Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Vermain posted:

8.3 notes. Huge and well-deserved Azir nerf for his laning phase; should make him a lot more vulnerable and will hopefully break his back as the #1 undisputed midlane champ.

At Le this keeps him playable below pro play, the original idea of halving Arise! AoE damage work have straight up dumpstered him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
How they go through all this and still don't make an ap item that builds out of qss is beyond comprehension

Also new Liandry's is terrible

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Not on Teemo it ain't :getin:

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

RealFoxy posted:

what the gently caress is that

It's extremely rad.

RealFoxy posted:

with his host being two gay men fused into a third body.

That's hot.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Firebert posted:

How they go through all this and still don't make an ap item that builds out of qss is beyond comprehension

This is by design

Well, it's too good now so changing it was basically always going to amount to a nerf?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Firebert posted:

What new Liandry's?

I'm not seeing anything about it in the patch notes

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
The new Swain looks extremely fun. Reminds me of Shadow Friend a bit.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

8.4 AP Item changes

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Ugh, so uh, draft pick takes five fartsucking minutes to get into a game, and always gives me my secondary choice. What gives, I was expecting this to be the more popular mode since it mimics ranked.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Nightgull posted:

Ugh, so uh, draft pick takes five fartsucking minutes to get into a game, and always gives me my secondary choice. What gives, I was expecting this to be the more popular mode since it mimics ranked.

Keep playing, it's usually not five minute queues for me. Sometimes you get your secondary or even roles you didn't queue for, and that gets more likely as the queue goes on

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Yeah, I guess my first two games were just a bit too early for primetime. This time I matched within 30 seconds and got my main role (probably because I filled two times in a row.)

In other news, Sivir is fun.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Firebert posted:

Lol. An ap Mr item that gets rid of cc would be the most busted item on the game. They're trying to make more diverse build paths not make an item rushed more than morello

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lol. An ap Mr item that gets rid of cc would be the most busted item on the game. They're trying to make more diverse build paths not make an item rushed more than morello

people rarely take cleanse and it is free*

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Thanks guys for advising me to pick up Janna. I've only lost one game with her in ranked, and I just won a promo. It took me awhile to get her kit, and I still tell my ADC how my shield and ult work. It's cool how I do no damage but fights just go our way when im around. Ending games at like 1/1/20.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

additionally, mages thematically should take zhonyas, since it benefits them 'more' because they are cooldown based casters who might have a second round of abilities up after it ends. QSS taking champions might tend to want to just continue to deal uninterrupted damage, and the gameplay patterns conform to that.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Firebert posted:

people rarely take cleanse and it is free*

If you consider the loss of Heal/Barrier/Ignite/Teleport free, then sure. It's not though.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
hence the *

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

its curtains for Kevin posted:

additionally, mages thematically should take zhonyas, since it benefits them 'more' because they are cooldown based casters who might have a second round of abilities up after it ends. QSS taking champions might tend to want to just continue to deal uninterrupted damage, and the gameplay patterns conform to that.

I mean, aren't there mages who do sustained damage though. Morgana especially seems to get a lot of damage out of her W, which is sustained and does damaged based on how much HP is missing. And then also gets CDR if it damages a large minion or champion. Presumably any other champs who do DPS damage will also benefit from an item which allows them to avoid crowd control. I kinda miss black king bar sometimes.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Morgana's W, while being a Damage over Time effect, is not nearly in the same ballpark as a Lucian who continually pushes out damage output after his abilities are on cooldown. Morgana can cast RQW and zhonyas and 100% of her damage over the next few seconds will continue to occur. Miss Fortune on the other hand will completely cease to do much of anything until the Zhonyas is over.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

what the gently caress is that

Rendering error?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I wish, I'm unbelievably rusty. I haven't played this game regularly since S3 and I haven't played more than, say, 30-40 matches a year since S5. I can auto-pilot to a victorious skin and that's pretty much it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The AP item changes are much needed, AP build paths have been stale and boring for awhile, might be interesting to see if more characters will go with 1000 AP tear buildpaths now that it also can offer max CDR and if the items will be strong enough to make ryze/karthus a bit better or anivia overpowered, probably will see xerath's zigg's and lux going tear builds and deleting your backlines with 3000 mana, 1000 ap, 40% cdr builds.

Casters used to have a really hard time going higher then 20% CDR from just morello or 10% from lichbane, lot of options now to add a bit here and there.

I'm also looking forward to the new jungle item that both gives free control wards, rewards invading and gives much improved mana regen and in the river too, just hope they keep red smite for the duelist junglers.
The mana regen will be huge for none-tiamat junglers who have to spam everything to have a decent clearspeed and for goofball junglers the likes of karthus or the forgotten fiddle.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm also looking forward to the new jungle item that both gives free control wards, rewards invading and gives much improved mana regen and in the river too, just hope they keep red smite for the duelist junglers.

They removed all the other smites on the PBE I believe. This is the only one now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I haven't seen any posts regarding the change, so I'm assuming it's just a test of, "What does the game look like without X? What does it look like with Y instead?"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Vermain posted:

They've been gradually trying to tie everything together in the lore, so I don't think it's too weird that they'd make his bow a Darkin when there's already precedent. I can only guess that Kayn's development took place before they started working on Varus' lore update and thought that two champions with a similar conceit (normal human wielding a Darkin while attempting to fight off its corruption) wouldn't work well narratively, which is why his new story is such a massive departure from the old stuff.

I don't think I've seen anyone making fun of "his bow is a darkin weapon, the things his bow already looked like".. there must be some other aspect people find stupid...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

I had scarra on in the background for a while & he was talking about these... the biggest takeway I got was that a bunch of AP items with health are either losing health or won't be on a standard build path any more, RIP to Offtank Mid Morg

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You'll still go RoA if your main goal is survivability, and Rylai's is probably back to being competitive with its AP buff. Archangel's, GLP, and Luden's were already infrequent purchases, with a few exceptions (Archangel's on Ryze/Cassio, GLP on ASol, Luden's as a super greedy third item if you think you can close the game out before Deathcap gold). I think they're positive changes overall.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
lol at them nerfing ryze again

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I just got an S+ off of a 19 minute, 1-1-8, 131 CS Tristana game. I think maybe my upgraded relic shield made it count me as a support? Or all Tristanas are bad...

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

I wish, I'm unbelievably rusty. I haven't played this game regularly since S3 and I haven't played more than, say, 30-40 matches a year since S5. I can auto-pilot to a victorious skin and that's pretty much it.

It was a joke about how to get to diamond by playing offtank Morg. Like "How do you get a million dollars by investing in league? Start with two million."

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It was a joke about how to get to diamond by playing offtank Morg. Like "How do you get a million dollars by investing in league? Start with two million."

I would never get that because I'm the kind of awful human being who plays tank mages. If Tank Zyra works I'm sure Tank Morgana works too.

Verviticus posted:

I'm out of the loop, but is Ryze even good at solo queue right now? Every time I see them nerfing Ryze it seems targeted at pro play.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Verviticus posted:

It's pretty hard to counter a complete free escape if they're quick with their fingers. It was like having a super flash for him due to how stopwatch works.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah it assumed you were a support trist.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Killed By Death posted:

[MF]'s sitting at a 49.8% winrate right now, I don't think this is correct (sadly)

Im seeing 51-54% depending on MMR - higher the lower you go, so still great for new players.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Nightgull posted:

Most people who want something that's more like ranked play actual ranked.

Normal draft was removed (or limited to peak times) on most smaller servers because of its low popularity compared to Ranked and Blind.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Blind is for idiot feeders, don't playing it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The AP item changes look rad, I look forward to still being able to build Tear->RoA->AA on Anivia and get a pile of CDR from it too.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Not to say that things haven't changed or that Riot isn't allowed to change their minds, but wasn't getting CDR capped as a matter of course and not having to build for it specifically something that riot remade items to get away from...?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Not to say that things haven't changed or that Riot isn't allowed to change their minds, but wasn't getting CDR capped as a matter of course and not having to build for it specifically something that riot remade items to get away from...?

You're not going to cap as a matter of course unless you go all-in on mana. How many characters want archangels AND Ludens, or ludens AND the frostbazooka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I just want the try a Celerity+Ghost+Spellbound Orb gimmick at least once