Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pirate Jet posted:

Ol yeller is trolling, guys.
It's possible that one guy who became a fascist because of Pacific Rim will have his mind blown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

re: movie merchandise

There are 3 tiers: Funko Pop, Marvel Legends, and Hot Toys. You decide which one of those are on top or bottom.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Is Soul Stone location speculation allowed IIT?

Cause I think the end of new Kendrick Lamar MV might allude to it being in Wakanda.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Khagan posted:

Cause I think the end of new Kendrick Lamar MV might allude to it being in Wakanda.

In a way it makes sense Wakandans, or at least the Panther line say death is not the end. And in the comics TChalla was declared King of the Dead being able to talk to his ancestors. There are scenes in the movie that seem to evoke TChalla in a spiritual plane probably talking to previous King’s/Panthers or Dead. so probably.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

everything we've seen of infinity war has thanos and his goons attacking wakanda

so draw your own conclusions from there

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Brother Entropy posted:

everything we've seen of infinity war has thanos and his goons attacking wakanda

so draw your own conclusions from there

Maybe they asked their phone "Siri please plot a course to West Kansas" and it didn't understand their alien accent?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Khagan posted:

It's just speculation so I believe that's allowed. One of Black Panther's abilities / traits is being able to communicate with the Panthers of the past, and depending on which comic book run it draws from he can also sense and track auras of souls. So you could probably bet your house on the Stone being in Wakanda.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

lol of course the black guy's got soul

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Teaser tomorrow ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be5yu-1hR-X/?hl=en&taken-by=tomhardy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Honestly I'm looking forward to it more than infinity war or ant man. I bet it will be pretty weird.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Eh.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Infinity War will be something to watch as there is just so much poo poo. I wanna see if they can pull it off. New Ant-Man looks atrocious but maybe Paul Rudd can salvage it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Honestly I'm looking forward to it more than infinity war or ant man. I bet it will be pretty weird.

Isn't Ruben Fleischer directing it?

I don't know, everything about a Venom movie, down to the concept, screams :wtc: to me, just as much as a Gambit movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

I don't know, everything about a Venom movie, down to the concept, screams :wtc: to me, just as much as a Gambit movie.

Yeah, it's a big who cares until you show me something that looks halfway interesting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tom Hardy makes things interesting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Normally I agree but there's just not much going on with Venom.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

Even he couldn't save dogshit like Lawless (the movie that made Nick Cave swear off screenwriting forever).

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
How the heck that movie wrapped filming without any sort of leaks regarding production? Not even a picture of a toy venom or smth

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's pretty wild that they've already mined the mainstream superhero concepts so much that Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams are headlining a Venom movie.

I was way more into the idea of Tom Hardy's 100 Bullets. I remember him saying he was developing that when he had to drop out of Suicide Squad. I hope that's still in the works.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Timby posted:

Even he couldn't save dogshit like Lawless (the movie that made Nick Cave swear off screenwriting forever).

Aw man - loved that. :(

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A weird thing about toys is that a bunch of toys and merch will come out featuring the old character designs. There's a shorter gap now, but I seem to recall that when the first Nolan Batman, Avengers, etc. came out it was a long while before merch featuring the movie designs came out.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Icing sugar?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

When you watch that movie it's totally fascinating. Every single character is practically from a different genre of movie. Gary Oldman literally does a drive-by on the movie. It seems like it was written by 200 people.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

When you watch that movie it's totally fascinating. Every single character is practically from a different genre of movie. Gary Oldman literally does a drive-by on the movie. It seems like it was written by 200 people.

Cave told me that accepting Hillcoat's suggestion to adapt the novel was one of the biggest mistakes of his career, because he was constantly fighting between wanting to tell his own style of story and what he felt was his obligation to stay true as close as possible to Bondurant's writing. In the end he wasn't happy with it at all.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Normally I agree but there's just not much going on with Venom.

i mean, when you boil it down to the non-Spider-Man related essence of the character, it's a shapeless space creature who takes control of your body with it's own wants and needs and a thirst for violence, but also grants you incredible strength and powers

how the gently caress is that not an awesome idea for a superhero/horror movie?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Maybe if the movie's good we'll get a Venom video game where they lift Black Sabbath songs wholesale.

Like they did that one time and it was loving awesome.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Guy Pearce is wretched in Lawless. As is Tom Hardy.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Lawless is terrible, but Mia Wasikowska and Jessica Chastain are dreamy in everything.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jimbot posted:

Maybe if the movie's good we'll get a Venom video game where they lift Black Sabbath songs wholesale.

Like they did that one time and it was loving awesome.

gently caress, just give me a 2-pack of Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety on PC and new consoles with 16:9 widescreen and I'll be happy as a clam, those games were awesome

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vintersorg posted:

Star Trek: Nemesis, an "interesting" film.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

i mean, when you boil it down to the non-Spider-Man related essence of the character, it's a shapeless space creature who takes control of your body with it's own wants and needs and a thirst for violence, but also grants you incredible strength and powers

how the gently caress is that not an awesome idea for a superhero/horror movie?

It's going to suck because it's not being directed Frank Henenlotter thirty years ago.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neo Rasa posted:

Star Trek: Nemesis, an "interesting" film.

Such a cavalcade of poo poo:

- Spiner only agreed to do the movie if he had the same level of creative control as Stewart had on Insurrection
- Spiner and John Logan were friends, so Spiner had it written into Logan's contract that he couldn't be rewritten
- Nick Meyer was approached to direct it but told Berman to gently caress off after finding out that he couldn't change the script
- Stuart Baird, who wasn't a sci-fi fan in the slightest, was literally forced upon Berman & Co. by Sherry Lansing
-- Baird made moronic choices like having Michael Dorn's voice digitally altered, and kept on calling LeVar Burton "Laverne"
- The film didn't have the money to work with ILM so they went with Digital Domain for the CGI
- Utterly wasted Ron Perlman
- For all the poo poo Into Darkness gets, Nemesis is far more of a rehash of Wrath of Khan
- In general the movie spends most of its time aping other, far better movies (lawl at the Excalibur thing)
- Got beat by Maid in Manhattan at the box office on its opening weekend
- Nemesis' failure led to Hardy spiraling further into alcohol and crack addiction

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw it in theaters opening night with my dad who dragged me to it. All I remember is the guy snoring loud behind us.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

I saw it in theaters opening night with my dad who dragged me to it. All I remember is the guy snoring loud behind us.

December 2002 was during my freshman year of college, and I was going to school in Green Bay, Wisconsin, while my best friends were at the University of Illinois Urbana - Champaign, about two and a half hours south of Chicago (where we all grew up). In my infinite loving wisdom, I drove the entire way from Green Bay to Urbana - Champaign, a little over six hours, so we could all see Nemesis together.

Leaving the theater, there was nothing but dead silence between us. I wound up getting a room at a Motel 6 or some other cheap-rear end place in the area, because like loving hell I was driving another six hours back to Green Bay after sitting through that pile of poo poo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Finally getting to watch the K.Waste cut of BvS!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Timby posted:

December 2002 was during my freshman year of college, and I was going to school in Green Bay, Wisconsin, while my best friends were at the University of Illinois Urbana - Champaign, about two and a half hours south of Chicago (where we all grew up). In my infinite loving wisdom, I drove the entire way from Green Bay to Urbana - Champaign, a little over six hours, so we could all see Nemesis together.

Leaving the theater, there was nothing but dead silence between us. I wound up getting a room at a Motel 6 or some other cheap-rear end place in the area, because like loving hell I was driving another six hours back to Green Bay after sitting through that pile of poo poo.

Your friends didn't let you crash?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Your friends didn't let you crash?

UIUC double dorms in 2002, at least the building where my friends lived, had room for a single closet, two single beds, two desks and that's that (they didn't even have a sink). I was more than willing to fork out 40 bucks for a cheap motel room rather than sleep on the floor.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Timby posted:

Such a cavalcade of poo poo:

- Spiner only agreed to do the movie if he had the same level of creative control as Stewart had on Insurrection
- Spiner and John Logan were friends, so Spiner had it written into Logan's contract that he couldn't be rewritten
- Nick Meyer was approached to direct it but told Berman to gently caress off after finding out that he couldn't change the script
- Stuart Baird, who wasn't a sci-fi fan in the slightest, was literally forced upon Berman & Co. by Sherry Lansing
-- Baird made moronic choices like having Michael Dorn's voice digitally altered, and kept on calling LeVar Burton "Laverne"
- The film didn't have the money to work with ILM so they went with Digital Domain for the CGI
- Utterly wasted Ron Perlman
- For all the poo poo Into Darkness gets, Nemesis is far more of a rehash of Wrath of Khan
- In general the movie spends most of its time aping other, far better movies (lawl at the Excalibur thing)
- Got beat by Maid in Manhattan at the box office on its opening weekend
- Nemesis' failure led to Hardy spiraling further into alcohol and crack addiction

"We need filler, uh...uhm.....have an evil guy mind-rape Troi so that the audience realizes he's evil. After that uh, have him, like, stand around, forever, or just sort of vanish."

:laffo: I love that like the entire dune buggy part exists because Stewart wanted to ride a buggy around. Also Data's noble sacrifice making him gone forever but wait not really because yeah people will totally want to see more of Data or Next Generation at all after this mega-dogshit movie is inflicted upon them.

You're right about Into Darkness too, Berman was talking for months about how Nemesis' villain is amazing and is the new Khan and oh my God Stewart and Hardy's scenes together will be so intense. Their "fight" scene at the end. :lol:

I cannot loving believe how bad that movie is. Like Insurrection is dumb as dogshit too but at its worst it's never lower than the lowest points in the TV series, but Nemesis was some next level bad poo poo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

:laffo: I love that like the entire dune buggy part exists because Stewart wanted to ride a buggy around.
Shatner got to play horse rancher in two Trek movies. Stewart earned his dune buggy ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

Tbh this is sweet.