Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rumors tumbling out right now that Namco-Bandai Singapore may be the team working on Metroid Prime 4 as well as making a Switch exclusive Ridge Racer due to a developer updating their Linkedin page saying as such. Browsing other known devs at Singapore reveal they’ve all updated their pages stating they are currently working on some sort of big IP from a major publisher

Not sure what games Namco-Bandai Singapore have worked on but as with all rumors please take with a large mound of salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

alf_pogs posted:

i believe it has hulu in some regions so its not out of the realm of possibility? but nothin more than the whispers on the information superhighway

it would be perfect to watch poo poo on in bed so idk why they just wont do it! noones gunna think its not primarily for games or w/e nintendo is worried about. maybe its nintendo's no region thing and IP holders not wanting to comply with that? who knows

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It's up to Netflix to make a Netflix app, not Nintendo. I don't think Nintendo are stopping them or anything, as mentioned there's a Hulu app in the US, plus some other streaming app in Japan.

I doubt the fact that it's region locked has anything to do with it either, since your Netflix (or whatever) account shows content for whatever region you're in. It's not an issue on phones/tablets/computers.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not sure what games Namco-Bandai Singapore have worked on
Their only Mobygames credits so far are for development assistance on Tales of Berseria and Mario Sports Superstars. This guy claims that there's a number of LucasArts/Star Wars 1313 alumni there.

Odds are they're providing assistance to a team at Namco-Bandai Japan rather than heading things up... but then again, a dedicated development-assistance team took the lead on Mario & Rabbids, so who the gently caress knows anymore?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

Odds are they're providing assistance to a team at Namco-Bandai Japan rather than heading things up... but then again, a dedicated development-assistance team took the lead on Mario & Rabbids, so who the gently caress knows anymore?

Mario+Rabbids was a pitch project by Davide Soliani, the director of Ubisoft Milan, rather than something assigned to them.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mario+Rabbids was a pitch project by Davide Soliani, the director of Ubisoft Milan, rather than something assigned to them.
I know. I'm just saying that they were an assistance studio helping out on Ghost Recon games before they took the lead on that magnificent crossover.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

For the first time since getting this new job last November I took my lunch break today to make the grueling 5 minute commute home. I bought the SotC remaster on PS4, bought Dandara on Switch, had some lunch and went back to work. By the time I get home I'll have both those ready and downloaded! I've also already pre-loaded Bayo2 and can't wait for that to come out. Can't it be next Friday already ugh.

It's a good time to be a video playing nerdman.. the only downside is now I can't wait to get home from work which is still another 5 hours and 20 minutes away :(

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Hyrule Warriors Character Introduction Part 1 (feat. Link, Zelda, Impa, Lana, Cia, Volga, Wizzro, and Linkle): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCWN_klRn_c

Nothing we didn't already know. We do get a look at Linkle's Lv. 4+ Boots and it also appears that Wizzro's C5 laser is faster at turning directions. Might be one of those rebalances and improvements they were talking about.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

How's Dragon Quest Builders? It's coming out on Switch soon but it already exists on PS4 so if anyone here has played it I'd love to hear some opinions.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

a7m2 posted:

How's Dragon Quest Builders? It's coming out on Switch soon but it already exists on PS4 so if anyone here has played it I'd love to hear some opinions.
There's a demo on the Switch eShop if you want to try it.

e: vvv :smuggo:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 7, 2018

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

a7m2 posted:

There's a demo on the eShop that has the first hour or so of the game, so you can see for yourself.

EDIT: :argh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a7m2 posted:

It's good

Also I hear there's a demo....

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Sweet. Thanks

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I don’t like Minecraft but gave dragon quest a try because it gives the building and exploring a purpose. I didn’t like it either. I found it tedious and having the same UI issues that Minecraft has.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 7, 2018

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

this kills the switch. I hope it won't work for piracy for some reason.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry guys, Song of Memories' Japan release was delayed from February to "Spring"

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gmq posted:

Lol of course it will

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gmq posted:

It's ok they didn't do it for piracy, they only do it for the love of free games.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Rumors tumbling out right now that Namco-Bandai Singapore may be the team working on Metroid Prime 4 as well as making a Switch exclusive Ridge Racer due to a developer updating their Linkedin page saying as such. Browsing other known devs at Singapore reveal they’ve all updated their pages stating they are currently working on some sort of big IP from a major publisher

Not sure what games Namco-Bandai Singapore have worked on but as with all rumors please take with a large mound of salt

BN Singapore was created in 2013 as a support studio. They started staffing up for a AAA project in 2017. Developers of Metroid games get a lot scrutiny so it makes sense it keep it under wraps until they have gameplay to show.

But we should all be excited for a new Ridge Racer game.

The Kins posted:

Their only Mobygames credits so far are for development assistance on Tales of Berseria and Mario Sports Superstars. This guy claims that there's a number of LucasArts/Star Wars 1313 alumni there.

Mario+Rabbids is weird in that it's technically a Ubisoft game licensing Nintendo characters. Ubisoft developed, play-tested, advertised, and published the game. Something like Fire Emblem Warriors had more oversight by Nintendo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

I know. I'm just saying that they were an assistance studio helping out on Ghost Recon games before they took the lead on that magnificent crossover.

My point was that it's pretty unlikely they pitched a Metroid game, so they're far more likely to be just supporting it rather than the lead studio.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Switch could be a really amazing homebrew machine but if this happens this early in the console’s lifespan it’s probably not a great thing

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

gmq posted:

These things have historically always a back and forth between hacker and company, so I feel like claiming nintendo can't patch the exploit is about as arrogant as claiming something is unhackable.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

If I buy an eshop card from, let's say Germany and use it on a French account, will that work? I know they're region locked, but those are the same region as far as I know.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Not Operator posted:

These things have historically always a back and forth between hacker and company, so I feel like claiming nintendo can't patch the exploit is about as arrogant as claiming something is unhackable.

Supposedly it's a bootrom exploit, and by definition the bootrom can't be altered once its set. Nintendo could fix it in newly manufactured Switches but not ones that are already in the wild.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a7m2 posted:

If I buy an eshop card from, let's say Germany and use it on a French account, will that work? I know they're region locked, but those are the same region as far as I know.

Nintendo of Europe is a single region.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If anything Nintendo can probably patch the exploit in hardware

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo of Europe is a single region.

So it'll work? I know games work but I figured codes could possibly be different.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

gmq posted:

Oh ho ho, nooo. Patented homebrew software! Old hacker recipe!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

a7m2 posted:

So it'll work? I know games work but I figured codes could possibly be different.
Yes it will work fine. It's the same eShop region and currency etc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Finally we'll get Smash 5 modded to undo how Nintendo has assuredly ruined it!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

gmq posted:

I will never pirate a Switch game but if Nintendo keeps dragging their rear end on Virtual Console stuff I will happily slam every SNES rom in existence on this thing. Switch will be such an insanely good emulation machine

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

goferchan posted:

I will never pirate a Switch game but if Nintendo keeps dragging their rear end on Virtual Console stuff I will happily slam every SNES rom in existence on this thing. Switch will be such an insanely good emulation machine

I will never pirate a switch game but I will happily pirate every other Nintendo game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I will never pirate a switch game but I will happily pirate every other Nintendo game
Actually if you'll just give me 20,000 words to define a very specific morality in which I am in the right and everybody else is in the wrong, you'll see what I mean.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hell yeah

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Let me show you my mame collection of weird poo poo that isn't in production anywhere

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hell, same

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/961239394236559360

Pinball FX3 is getting not just one but three Jurassic Park tables on February 20th.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 7, 2018

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sunning posted:

Mario+Rabbids is weird in that it's technically a Ubisoft game licensing Nintendo characters. Ubisoft developed, play-tested, advertised, and published the game. Something like Fire Emblem Warriors had more oversight by Nintendo.

Judging by the 20 minutes of credits for that game, and the amount of that 20 minutes that was dedicated to brand supervisors and marketing, they were on a leash. Though they still got away with some very atypical ideas for Mario & co

content
Feb 13, 2014

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/961239394236559360

Pinball FX3 is getting not just one but three Jurassic Park tables on February 20th.

As an avid pinball player, I really wish I could get into the digital stuff. I can stomach ones based on real tables, but I think that's just because I consider it practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Will I be able to play wii games on the switch now

• Locked thread