Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Julio Cruz posted:

Holding live events on consecutive nights on opposite sides of the country sounds like a super terrible idea.

its Newark, CA, A suburb of San Francisco. I thought that at first too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I figured it wasn't Newark, NJ because it would have mentioned the NJ part

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

its Newark, CA, A suburb of San Francisco. I thought that at first too.

well that's not nearly as amusing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

well that's not nearly as amusing

Its still a 50/50 chance if the events actually happen or they do happen it doesn't kill their finances so badly they have to scrap the WM shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Its still a 50/50 chance if the events actually happen or they do happen it doesn't kill their finances so badly they have to scrap the WM shows.

What, and then have to issue refunds to the *squints* 70 people that bought tickets to Impact @ Wrestlecon?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I was hoping they meant Newark Delaware personally

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was hoping they meant Newark Delaware personally

Trying to invade CZW territory, eh?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They could learn how to have a proper barbed wire match, at least.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nick Gage on PopTV would be a helluva thing.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Nick Gage on TV would be a helluva thing.

fyp

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Nick Gage on PopTV would be a helluva thing.

On one hand he might be so underpaid that he has to rob a bank again

On the other hand, it's not like any watches TNA enough to natc on him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

On one hand he might be so underpaid that he has to rob a bank again

On the other hand, it's not like any watches TNA enough to natc on him

I'm pretty sure if Nick got shorted by a promoter he'd get his money from the promoter Wahoo style.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

whoa wait whens there been CZW in delaware

I would hella go at least once

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Tournament of Death has been on DJ Hyde's family's farm in Delaware for two or three years now.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

Interesting tidbit I stumbled onto.

Impact is gonna run live events in Newark and Salinas California. Well supposedly.

https://twitter.com/SantanaLAX/status/960877615824408577

Oh poo poo AroLucha's coming to Houston? :stare:

Are their shows actually decent? I know we hate them because it's Aroluxe and Russo, but I'll grit my teeth and give them a few bucks in spite of my dislike of those things if they're gonna give me good wrestling.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They've run like 3 shows total, but go ahead and give your money to the nazis.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Literal Neo Nazis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whoa.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Lord of booty I know you’re worried about the state of the indies but please don’t give the literal nazis money

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's not even like the AroLucha shows have been great, consensus seems to be they are pretty good and they are probably going to lose Rey. I could see not caring if they put on legendary shows, but they don't.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

whoa wait whens there been CZW in delaware

I would hella go at least once

They used to run regular shows in Dover and Smyrna, back when Zandig originally owned the company. Tajiri won the CZW title in Dover (and lost it the same night)

Plus the tournies, as Coco said

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
In case anyone needs proof the Harris brothers are Neo Nazis:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those are Hs, for Harris.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He's just really into the KISS logo, but only the last part

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm legitimately sad that TNA has declined to the point where they can't even throw up smoke and mirrors to pretend they're a functioning company

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm legitimately sad that TNA has declined to the point where they can't even throw up smoke and mirrors to pretend they're a functioning company

why though

Like, yeah what they've become is sad but sad is basically all they've literally ever been

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I admired that they put in the flop sweat

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

why though

Like, yeah what they've become is sad but sad is basically all they've literally ever been

Well, you know, before they were sad but had talent to mis-use. Now they don't even have that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I live in NorCal, should I go to the house show?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You're better off literally setting your money on fire than giving any of it to Impact

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Well, let's see now. If you burned your money, not only would you be out money, you'd be contributing to global warming. Maybe it would be just the thing to cause the Pine Island and Thwaite's Glaciers to break away from the West Atlantic Ice Sheet, spilling trillions of gallons of ice in to the ocean, raising worldwide sea levels by 10-12 feet and killing and/or displacing millions of people.

On the other hand, TNA.

Just burn your momey.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Those are Hs, for Harris.

The Bart, the!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

You're better off literally setting your money on fire than giving any of it to Impact

Every single TNA show in the last few years has been papered, usually to a large degree (or free outright in the Impact Zone). Even if your time is worth nothing to you there is no reason to spend money on TNA tickets. Heck, in the last set of tapings they paid the audience to come.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Every single TNA show in the last few years has been papered, usually to a large degree (or free outright in the Impact Zone). Even if your time is worth nothing to you there is no reason to spend money on TNA tickets. Heck, in the last set of tapings they paid the audience to come.

I've never understood how this works. Do you just hang around the arena waiting to get a free ticket? I understand the concept of papering but not how those free tickets are distributed last-minute in an effort to fill seats.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Phenix Rising posted:

I've never understood how this works. Do you just hang around the arena waiting to get a free ticket? I understand the concept of papering but not how those free tickets are distributed last-minute in an effort to fill seats.

yeah, pretty much. Or if they bother to do radio promotion, call the station directly and ask for tickets there.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

In case anyone needs proof the Harris brothers are Neo Nazis:

I know lol TNA and all but how did that dude manage to make it all the way to the ramp without someone backstage going "Hey, you can't be wearing that nazi poo poo on camera"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I know lol TNA and all but how did that dude manage to make it all the way to the ramp without someone backstage going "Hey, you can't be wearing that nazi poo poo on camera"

By being a 6'9 neo-nazi who is also tight with the company owner. You can't win that fight mentally or physically.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the Harris brothers had always been involved heavily with TNA production since Day 1.

If you want, someone is doing a podcast on this very subject right now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I mean, I get that they are important and heavily involved but at the same time I feel like someone had to be like "yo please don't wear nazi poo poo on camera for our struggling company"

Then again Vince dropped an N-bomb in the mid aughts so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, I get that they are important and heavily involved but at the same time I feel like someone had to be like "yo please don't wear nazi poo poo on camera for our struggling company"

They regularly (and relatively recently) intimidated people into not complaining about not being paid on time. On the rare chance anyone had the guts to tell them this, it was done softly enough to not be heard and wasn't listened to