Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Are there any Generals she could have as VP?

It's a stupid question because she isn't running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

trump is president there are no stupid questions

edit: though I agree, the timing is a few years too early right now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Not a general, but I could see Mullen in that role.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Have her pick Mueller for the GOP tears

Fake edit: I know he's a Republican

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Trump will be 73.

... Yeah? I mean, he's unqualified as poo poo for a wide variety of reasons. His age is really just a "I would prefer my presidents not to be quite so close to the grave" kind of thing.

All I'm saying is that if I had a 2 year old, I wouldn't run for president. First due to the pace of a presidential campaign, and second due to the possibility of winning and then having the next 4-8 years of a (actual qualified) president's schedule which tends to involve a fuckton of 16 hour days.

But then as LingcodKilla says, I guess that's what extended family is for. I don't have much of those and they're far away, so it's not something I really considered when I was picturing raising a kid with a time suck job in my head.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

she should run tim kaine lololol

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Have her pick Mueller for the GOP tears

Fake edit: I know he's a Conservative, not an alt right shitheel nazi

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Clinton/Duckworth 2020!

:suicide:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Wasn't JFK Jr. like 3 or 4 when Kennedy was elected?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stavridis would be a good choice if you're looking for retired flags

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I was calling the president a toddler, much like how his staff and members of Congress do behind closed doors. Don't overthink a joke :v:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nick Soapdish posted:

Stavridis would be a good choice if you're looking for retired flags

I knew one guy who’d id recommend to the end of the earth for this but he’s only an O-5 and should be a squadron commodore in a few years if he doesn’t get out. (MML too I guess?)

If it needs to be a O-9 the last two heads of Naval Reactors have had solids heads on them. Caldwell and Richardson.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

I was calling the president a toddler, much like how his staff and members of Congress do behind closed doors. Don't overthink a joke :v:

My bad. Sorry bout that.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Clinton/Duckworth 2020!

Duckworth/Warren 2020

Might as well go for broke.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Clinton/Duckworth 2020!

Cursed timeline confirmed.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
All this optimism that there will even be 2020 elections is so :allears:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Stanley McChrystal. :getin:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

mods change my name posted:

Cynicism is easy. Optimism, believing you can change the world and make it a better place?

That a lot harder.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DONALD TROMP IS GOIGN TO MAKE A TERRORISM AND STAY ELEECTED 4EVER.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'm joking but if anyone would throw a fit about not being reelected it would be DJT he already calls people who don't clap treasonous and poo poo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
”Oh, my God!” he cried, as the phone fell from his fingers. “Do you know what he wants? He wants us to march? He wants everybody to march!”

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/961013154544345088

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

hahahhaha if youre still in

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Good time to develop bone spurs.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lmao I hope it's mid-summer and dudes drop like flies

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol get hosed if you're still in

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
FIRST ANNUAL AMERICA FIRST FREEDOM MARCH

also

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/961018291283165185

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

”Oh, my God!” he cried, as the phone fell from his fingers. “Do you know what he wants? He wants us to march? He wants everybody to march!”

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/961013154544345088

They wanted to do this for the inauguration too. Friend of mine who worked the inauguration (he was military so he didn't have a choice) said they (DoD and the military) had to carefully explain several times why it wasn't a good idea for Abrams's and Bradley's to go cruising down Pennsylvania Ave for logistical as well as image reasons.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

They wanted to do this for the inauguration too. Friend of mine who worked the inauguration (he was military so he didn't have a choice) said they (DoD and the military) had to carefully explain several times why it wasn't a good idea for Abrams's and Bradley's to go cruising down Pennsylvania Ave for logistical as well as image reasons.

Yep, I remember that! The big thing though is that this appears to be 100% happening.

https://twitter.com/HansNichols/status/961020508295876608

Some talk about it being on Veterans' Day.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Any other president I’d consider it since a trip to DC is a trip to DC. This guy? Lol I’d sooner have a hemorrhoid removed without pain meds.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I know it won't, but I'd love to see this parade fizzle like all his other grand ideas and get whittled down until it's just a color guard and a band, followed by a single humvee with a couple of bored E3s in it.

And the band isn't even TUSAB, it's like the Arkansas National Guard Band or some poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I sure as poo poo wouldn’t want my daughter to spend ages 2-6/10 growing up in an environment where her mother was going through what Duckworth will likely go through if she is the president. gently caress that.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
they could probably task a company of tanks, a company of marines in uniform, a big rocket thing like the patriot or something i guess, have an f22 scream down the center and somewhere off in the distance someone does a big Naval Foghorn and he would think it was the biggliest parade ever held on earth ever period

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Loden Taylor posted:

I know it won't, but I'd love to see this parade fizzle like all his other grand ideas and get whittled down until it's just a color guard and a band, followed by a single humvee with a couple of bored E3s in it.

And the band isn't even TUSAB, it's like the Arkansas National Guard Band or some poo poo.

Texas State Guard and the Patriot Guard Riders!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Let's honor our men and women in uniform by having them dance for the President during time they might otherwise spend with their families

boop the snoot posted:

I sure as poo poo wouldn’t want my daughter to spend ages 2-6/10 growing up in an environment where her mother was going through what Duckworth will likely go through if she is the president. gently caress that.

The obvious counter-argument is that being dissuaded is simply capitulating to those who benefit from making political discourse uncivil and want to deny higher office to mothers/father's/whomever

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 7, 2018

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

they could probably task a company of tanks, a company of marines in uniform, a big rocket thing like the patriot or something i guess, have an f22 scream down the center and somewhere off in the distance someone does a big Naval Foghorn and he would think it was the biggliest parade ever held on earth ever period

It would certainly be represented as such

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/AaronMehta/status/961024366103482368

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

M_Gargantua posted:

I knew one guy who’d id recommend to the end of the earth for this but he’s only an O-5 and should be a squadron commodore in a few years if he doesn’t get out. (MML too I guess?)

While I appreciate the sentiment don't put any of that evil on me.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Conveniently enough the North Koreans are having their own military parade this week to show off all their huge missile erectors :awesome:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/asia/north-korea-missile-display-intl/index.html

edit:

https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/961024172544675840

Terrifying Effigies fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 7, 2018

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol the marching band would be a guy with a trumpet that has the lovely little speaker in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

joat mon posted:

It would certainly be represented as such

There was a Confederate general in the Civil War who managed to convince McClellan that he had thousands and thousands more troops than he really did by marching the same regiment or two past a break in the trees while the rest of his army withdrew.

Maybe we can do something similar for Trump.

• Locked thread