had the same feedback- that in Brazil it's kinda got a bad association, particularly for the older generation.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Yeah, I recall reading a while back that BJJ at least used to be considered the ruffian's martial art in Brazil, as opposed to the gentlemanly Muay Thai. It stuck with me because it seemed so bizarre.

There's something not quite right about "Gimme all your money or imma gogoplata your rear end".

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Freudian slippers posted:

There's something not quite right about "Gimme all your money or imma flying omoplata your rear end".

Fixed, The gogoplata is for those with out hispek.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Well lads I was put in a situation today and I'll regail you all with the scenario later, I'll be very curious as to what you all would of done in the situation. Just about to be interviewed by the police. I'll probably have to draw diagrams and stuff.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

willie_dee posted:

Well lads I was put in a situation today and I'll regail you all with the scenario later, I'll be very curious as to what you all would of done in the situation. Just about to be interviewed by the police. I'll probably have to draw diagrams and stuff.

:allears: Did you Phoenix Jones some bikkie theifs?!

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

willie_dee posted:

Congrats. You did it!

mewse
May 2, 2006

I Killed A Moped Thief And So Can You by Willie Dee

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

willie_dee posted:

I'll probably have to draw diagrams and stuff.

The police aren't interested in the finer points of a kimura.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Requesting a Gracie breakdown.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:f5:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I beat willie up and now I’m going to jail

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
One big problem with getting back into armoured combat after a decade of not fighting - it's super easy to gently caress up your body. I've been doing heavy shield work for a few weeks to get ready for war at the end of the month, and I have completely boned something in my erector spinae.

:negative:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

One big problem with getting back into armoured combat after a decade - it's super easy to gently caress up your body.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I am about to head to the gym so here is the situation.

I volunteer with a charity and we have a large high street building where families can come in and see us during a fairly sensitive time in their life. Last Friday a guy came in wanting help with something we do not offer help with, and was apparently fairly creepy in general, he went away but then came back yesterday wanting to speak to the same young lady who saw him again and again told him we couldn't help him, he then professed his love and told her he was going to be her boyfriend. :tinfoil:

She sends him away and says she already has a boyfriend, he comes back today this morning, asks to see her, she sends him away again very quickly, he then comes back a few hours later when I am in the back office, she is in with a family and another of my colleague tells him he cant see her but how can he help, he then demands to see her, gets irate, another staff member comes and gets me and says she is worried for the guy telling him no, so I go down, and as I walk in the room the guy is telling us all how he is a gangster and how hes killed thousands before and that we are all next, how hes going to kill our families and that he isn't leaving until he see's his new girlfriend. (who has heard him this whole time from the reception area, is in a meeting room with a family who are scared, and she is now bricking it and practically crying).

What would you do?

Everyone volunteering there is either early 20's or late 50's retired.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

willie_dee posted:

I am about to head to the gym so here is the situation.

I volunteer with a charity and we have a large high street building where families can come in and see us during a fairly sensitive time in their life. Last Friday a guy came in wanting help with something we do not offer help with, and was apparently fairly creepy in general, he went away but then came back yesterday wanting to speak to the same young lady who saw him again and again told him we couldn't help him, he then professed his love and told her he was going to be her boyfriend. :tinfoil:

She sends him away and says she already has a boyfriend, he comes back today this morning, asks to see her, she sends him away again very quickly, he then comes back a few hours later when I am in the back office, she is in with a family and another of my colleague tells him he cant see her but how can he help, he then demands to see her, gets irate, another staff member comes and gets me and says she is worried for the guy telling him no, so I go down, and as I walk in the room the guy is telling us all how he is a gangster and how hes killed thousands before and that we are all next, how hes going to kill our families and that he isn't leaving until he see's his new girlfriend. (who has heard him this whole time from the reception area, is in a meeting room with a family who are scared, and she is now bricking it and practically crying).

What would you do?

Everyone volunteering there is either early 20's or late 50's retired.

You call the police, you don't assault a psychotic person because they're making threats.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

> another staff member comes and gets me

ahh, this is where it all went wrong

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mechafunkzilla posted:

You call the police, you don't assault a psychotic person because they're making threats.

This is the correct answer. You talk to him until the police arrive.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

What if you're also a psychotic person?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Ah, the old "He's crazy so I had to hit him with a hammer" situation.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

JaySB posted:

This is willie_dee we're talking here.

He stole a moped and ran him over with it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Found CCTV footage of the incident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKxUfdv_U00&t=8s

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

JaySB posted:

Well willie did you molly wop him with a hammet or a sock loaded with nickles?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
If I were in that situation I'd use the dim mak and explode his heart. You get three strikes buddy because I only need the one...

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Well willie did you molly wop him with a hammet or a sock loaded with nickles?

Willie_dee would never disrespect the queen by putting her likeness in a sock.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yup, I took my jacket off and undid a few buttons so I could move a bit more but as this thread advises, I went with the de-escalation. When he moved forward I moved forward and he ran out being a weirdo. He has threatened to come back and stab the old guy who said no originally and the police literally couldn't give a poo poo and have just said call again if he shows up, despite knowing who he is nd confirming he has mental problems.

If he comes in again and at any point puts his hand in his pocket I'm knocking him out.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

willie_dee posted:

Yup, I took my jacket off and undid a few buttons so I could move a bit more but as this thread advises, I went with the de-escalation. When he moved forward I moved forward and he ran out being a weirdo. He has threatened to come back and stab the old guy who said no originally and the police literally couldn't give a poo poo and have just said call again if he shows up, despite knowing who he is nd confirming he has mental problems.

If he comes in again and at any point puts his hand in his pocket I'm knocking him out.

I don't think you know what "de-escalation" means.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

Lol "de-escalation" by squaring up and flexing at the guy.

"De-escalation" = "hi friend, can I get you a cup of coffee? Let's talk about this."

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
We spoke for like 10 minutes and I made me taking my jacket off seem friendly like I was relaxing with him. Sorry I left that part out, I didn't mean de-escalation by moving forward. He was completely off his rocker and I was just hoping to buy time before I had to do something physical and wanted the police to show up. Guys completely insane.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Lol, nice story bro.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Glad everyone is safe but that is for sure not a story worth telling at a party.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Yea it's not, just wanted to prove to the haters that I'm not seeking any chance to bash someone, as I had free reign and didn't.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:stoke:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

willie_dee posted:

As this thread advises, I went with the de-escalation. When he moved forward I moved forward

*Take notes furiously*
drat I've been taught wrong.

willie_dee posted:

Yea it's not, just wanted to prove to the haters that I'm not seeking any chance to bash someone

willie_dee posted:

:ironicat:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Willie can you give us a detailed recounting of your talk with the police and how they evaluated your actions? Please be as unflattering to yourself as possible.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Look everyone, I'm not a violent person. For instance, there's this homeless guy on my block that I walk by every day and as much as I'm aching to with every fiber of my being, I haven't beaten the poo poo out of him once

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
You missed a great opportunity of mentioning to him you're on your way to a blue belt in bjj any day now. It would be irresponsible of yourself to not let him know the risks of stepping up.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Mr. Wiggles posted:

One big problem with getting back into armoured combat after a decade of not fighting - it's super easy to gently caress up your body. I've been doing heavy shield work for a few weeks to get ready for war at the end of the month, and I have completely boned something in my erector spinae.

:negative:

Oh god. Shield drills make me wince in sympathy.

Only way I kept from screwing myself up with them was switching to a center-grip round to drop the weight hanging from the point of my elbow, and keeping it in the front room where any time I thought about it I could bust out drills.

Shoulders and knees are the end of fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I’ve literally burst out laughing on a train journey because of this thread. God bless you, willie dee, you utter fruitcake.