Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Despera posted:

seinfield was funny though

nah

Alhazred posted:

Speaking of, today's Zelda have titties and cunnilingus, so I'm linking it: https://imgur.com/BVelvF4

Ahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

How the hell do people like Gorrell even make money off political cartoons? Like, who is buying their poo poo? Even among the narrow-field of Trump supporting cartoonists, there are better artists than Gorrell.

Waaaaaay back in the days when I was a night news editor for beer money (2005-2007), our editorial page editor would always pluck the Gorrells from the syndicate the paper subscribed to because he thought they were easily digestible and chuckle-worthy for the paper's audience, which was grumpy retired white people. Gorrell was slightly better back then because he wasn't 90% Google image search, but it was still copy and pasted characters in front of white backgrounds. Our readers didn't care. Har har, the Democrat donkey says he wants the U.S. to fail in Iraq, but also the next day, har har, Bush is carrying around a piece of paper that says "IRAQ QUAGMIRE." He's really sticking it to those clowns in Washington!

Of course that was over a decade ago right before the newspaper industry fully collapsed, and Gorrell is even less worth a poo poo now, so I have no idea what the point of Bob Gorrell being syndicated in 2018 is. Tbf we still have no proof he isn't doing it as some sort of performance art these days. Or maybe he's long since passed and his cartoons are now automated.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 7, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Alhazred posted:

Speaking of, today's Zelda have titties and cunnilingus, so I'm linking it: https://imgur.com/BVelvF4

Zelda, most lesbians I've met know how to eat pussy way better than dudes, just sayin'.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

T-man posted:

Zelda, most lesbians I've met know how to eat pussy way better than dudes, just sayin'.

Its like lesbians have their own vaginas and dudes dont.

Also if sienfield wasnt funny there wouldnt be on average 6 episodes aired every day when the show ended two decades ago.

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 7, 2018

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
There's some refreshingly bizarre art.

quote:

:yikes:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Despera posted:

Also if sienfield wasnt funny there wouldnt be on average 6 episodes aired every day when the show ended two decades ago.

Not the kind of lesbians I hit on.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Despera posted:

Dudes can have vaginas, too, but yeah

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

If putin could pull that move id clap

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

This is going to go on for months, isn't it.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Just found this:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

King Possum III posted:

Just found this:

Weird, Garrison isn't usually this rapid-fire.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It's really amazing seeing right-wing cartoonists like Ramirez grasp on to the Deep State conspiracy bullshit. Imagine if main stream left wing cartoonists put out "Bush did 9/11" cartoons in the early 2000's. There would have been baying for blood from both sides

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Despera posted:

Big Bang Theory is on its tenth season and has a spin off.

I'm glad we're finally to the point where we can admit Seinfeld wasn't funny Christ I was yelled at so much simply for being ahead of the times.

Glazier posted:

It's about an irresponsible, all around terrible person and their irresponsible, all around terrible friends; it's millennial Seinfeld.

That would be It's Always Sunny

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Duke Igthorn posted:

Christ I was yelled at so much simply for being ahead of the times.

Being wrong does that.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
GBS is the most popular forum on SA where's your god now.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

Big Bang Theory is on its tenth season and has a spin off.

I'm glad we're finally to the point where we can admit Seinfeld wasn't funny Christ I was yelled at so much simply for being ahead of the times.

That would be It's Always Sunny

It's Always Sunny is a far funnier Seinfeld, but Seinfeld could be pretty funny sometimes. BBT is cancer though and proves that longevity doesn't mean a show is good.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Polygynous posted:

Please note that even in this setting, the conservative mouthpiece DID start it.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Polygynous posted:

You're kidding, right? It's been going on for months.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If Seinfeld is bad, why do I like it so much? :smugbert:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

KillerQueen posted:

I'm pretty sure PCity has never not been lazily vacillating between "dems hate America, love selves" and "both sides equal."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

nothing with a laugh track is funny

Black Books motherfucker.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

KillerQueen posted:

Pretty sure it's been going on since the Republican primaries. He went from candidate to candidate trying to find The Good, Respectable One to be the nominee he could support, but they all fell away. Prickly City spent the time between Trump winning the nomination to election day stumping for Gary loving Johnson.

The aimless "words of wisdom oh if only we would LISTEN!" won't stop until after 2020. Maybe 2019 if Dems win back everything but the presidency.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:stonk:Someone had obviously reached into the inner depths of my subconscious and pulled out the very stuff of nightmares!
And then wrote some bullshit on vaccines over it.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm pretty sure PCity has never not been lazily vacillating between "dems hate America, love selves" and "both sides equal."

Prickly City does a great job of showing that the "Same thing both sides" narrative actually means "same thing both sides but Dems actually worse"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Bold to claim that "bipartisanship" between neoliberals is necessary to achieve great feats when Marxist one party states are way better at making radical, meaningful change happen.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Fulchrum posted:

Black Books motherfucker.

That was a live audience. There was an episode with a midget in it and one of Bernard's lines was HE CAN'T HEAR YOU, HE'S TOO SMALL, and no-one laughs.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What's the most obnoxious about Ramirez is that he loving knows better.

It's just craven, cynical pandering to wingnuts, and I hate his god damned guts for it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neodoomium posted:

What's the most obnoxious about Ramirez is that he loving knows better.

You have no proof of this.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Pope is head and shoulders above most of the other cartoonists in this thread. Even though this is one of his simpler executions, it's beautiful.

I thought I had run out of fucks to give about anti-vaxxers. I was wrong. gently caress this.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Copy editors just gave him that fluoride stare so he forged ahead on his own.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

jon joe posted:

Where's it from? Why is it in this thread? Why does it look like someone send the image through a blur filter and then edited the speech bubbles?

If this thread is the funnies page of a newspaper, Zelda is the Spot The Difference they put next to the crossword that someone is kind enough to cut out for us.

Alhazred posted:

When your cunnilingus game so weak it erases a pillow and removes a window

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 7, 2018

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

That’s a incredibly tiny mushroom cloud.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fulchrum posted:

You have no proof of this.

It is plausible though.
In broad strokes, you've basically got 2 types of conservative cartoonist/shill:

- Know better and don't care, which can be broken down into further categories based on WHY they don't care. Motherfuckers like Payne, who don't like reality getting in the way of their vroom vroom fantasies.

And

- Actually are just that goddamned stupid. Branco falls into that category, as an example.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

for a second I was like "whoa, Ramirez must have really turned on Trump, he's doing the 'president I don't like disrespecting the Constitution in some physical way' thing he was always doing with Obama :eyepop:"

then I scrolled down a little, saw the badge, and just loled

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Can we make it so that "not clapping is treason" thing gets retroactively applied to the Obama years?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Can we make it so that "not clapping is treason" thing gets retroactively applied to the Obama years?

you can't be treasonous towards an illegitimate president, duh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't Ramirez also do the one with a guy jumping out of the World Trade Center being asked by a reporter how he felt about increased surveillance?