Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Cherish the day when you ask not if Hari is arrested before the fight, but if his opponent is too. I give Gerges the edge in criminality, Badr is a violent idiot, but it takes panache to traffic an adult man worth of coke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonna enjoy watching Hesdy skate around Badr like he was cocaine charges.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
hesdy seemed like he was gonna be really good at one point

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
After disposing of cans of various shapes and sizes throughout 2017, Tenshin has another legit full Thai rules fight coming up against a ranked Lumpinee stadium fighter https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7qpooh/tenshin_nasukawas_next_fight_announced_fighting/

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

After disposing of cans of various shapes and sizes throughout 2017, Tenshin has another legit full Thai rules fight coming up against a ranked Lumpinee stadium fighter https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7qpooh/tenshin_nasukawas_next_fight_announced_fighting/

sick

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Spin the wheel time:

Has a Dutch kickboxer been murdered due to organised crime, or is kickboxing in Japan self destructing for some impenetrable backroom politics reason?

It's the latter, K-1 are now splitting from TRY HARD gym, which means no more Taiga, Noiri, Kimura, and others. Taiga was headlining their Saitama card NEXT MONTH against Takeru, this extends to Krush too and has hosed up all the matchmaking

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
wow

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/960082907556696064

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So uhhhh highly respected kickboxing illuminati member Karaev Fan has a lot to say about K-1 tearing itself apart, what's confirmed so far is that Try Hard gym were unhappy with their contract with K-1, and recently tried to unilaterally pull out of it, and lawyers are involved. Speculation is that things started turning sour between the two because Taiga pushed to fight Tenshin in Rizin and have snowballed to a weird public blackballing.

quote:

Its about as good of a time as any to note that K-1 Japan seems to be imploding under the weight of a thousand cuts. This is the first scandal to really impact matchmaking, but we've seen a bunch of tiny scandals rise up over the past month or so. Noiri and Ozawa seemed to have feuded with Kohiruimaki over something which led to Kohiruimaki being purged from K-1 and K-1 Gym (formerly Kohiruimaki Dojo) Ebisu. Kubo Yuta is under fire from allegations of DV which have not gotten an official response yet. And now this.

Since Team Dragon-gate, K-1 Japan's institutional rot has been increasingly exposed. While people are holding out hope that its just some bad apples in management--and I've heard some crazy theories on who the real mastermind behind the shadows is--that can be removed, I'm skeptical.

quote:

Sakakibara is continuing to fuel rumors that he's getting RIZIN into the kickboxing business full time. He's been going out of his way to diss K-1 Japan since last year, but now its in full steam with him claiming RISE is the #1 kickboxing org in Japan on the day K-1 Japan had its fall out.

2018 is looking to be the year of the long knives. It'll be interesting to see who's left standing after the bodies start hitting the floor.

"Philip" Kimura immediately scabbed and joined a different gym so he can continue to lose badly in K-1, Takeru still doesn't have an opponent for the first Saitama Super Arena show next month but they're announcing a replacement on the 7th.

tl;dr: K-1 is self destructing for no apparent reason and as a result Tenshin might get some real opponents

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought the whole point of kickboxing was hilarious mismatches and cranky old dutch guys screwing over japanese match fixers?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What is DV?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

What is DV?

domestic violence

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
To take the sting out of no Taiga/Takeru rematch they've hastily put together an 8 man tournament for Taiga's vacant featherweight title:

https://twitter.com/k1wgp_pr/status/961160360395915265

Quarter Final 1: Koji vs Urabe Hirotaka
Quarter Final 2: Komiyama Kosuke vs Suarek Rukkamui

Quarter Final 3: Takeru vs Stauros Exakoustidis
Quarter Final 4: Goshyu Masanobu vs Timur Nadrov

Stauros is the Greek guy who whipped Taiga's rear end in a round and then didn't get an actual title shot, so this is pretty sweet. He was already training and was supposed to have a fight March 17th (no word on if that's still going ahead, hopefully not) so it has real good fight potential.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i wish kickboxing was easier to follow because high level kickboxing is so great.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Foul Fowl posted:

i wish kickboxing was easier to follow because high level kickboxing is so great.

it's loving ridiculous that everybody who's ever watched high level kickboxing has said this for the last decade but it never gets any better. k-1 geoblock their free online streams but don't have any foreign tv deals or interest in foreign tv at all, china is doing numbers promoters would have assassinated their rivals for back in the day, but it's basically as inaccessible as the thai scene

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Takeru's hairline looking pretty advanced for 26.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.k-1.co.jp/k-1wgp/schedule/156/

Jesus Christ it's a 24 fight card

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I've had a hard time following it since all the big heavy Europeans went extinct.

I mean there was It's showtime for a while.
Glory seems to have dwindled.
K1 is secret to the western hemisphere.

But good drat it's great

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Glory is still trundling along it just kinda pissed away it's chance it actually being relevant. The card I saw last year was honestly my favorite live sporting experience. Granted 99% of my sporting experiences are watching philly/ny teams getting blown out at home but whatever.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://twitter.com/spamtimecomeon/status/961485750846935040?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Glory actually have two good cards next month, one in LA and one in Holland

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWLdVSWDS08

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-42993826

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

"Sheridan was found guilty of possessing an imitation firearm at a sports centre"

what an exquisitely specific law

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 9, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

"Sheridan was found guilty of possessing an imitation firearm at a sports centre"

what an excuisitely specific law

Baroque legal systems have all sorts of weird poo poo in them.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Anyone heard of Muay Extreme? It's kickboxing with mma gloves. Looks brutal and very fast paced.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oh, you can actually find full events on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twn9yHs2Zt8

Edit: Willie's not wrong, this looks pretty brutal.

Siivola fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 9, 2018

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
That's it! Only saw it randomly on Facebook as one of my friends posted it. How big is it?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
There's a bunch of kickboxing organisations that use MMA gloves and/or a cage, they're all about as big as professional lethwei, which is to say they're all tiny and people take tons of damage for little money. John Wayne Parr runs one, which is probably the most well known because of who he is and not because of the fights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
9 hours from this post KNOCK OUT will be streaming their card where Tenshin fights a ranked Thai instead of a can for free on Periscope (lol) https://www.pscp.tv/KB_KNOCKOUT/

Card taken from liverkick:

quote:

1st match 136 lbs
Hikaru Machida vs. Kazuma Takahashi
2nd match 105 lbs
Manazou Kobayashi vs. Kill Bee
3rd match 113 lbs
Issei Ishii vs. Nong Rose
4th match 136 lbs
Keijiro Miyakoshi vs. Yota Shigemori
5th match 141 lbs
KING OF KNOCK OUT SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT TOURNAMENT First round
Yosuke Mizuochi vs. Masasato
6th match 141 lbs
KING OF KNOCK OUT SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT TOURNAMENT First round
Fukashi vs. Kenta Yamada
Main Event 123 lbs
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Suakim

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
KNOCK OUT is live now, looks pretty good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

KNOCK OUT is live now, looks pretty good

I am legitimately sorry to miss this. If you feel like doing some stream of consciousness reporting on any cool poo poo that happens that would be sick.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Same

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The Masasato vs Mizouchi fight is on now, it's an insane brawl punctuated with periodic doctor checks because one guy's face is slashed to pieces. Watch it later, it's pretty good

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
after the third check on the eyebrow pussy, the fight is stopped. congratulations to whichever of the two guys that was. the japanese guys don't seem to utilise elbows very much but when they do, they work

the winner gives a brief interview with his opponent's blood still dripping down his face

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
btw there's a krush event going on at the same time, katsuki ishida, one of the child fighting veterens who beat noiri stepped in on 9 days notice to face gonnapar. he was offered a catchweight but did the full weight cut because i guess he's insane

knock out is showing a silent intro video with this guy doing a bunch of bodybuilding poses and tanning. after this fight it's the main event

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
one guy enters the ring wearing a robe that says THE BRONZE NARCISSIST on the sleeves so i assume he is the bodybuilding guy

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the fight begins and the bronze narcissist is both less tanned and has smaller traps than his pink haired foe. lots of hand waving and low kicks at range for the first half of the round punctuated by the occasional solid punch or kick.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
neither guy taking advantage of the full thai rules yet. second round takes on more of the complexion of the end of the first now, the pace has picked up but there's not a lot of clean offense yet, it's pretty scrappy.

the bronze narcissist seems better in the clinch but has extremely thai style hands. camera focuses on the enormous purple welt on his lead leg and they finally throw a couple of elbows. the iron narcissist is looking a bit wobbly on his legs. in a 3 round fight this wouldn't be a pressing issue but knock out is 5 rounders as standard. step in elbow splits pink hair below the eye mildly, and the round is over.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
pink hair trying to keep range with boxing combinations and punctuating with low kicks, but the bronze narcissist is pressuring him into the ropes to throw short range elbows. pink hair is starting to fatigue and his hands are getting sloppier, giving the bronze narcissist a bit more success at range with his not so great boxing. a kick up top from the narcissist briefly puts some urgency into the slightly floppy pink haired guy and he's focusing on his jab now. tide seems to be turning for the bronze narcissist, who now has all the forward momentum. clinch knee battle and the narcissist gets the better of it. they brawl to end the round, with the narcissist getting the better of it too. tide looks to be trning into the later rounds.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
round 4 opens with more success in close for the narcissist with his elbows. stream skips but someone did a brazilian kick. round 4 is looking like round 3 with the narcissist putting in the better work and bouncing his opponent off the ropes to meet him with elbows.

news from krush: https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/963006196960677888

half way through the round now and the narcissist's leg is looking a bit limp. he's walking in like a mummy to land his elbows, his leg is getting an ever darker purple

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
despite the leg the narcissist is running away with it. pink hair looks dejected going into the corner. replay shows the narcissist throwing a brazilian kick with his hosed up leg. winner of this fight will face the winner of the previous fight for the inaugural lightweight title.

final round and both men come alive, but it quickly becomes a clinch fight, which pink hair doesn't do too badly in. still won't be enough to turn the fight and he knows he needs a stoppage and his output is growing. nice headkick blocked but then it's back onto the ropes to get elbowed some more. pink hair just can't fight his way out of the clinch and is getting pushed back to the ropes. into the final minute and there's a lot of dirty boxing and clinch knees. neither guy seems to have it left in them to stop the other. 30 second warning and pink hair starts throwing punches and they go head to head in the centre of the ring but again it devolves into close range work with nothing clean. fight ends and i gotta believe this one goes to the man with the best nickname, the bronze narcissist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
guy with the pink hair wins a majority decision, not sure i agree with it but i was posting