Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fame Douglas posted:

Sound & Screen

Thanks Fame!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

haha alright those that have finally got around to playing Knack then after all these years of :pray:, how is it?

Honestly? It's... not bad. It's more difficult than the art direction would suggest, as most enemies can one-or-two-shot you even on normal difficulties. It is a fun feeling to get killed by enemies at the start of the level, and then stomp them later on once you're 5x larger. It's probably closer to Crash Bandicoot than any of the other titles the devs compared it to (like God of War lol).

It is, however, pretty mediocre. The levels are pretty repetitive: start small, hit guys, grow bigger, fight boss, repeat. Sometimes you get a gimmick power set but there are no real puzzles or problem solving required. I think the concept of "your health is represented by your physical size relative to the level" has a lot of potential, especially if there was a way to grow/shrink at will. Do you want to take out that tank by becoming a goliath, or becoming tiny and sneaking up on it? But none of that is explored at all, almost all of the growing and shrinking is plot-based and they could have written around it.

Somewhere between free and like $5 is probably the right price for it. I can't even imagine having bought it as a PS4 Launch Exclusive.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just got my steelbook edition of Shadow of the Colossus. The extras in the package are pretty great. Can't wait to play it tonight!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just started Yakuza Kiwami. It always surprises me how good the writing and acting is in this series because it's better than like 99% of other games.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So, In a game like Monster Hunter if I set it to Prioritize Framerate (which drops graphics and resolution) but have my Beta Firmware set to Supersample, I guess it's giving me sharper picture, too?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just started Yakuza Kiwami. It always surprises me how good the writing and acting is in this series because it's better than like 99% of other games.

Yakuza 0 is one of the funniest games I’ve ever played

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Pablo Gigante posted:

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Pablo Gigante posted:

What's wrong with being a pervert?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The funniest thing is that I still haven’t beaten it 😂

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yakuza No Context is a goldmine Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/YakuzaNoContext/status/958112596791582720

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

true

https://twitter.com/blazingbearrr/status/959666960366645248

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Got monster Hunter, what is a good cheap headset I can use to tell my friends to stop carting?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well Rime sucks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Well Rime sucks.

I'm enjoying it

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

RBA Starblade posted:

Well Rime sucks.

Did it ever get any kind of performance patch?

I sympathize (to a point) with emotional, labor-of-love, doing-the-best-we-can game developers, but when your game runs like poo poo and it just seems like you're full of excuses (reasonable or otherwise) I'm sorta over here like "but you got my dollars already, soooo..."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
20 gigas update? What the gently caress final fantasy xv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feenix posted:

Did it ever get any kind of performance patch?

I sympathize (to a point) with emotional, labor-of-love, doing-the-best-we-can game developers, but when your game runs like poo poo and it just seems like you're full of excuses (reasonable or otherwise) I'm sorta over here like "but you got my dollars already, soooo..."

That seems fine, it's just boring and the controls and camera aren't great. I like giving art games a shot but it's just uninteresting to me.

Knack's ok though. The biggest issue is the dodge is kind of bad for how fragile you are.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DoctorGonzo posted:

20 gigas update? What the gently caress final fantasy xv

I just ran a check, it’s saying 1.21 is the latest update and that was like 9 gigs. Or is it from a fresh install?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So Ghost Recon Wildlands is $20 currently which is reasonable to me. Is it any good for someone who primarily plays solo?

I know there is supposed to be a trial but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere on the console storefront or on the web storefront.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just ran a check, it’s saying 1.21 is the latest update and that was like 9 gigs. Or is it from a fresh install?

Fresh install

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DoctorGonzo posted:

Fresh install

Ah, yeah. It got significantly reworked from the release version.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
So is the paragon refund basically because fortnite hit and paragon missed?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

JBP posted:

So is the paragon refund basically because fortnite hit and paragon missed?

Pretty much. Epic did anything and everything to make Paragon work, from redesigning the game entirely like twice to pumping out constant events and countless new characters, but none of it ever gained any traction. I tried to like it but it's just not there and I can see why they gave up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol the SotC remake looks SO MUCH BETTER than Last Guardian. I kinda knew it would but it’s still insane

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I mean Last Guardian is a PS3 game coded so badly they had to wait until the next gen to get it running at over 15fps so it's not really a fair comparison.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah last guardian looks good mostly when you got hdr and looking at architecture.

But shadow of the colossus has hdr, higher resolution or 60fps, and everything that moves looks way better in it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah I mean Last Guardian is a PS3 game coded so badly they had to wait until the next gen to get it running at over 15fps so it's not really a fair comparison.

So what I'm hearing is Bluepoint needs to be in charge of the tech and Team Ico should handle the game and art design.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hate how this horse handles. I heard this was the best horse in video games but gently caress that it’s not a patch on Epona

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i am still playing 0 but i love how different it is compared to most crime stuff. its very different compared to your more cynical(but still great) rockstar stuff. like learning about 80s japanese tenant and homeless laws, and most of the crimes and stuff being over or about real estate. i think my dad would like it since he works in that sector. i also like how when a gun is drawn, its "oh poo poo, its really bad now" moment.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I hate how this horse handles. I heard this was the best horse in video games but gently caress that it’s not a patch on Epona

Ahhh, its like being back in 2005.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

It is, cause it acts like a horse and not a motorcycle

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
When you ride Agro you are not controlling Agro, you are controlling Wander who is riding Agro.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I liked that one side-plot in Yakuza 0 where you discussed tax laws

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I liked that one side-plot in Yakuza 0 where you discussed tax laws

The one with the government agent? I really like that when she joins your Real State business she's named "Marusa Marui" like Kiryu never bothered to ask her full name and just went with that. The Masochist Man also introduces himself by his full name but Kiryu just calls him "Masochist Man".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Got through the first six colossi before giving it a rest. The sixth dude took me an embarrassingly long amount of time because I forgot what to do on that fight. What a beautiful remake! I think newcomers and fans of SotC alike will really be impressed. Some people naturally find these types of games frustrating because they tell you almost nothing about how to play them, but the desolate atmosphere and environmental storytelling are really unmatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

It is, cause it acts like a horse and not a motorcycle

Cmon Roach