Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

David D. Davidson posted:

If I remember correctly this come from the fact that most schools in japan don't really acknowledge that their country was basically on the entirety wrong side of history from the late 1920s to 1945.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti5LO8NBLPo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Dryzen posted:

this is an incredibly lovely post to make and i want you to think about why it is

Thank you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mill Village posted:

We need little trucks like this here in the US.

https://twitter.com/d_deruta/status/960506166383005697

I am guessing they violate a lot of road safety standards.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dragons can go to hell.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wark Say posted:

Dragons can go to hell.

Even the maid dragons? :ohdear:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Star Driver: it's good

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I posted what was going to be a private message again. :mmmhmm:

Eh, I got quoted already. But yeah, I don't dig dragons. Sorry.

(Except for good ol' Kazzy here, and that's mostly due to his mad fighting skills and rad voice)

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Eela6 posted:

Star Driver: it's good

Is very. I just knock it down a whole peg for a bunch of stuff in the second half and the related characters being dumb as gently caress filler and not half as interesting as the regular islander kids.

Then you get to the last two episodes and it remembers it's good again and those dipshits get barely half a mention. It gets even better because the worst robots in the show get wrecked one last time by the robots they stole screen time from.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

lol

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/pharos4life/status/953888670356049920

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The "MADE IN NERV" really sells it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

drilldo squirt posted:

Anime has always had a weird thing about nazis. Stuff like this popping up isn't that surprising.

Hey deadliepie, it's me, your byob friend matoi ryuko! I feel that this post you made is a rude over-generalization about anime and the people who work in the industry, so if you make another post like it, I'm going to ban you, because your rap sheet is too long for you to be getting away with any misbehavior!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Matoi Ryuko posted:

it's me, your byob friend matoi ryuko!

/

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm drying a batch of sujuk in the oven and the apartment smells like spiced meat and my mouth has been watering for the last 3 hours...

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Knorth posted:

I'm drying a batch of sujuk in the oven and the apartment smells like spiced meat and my mouth has been watering for the last 3 hours...

I just looked up sujuk and it sounds amazing. I'm jealous!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's really simple to make, unless you want to put them in skins I guess

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished Violence Hero Riki-Oh and well, it was incredible. The ending worked even though it was completely unhinged and it's one of the only things I've ever read that kept me on my toes the entire way through.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
girls' last tour + hot sake is an A++ combo

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Today I learned that a 20 dB difference in volume is loving loud

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

VostokProgram posted:

Today I learned that a 20 dB difference in volume is loving loud

Logarithmic scales are one hell of a thing, my friend.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

David D. Davidson posted:

If I remember correctly this come from the fact that most schools in japan don't really acknowledge that their country was basically on the entirety wrong side of history from the late 1920s to 1945.

Seriously it's gross as hell but you've got to acknowledge that some of the anime community has got a weird thing going on with nazis. I'm honestly surprised poo poo like this doesn't pop up more often.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey deadliepie, it's me, your byob friend matoi ryuko! I feel that this post you made is a rude over-generalization about anime and the people who work in the industry, so if you make another post like it, I'm going to ban you, because your rap sheet is too long for you to be getting away with any misbehavior!

I'm sorry I wasn't clear about what I was saying. I don't believe everyone who like anime also like nazis.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah youre just sayng theres a correlation, uh huh

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm saying some people in the anime community have a weird thing with nazis. Most people in the anime community don't, but you are lying to yourself if you haven't noticed this.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

it doesn't matter that they are in the anime community, there are people who believe in nazi ideals but that has no relation to what they do for entertainment

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

drilldo squirt posted:

Anime has always had a weird thing about nazis. Stuff like this popping up isn't that surprising.

My problem with this quote is not "there are a lot of anime Nazis" - that's just a sad fact. It the why are you acting surprised / disgusted" part that bugs the poo poo out of me. Am I supposed to just be quiet and ignore it? I'm Jewish. This sort of thing is never remotely acceptable to me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm saying some people in the anime community have a weird thing with nazis. Most people in the anime community don't, but you are lying to yourself if you haven't noticed this.

what is "the anime community"
what is the "weird thing with nazis"

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Eela6 posted:

My problem with this quote is not "there are a lot of anime Nazis" - that's just a sad fact. It the why are you acting surprised / disgusted" part that bugs the poo poo out of me. Am I supposed to just be quiet and ignore it? I'm Jewish. This sort of thing is never remotely acceptable to me.

I made no statement on if you should act disgusted or not.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

just gently caress off dude lol

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Dryzen posted:

it doesn't matter that they are in the anime community, there are people who believe in nazi ideals but that has no relation to what they do for entertainment

Hetalia is an anime with a weird thing about nazis.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aurora posted:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

not only is it problematic to try and create association between nazis and something that has nothing to do with it, you're also being a complete loving moron by trying to act like it's okay for things like this to happen because "what can ya do lol xD"

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'm thinking of some others but I'm really bad with the names of things I don't like.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Dryzen posted:

not only is it problematic to try and create association between nazis and something that has nothing to do with it, you're also being a complete loving moron by trying to act like it's okay for things like this to happen because "what can ya do lol xD"

Please show where I said it's ok for things like this to happen; point, deadlypie.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aurora posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

Stuff like this popping up isn't that surprising.

this is handwaving something away as not a big deal, which to many people is what helps make them think it's okay

• Locked thread