Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

bengy81 posted:

On the subject of MP cards, I’ve got Dath, Odindra, Radra, and heradra , all get used situationally, but now I’ve got another 300k to spend. Are any of the Noble ones worth getting with the buffs coming soon (or are they already here)?
If not is Ragdra worth the purchase if it’s not gonna be part of a gimmick Ragdra team?

The Four Gentlemen are still pretty underwhelming even with the new evos (which we haven’t gotten yet).

Ragdra is a very solid sub for just about any rainbow team, including Rikuu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you yu's the best of the 4 imo; not only is he the only farmable double 7c monster, you yu has by far the highest base atk for any double 7c at 3106 (the next highest is around 2200). in fact he does nearly as much damage as enra. he's pretty uninteresting outside of his damage tho. discounting the 7c, his awakenings are pretty mediocre and his active sucks. he might be worth something if you're utterly lacking in good damage subs but outside of that I'd give him a pass

I'd say ragdra is better in general. just keep in mind that ragdra's evo materials aren't in the february dungeon so you're still gonna have to farm all his stuff yourself

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 6, 2018

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

dwarf74 posted:

I love this quest dungeon this month. "Hey, here, this will save you literally thousands of stamina and millions of xp and worlds of annoyance!"

This is by far my favorite iteration of the quest dungeons, especially since I'm too lazy and/or bad to go get the evo mats for all these dudes the normal way. Getting a bunch of free MP and snow globes is just icing on the cake.

Picked up OdinDra, evolved him, stuck him on my Tardis team. I wish the game was always this convenient.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

It was prob this convenient because of last month's dungeon.

aka "only a few at a time and you must clear them all for rikuu, including Annihilation-tier dungeons"

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I picked up my shiny new Odin Dragon - where do I get the gaia dragon to make this good ult evo of odin dragon?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Vasler posted:

I picked up my shiny new Odin Dragon - where do I get the gaia dragon to make this good ult evo of odin dragon?

A3, or the guerrilla dungeon Gaia Dragon Descended

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Vasler posted:

I think it's the reward for the 4 second move time dungeon (Khepri?) in the February quest? It's not hard, I breezed through it with a DAthena team.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ah drat I stoned on the boss of the endless corridors challenge by mistake. didn't even kill it either because I brought him to like 1% health and he instantly killed me again right after :sigh: what a waste

does the boss drop after you finish the dungeon?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Giving out the radar dragons as quest rewards is hilarious. I remember struggling for a long while to get the majority of them.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So... what are the recommended teams/strategies for Catastrophic Endless Corridors?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think the bosses are just lower health versions of the cosmic trinity bosses so the same things should apply. bring a void pierce for azathoth in case it spawns

outside of the bosses, it's really easy. I don't think I ever really needed to use any actives

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
There's basically nothing scary leading up to the boss (not even a resolve or absorb) so if you don't have a 3p kill team you can cannibalize just run something tanky that can grind the bosses down. Supposed to be able to coop it so you could run BH even.

Note that the dungeon gives approximately 1 million exp so if you care about your stamina keep that in mind. I don't know if the spawn rates are approximate to the 3p UDR dungeon, I tried using Anublos gambling on no Azathoth but of course he showed up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

So... what are the recommended teams/strategies for Catastrophic Endless Corridors?

Yog with pixels so that you can one-shot all the bosses.

Or any team with plenty of HP, decent damage, and skills to deal with the bosses gimmicks (board refresh for the clouds, etc) like kush.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Who has a Kamimusubi team and wants to be my friend so I can clear challenge 9?

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I anublosed it without comboing well or using an active other than Tardis except for beelz and the last floor. Seemed like a whole lot of nothing?

Was not prepared for the 1m xp. Rip that 300 stam.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So today I discovered that Rikuu requires 30 million exp to reach max level.

why would anyone do that :psypop:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
What else are you going to do with all your snow globes?

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

DaveWoo posted:

I have friends with him at level 110 for all 80m EXP

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we get a max level snowglobe every day for the whole month and there's currently a repeatable dungeon that gives max level snowglobes out for completing it; not that hard to get done if you really want to. tho the ranking dungeon in jp is giving a max level rikuu for free as one of the rewards so it kinda feels like a sucker's game to level him when you could just wait for that. besides his stats are gonna suck no matter what you do anyway

speaking of japan, they're having a vote for a 6* gfe to get added to the mp shop for a limited time. wonder how expensive it'll be and whether they'll do that here

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I found out that I can pretty easily farm the dungeon with Yogg with my alt but I'm not gonna play that much PAD in a day so it's kind of irrelevant.

That's where I am with farming Arena for pys too and a bunch of other things I could be doing in this game now. RIP PAD.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

I kinda feel like 3 minute stamina may have been a mistake for the game. That was the point where I started having enough stamina to play PAD more than I actually wanted to, and once you break the habit of trying to use 100% of your stam it's a lot easier to just not bother doing anything for a while.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plorkyeran posted:

I kinda feel like 3 minute stamina may have been a mistake for the game. That was the point where I started having enough stamina to play PAD more than I actually wanted to, and once you break the habit of trying to use 100% of your stam it's a lot easier to just not bother doing anything for a while.

I wouldn't mind if there were more high-cost dungeons with desirable rewards that weren't 20 to 30 floors. I'm so tired of slogging through dungeons with tens of floors.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

What PAD needs is another Dragon Ball collab.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

ChikoDemono posted:

What PAD needs is another Dragon Ball collab.

Maybe if it comes to NA this time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Get this, right now if you're in the top 25% of the current JP ranking dungeon... you get a max level Rikuu.

... and 30m is not that much nowadays.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Plorkyeran posted:

I anublosed it without comboing well or using an active other than Tardis except for beelz and the last floor. Seemed like a whole lot of nothing?

Was not prepared for the 1m xp. Rip that 300 stam.

The early floors are easy, then you get to end with Anublos and it's Azathoth and welp.

Or you get to end and it's Cthulhu and you 10c with FUA and then realize you forgot to bring the FUA. :suicide:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Got Azathoth the first run, first time I've ever seen him. Wasn't too bad with Bhunter coop, but I suspect that I was going to die if I didn't kill him the turn I did.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
That ult evo Odin Dragon might be the worst art in the entire game. Wtf am I even looking at?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'm curious about the effect REM rates has had on people rolling/buying stones. Personally, seeing even the garbage monsters at ~1% rates has me not even interested in making courtesy rolls.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm curious about the effect REM rates has had on people rolling/buying stones. Personally, seeing even the garbage monsters at ~1% rates has me not even interested in making courtesy rolls.

Yeah, the whole looking at rates thing is kinda... wow this is actually worse off than before isn't it.

But before also had silvers and 3*. I mean I guess it's a wash.\

That said, I got both Macha and Morrigu this go around so :yotj:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh hey! Finally got my first Raphael after about 5 years of playing this game!

loving awesome. I've needed more damage voids, and a 2-turn one with a full heal is marvy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the big thing for me is how bad the rates of 6* pantheon monsters are. apparently the rates for most other stuff you'd want to roll is either better or the same but it's tough to see how I barely have a better chance of rolling tachibana than I do yog

the revealed rates plus the removal of silvers makes me feel a little better about rolling collabs/seasonals tho

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the big thing for me is how bad the rates of 6* pantheon monsters are. apparently the rates for most other stuff you'd want to roll is either better or the same but it's tough to see how I barely have a better chance of rolling tachibana than I do yog

the revealed rates plus the removal of silvers makes me feel a little better about rolling collabs/seasonals tho

For sure. I think I'd be less repulsed if they had godfests that actually made the newer pantheons show at meaningfully boosted rates. I lack a lot of the newer cards, but looking at the rates, I'm probably more likely to get dupes so gently caress it.

I rolled on MonHun pretty much daily since I thought the rates there looked significantly more reasonable.

E: Also, nothing really meta-changing in a while. I wouldn't mind new stuff but if I'm just going to come back to Anublos for anything that matters...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I will say that I've rolled a 6* gfe every godfest since the change tho. yog in the first, morrigu second, and now baldin. also rolled uranus today

keep thinking I should save my stones but I'm weak and roll anyway

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I just roll and use what I get. Aiming for something is insane in gacha unless you are ready to dollah.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Well, I got a Tethys today, so at least that's something new

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Muse #4, Wee Jas #7 or so, Kopis #3, DQXQ #8 ish, Ronove and Fenrir Viz. Should've invested in more box space instead.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
4th DQ, second napoleon and first Amon.

Man, I wanted Amon so bad three years ago when I was rocking Blonia as my lead...

Edit: Third Napoleon, do I sell it? I haven’t used the first two yet, maybe I’ll just sit on it...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bengy81 posted:

4th DQ, second napoleon and first Amon.

Man, I wanted Amon so bad three years ago when I was rocking Blonia as my lead...
You can at least enjoy how he keeps getting more and more swole as they give him more and more evolutions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

So, since I no longer have any idea what's going on with this game - Yang Guifei, Gremory, or Saria any good?