Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

HLTV rankings updated today, VP fell all the way to #18, QBF up to #12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I can't wait for Liquid with Naf.

The five rifle T-strat that seems to be the new meta is gonna be sick with him on the team. And, if they need to mix it up, he's a passable (consistent!!!) awper.

I think Liquid blows C9 out of the water in a month.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Twistzz and Elige are comfortably the best (non brazilian) players in NA. Liquid without any dead weight will be incredible, -nitro can't be far away.

Renegades in a pretty tough spot now though, hopefully they do something weird and their collapse is at least interesting.

Jeza posted:

Even more so than iBP probably
iBP are the most overrated team CSGO has seen. C9 are about to come close but so long as none of them Ayrton Senna themselves it will forever be iBP

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
It's been pretty well documented that elige and nitr0 are best friends so I highly doubt one goes anywhere without the other.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
We'll see if ibp was really just overrated when steel brings the gang back at Summit as Torqued. Excited to see how they stack up against C9 considering they're fresh all over again.

SealHammer fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 6, 2018

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
I don't really think EliGE is underrated. He's like the NA star imo. I don't know NAF that well either, seems odd to have no awper in an era where double awp ct sides are common. Feel a bit bad for jdm, i think he is a really good awper just maybe inconsistent.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
-taz
+michu to stand-in

SAD

e: and Seized officially replaces Fitch on Gambit lol. For posterity:

symbolic posted:

So Gambit lost to a T5 British team in MDL, and seized played some of the worst pro CS ever to the point where it doesn't even seem like he's the one playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VV_Hzpm59Q

:psyduck:

mcvey fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 6, 2018

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
you know what would make vp a good team again?

replacing the whole roster with people who give a poo poo about winning

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
I'd let Jess Cliffe be my sugar daddy and I am cheap too. He is so hosed.

SugarDaddyArrangement

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Hey at least she said he was Very Nice :unsmith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"It's not illegal if you pay for it." - Counter-Strike Guy

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
This idiot confessed to paying for underage prostitution immediately. Look, you really think valve guy cares about rules and regulations concerning paying a child for sex? Guy created his own economy with hats and gloves gambling, you really think our mortal rules are going to stop him?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So aside from +MICHU, -TaZ today:

Gambit: -fitch, +seized
BIG: +luckeRRR (trial)
LDLC: -Ex6TenZ
NV: -SIXER, +hAdji
OpTic: -mixwell

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

hasn't seized been making GBS threads the bed a lot lately? I don't remember how fitch has been doing but did he really gently caress up that bad?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
http://www.dbltap.com/posts/5970660-sources-magisk-set-to-join-astralis?a_aid=40714

+Magisk to Astralis.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Don't underestimate team dynamics and politics. Even if a player seems to be putting up OK numbers, there are other factors in play that drive roster changes.

Red Skull for Kjaerbye...eh, I guess? Once upon a time that would have looked sweet, but Magisk has been pretty mediocre for a while. But a change of scene can do wonders. It's just a shame because Kjaerbye did seem to be gelling more with Astralis over time.

OpTiC - ???

nV - never seen Hadji play, but guaranteed better than SIXER. Lineup looking nice.

LDLC - Sad to see ex6 fizzle out. Wonder if this is curtains for him forever or if there will be one more lifeline. Obviously a coaching role beckons.

BIG - luckeRRR = all I remember is he was German and VAC banned. Apparently it was false positive. hm.

Gambit - old seized would be upgrade. new seized seems like downgrade unless he picks up his game. Honestly looking at his lifetime stats, he looks like he was cheating up until September 2016. That's how shocking his drop in form has been, and unrelenting. His average rating dropped 20% overnight essentially, and has been there ever since. Weird.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, this and mixwell leaving both basically spell out a death knell for OpTic, especially since it's rumored that Renegades is looking to pick up HS.

Jeza posted:

LDLC - Sad to see ex6 fizzle out. Wonder if this is curtains for him forever or if there will be one more lifeline. Obviously a coaching role beckons.

It's possible he could try to form something with SIXER, the two ex-Misfits French players whose names I'm not even going to try to spell, and someone else (xms?).

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Stumbletron posted:

Renegades in a pretty tough spot now though, hopefully they do something weird and their collapse is at least interesting.

symbolic posted:

it's rumored that Renegades is looking to pick up HS
:unsmith:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hope Mix gets picked up by another team. He deserves waaay better then what he's gotten so far with Optic. Not a lot of opportunities now though, unless he builds his own team :smith:

Maybe RNG, but Mix has already said how much he misses living around his family.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 7, 2018

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/OpTicGaming/status/961329562461327366

:psyduck:

What...What the gently caress?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so we've got what, 3 Danes, Stanislaw and Shahzam? I do not understand this roster at all

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I give this roster a week before shazam and konfig start fighting.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Future major winners

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Seized is top kills in this game against the legendary Team Fragsters.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
What in the everlovin' gently caress is that Optic lineup?

Also I got blocked by Richard Lewis on twitter today for joking about him cutting all of Thorin's jokes out of the youtube BTN episode.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This Superliga thing and the earlier Farmskins one have fantastic UIs. Why don't they use this type of thing for the Majors?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Fauxshiz posted:

What in the everlovin' gently caress is that Optic lineup?

Also I got blocked by Richard Lewis on twitter today for joking about him cutting all of Thorin's jokes out of the youtube BTN episode.

Interesting fact about RL is that he's the thinnest skinned person on the planet. Has an absolutely colossal persecution complex since forever. Long before Twitter was making the rounds, he would delete posts and ban any users critical of him on cadred.org, which was the site he was Editor-in-Chief of. No matter how minor the complaint. However, imo he is a good desk host.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Jeza posted:

Interesting fact about RL is that he's the thinnest skinned person on the planet. Has an absolutely colossal persecution complex since forever. Long before Twitter was making the rounds, he would delete posts and ban any users critical of him on cadred.org, which was the site he was Editor-in-Chief of. No matter how minor the complaint. However, imo he is a good desk host.

Yeah, it was really harmless. I've been pitching in 25 to the patreon for the last couple of months but I guess I'll delete that now /shrug

He also went mental on someone asking when he was going to upload it to itunes so I guess he just woke up hosed up this morning.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

thin skinned skinhead with anger issues

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Started playing MM again and winning enough matches to get my uncertainty to the point I'm now playing with players who consistently forcebuy SMGs every round and run to the opposite side of the map from the team and waiting for them to all die before running at the enemy and dying themselves :allears:

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Low rank: who cares I'm just gonna buy an smg
Anything higher: I don't need to save against these bots lol *buys deagle, armour, full nades*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Final spot for IEM Katowice up for grabs, Na'Vi down a map against Epsilon in the QF on their map pick. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for (Na'Vi).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Also, reminder that cs_summit 2 starts in about half an hour. Last time it was really chill and cool and led to some pretty great on-air moments, so I recommend watching it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

Also, reminder that cs_summit 2 starts in about half an hour. Last time it was really chill and cool and led to some pretty great on-air moments, so I recommend watching it.

Edit: Lunch Time

Edit 2:

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 8, 2018

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
dota fan checking in because summit events are really good. Who are the favorites at this tournament?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

emdash posted:

dota fan checking in because summit events are really good. Who are the favorites at this tournament?

SK and Cloud9. North and NiP may have a chance, too.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
North and NiP have been vicious so far so it should be fun.

Edit:

How do I get the job of "Guy Who Lays On Floor And Plays On Phone At CS:GO Tournament"?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 8, 2018

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

-stunna -n0thing +machine

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

so uh, new nuke update is out and it's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
They just did a runthrough of the new Nuke on the summit and it looks pretty hosed.