Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Pixelate posted:

Preen Dog posted:

True to my prediction of CiG deliberately keeping the PU unplayable, threads on the spectrum report dozens of AI ships constantly spawning, bringing the servers to their knees. Days later, not fixed, when commenting one line would probably do it. Somehow they even managed to create a bug that resembles a defective video card, but isn't, because multiple people have reported it.
loving :lol::lol:

I love it when ships become jpegs :D

This issue didn't get the lols it deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Remember when Goat Simulator mocked SC? That was ages ago now.

But it wasn’t mockery, it was a compliment!

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

They might be getting loving dunked on endlessly on twitter, but the faithful are eating this poo poo up wholesale. From the way reddit is going on, you'd think this was a joint venture.

There's seven threads about the SpaceX launch on the front page of reddit right now, and if you go into them more than half the comments seem like half-desperate attempts to link the two projects in some way. The other half are talking about how awesome it's gonna be when CIG adds the roadster to the Sol system as an easter egg, despite CIG not having anything even resembling the Sol system yet.

Don't even get me started on Chris Roberts and the Sol system.

It just reminds me of that extended cut of the Freelancer opening someone posted in this thread where directly after the launch of the colony ships he revealed the alien bad guys of the game and had them destroy the entire Solar System. So Starlancer was pointless because the Alliance lost anyway and the war was pointless because the entire solar system was deleted.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

MoMA has a point: 2011 doesn't really count as dev time since it was literally all done by Crytek to help CIG secure funding.

So from now on we should say "Five years, because Chris Roberts straight up loving lied about having any dev work done in 2011 lmao get a loving refund you idiots" any time we are discussing the dev time.

Maybe just shorten it to "lol" though, cause that's a lot of words.

:perfect:
:laffo::lol::laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I think I'm gonna play some star citizen right now.

*sits behind keyboard and furiously types on message boards*

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, what can I say? guilty as charged.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let's rub!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

homoerotic meme cyber code would be a really good username if I didn't already have the best username.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

no_recall posted:

I'm no bitcoin enthusiast, but can somebody explain in layman terms whats so good about it and why's it so hyped to hell right now?

Also Star Citizen is good, buy an Idris!

But it's not just "people". Bitcoin main demographics are nerds, scammers, druggies, criminals, and libertarians (usually all five packed together in a bundle of joy) so its success was guaranteed. As for what it is or what it does, it doesn't matter as long as you can buy low and sell high.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 7, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I mean nothing is going on so I'm not complaining about the bitcoin chat here but anyone interested in understanding how stupid it really is or making fun of it can come to the GBS mock thread to pool our laughter.

This might be more applicable in two days when the thread devolves into legal semantics and Derek screeching about how someone, somewhere told him something before anyone else knew it and you are unable to properly mock bitcoins here.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Beet Wagon posted:

I remember pledging to the kickstarter right after Freelancer came out in 2003, tbh

Sounds like the best case of “calling it” I’ve heard in a while

You should have blogged about it to make it official.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I mean nothing is going on so I'm not complaining about the bitcoin chat here but anyone interested in understanding how stupid it really is or making fun of it can come to the GBS mock thread to pool our laughter.

This, but visit the actual bitcoin thread in the amber (not green!) forum.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
POVERTY MAKI

1 half cup of rice
1-2 packets of snack seaweed (usually from Korea)
1 tin of tuna
1 tbsp of mayo
some cucumber

1. Boil rice in 3/4 cup of water
2. Let cool
3. Mix tuna and mayo in bowl
4. Place seaweed on plate
5. Spoon some cold rice and flatten
6. Spoon some tuna
7. Add strips of cucumber
8. Roll

Adjust quantities so they fit inside the seaweed roll.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SoftNum posted:

2012 through 2017 is 6 years not 5. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. The Kickstarter claims work have been being done for a year before it was posted.

I'm counting end of 2012, as I thought it was around Oct/nov.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

All the forum surrounding this thread is just a cover for it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm counting end of 2012, as I thought it was around Oct/nov.

Don't act like you know how to count.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So lemme muse about the fated MTD, the Friday of pain foretold many months ago.

Citizens have absolutely convinced themselves through their own ignorance and delusion that the Crytek suit will be dismissed on Friday. I'm a way, they've projected all their feelings towards this little scam into this suit. Packaged neatly into this hearing is simultaneously the total confidence and zeal behind SC and oddly enough all their fears and doubts.

The dismissal of the suit will happen simply because it MUST, because I the backer believe everything I believe about Star Citizen. Crytek in this way represents all the FUD. If the MTD is denied, that both validates the FUD, and brings bubbling to the surface the idea that the backer himself may be wrong about SC.

In reality the 12b6 MTD will be denied because even a layperson can see that there is a claim stated and that claim is a matter for the courts. That's all this in reality, a relatively minor procedural first-step in any non-frivolous/meritorious litigation. It doesn't really mean anything yet in the larger scale beyond that there is a case to be heard here.

BUT a citizen sees this as an attack on Star Citizen, and through narcissistic rage sees the lawsuit as an attack on the self. Even a simple MTD hearing is a titanic struggle of truth vs lie, faith v FUD to invest emotion in.

For these reasons if the MTD is granted it is a massive validation of the product itself for the citizen.

If the MTD is denied basically the sky is falling and it will cause backers to rage so loving hard. Monumental amounts of fear and doubt and anger. We will see every comments section, every subreddit, every thread explode in activity. That means for a weekend we will get to chase that schadenfreud high again, for the last time for a while, until trial at least, inshallah

TLDR Friday :getin:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I have a british recipe :

- Take a strainer
- Go to the toilet and take a poo poo by positioning the strainer under your rear end
- Serve as is to your satisfied guests

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beet Wagon posted:

They might be getting loving dunked on endlessly on twitter, but the faithful are eating this poo poo up wholesale. From the way reddit is going on, you'd think this was a joint venture.

There's seven threads about the SpaceX launch on the front page of reddit right now, and if you go into them more than half the comments seem like half-desperate attempts to link the two projects in some way. The other half are talking about how awesome it's gonna be when CIG adds the roadster to the Sol system as an easter egg, despite CIG not having anything even resembling the Sol system yet.

they most certainly do have a poo poo out of luck system.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Phi230 posted:

I hope someone took care of the mirificus's maintenance so he can bear the charge of friday.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
1) Get some actual tacos
2) Do not put blue cheese on them.
3) Enjoy!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
1 head of cabbage
6 oz olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Hot sauce of your choice

Drizzle olive oil on head of cabbage

Salt the cabbage

Bake cabbage in oven 350 degrees until brown

Slice cabbage into steak-sized slices

Salt, pepper, add hot sauce

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Zzr posted:

I have a britishSA recipe :

- Take a strainer
- Go to the toilet and take a poo poo by positioning the strainer under your rear end
- :justpost:

FIFY YW

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Still sprinting that last mile to the finish Derek? Summer 2012 - full release, right? Let ye without sin yada yada . .

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Virtual Captain posted:

loving :lol::lol:

I love it when ships become jpegs :D

That's some impressive levels of broken.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

peter gabriel posted:

2 ounces of flour
2 ounces of butter
2 ounces of sugar
an egg

2 minutes in microwave = a cake

dont crack the egg

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

1) Get some actual tacos
2) Do not put blue cheese on them.
3) Enjoy!
I tacoed yesterday and I will taco today and I will taco saturday

if everyday I could taco, I would. I would taco everyday

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is just in ladies, gentlemen, and ships: Derek bad, therefore star citizen good.

Keep the faith up!

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Phi230 posted:

If the MTD is denied basically the sky is falling and it will cause backers to rage so loving hard. Monumental amounts of fear and doubt and anger. We will see every comments section, every subreddit, every thread explode in activity. That means for a weekend we will get to chase that schadenfreud high again, for the last time for a while, until trial at least, inshallah

This is really the reasonable thing to hope for:

Accusations of bribery or coersion

Letter writing campaign to the court

Some in-too-deep citizen will probably actually suggest harm to the judge.

An extended campaign of harassment against anything Crytek is tangentially involved with (except Lumberyard)

Maybe even bugging Bezos to save them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

I tacoed yesterday and I will taco today and I will taco saturday

if everyday I could taco, I would. I would taco everyday

Any favorites?

Lately I have been developing a taste for Baja-style fish tacos on THICK nixtamal tortillas. That poo poo is like crack.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Seems pretty accurate.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ryde posted:

Seems pretty accurate.

I know right! Want to Rub?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Drunk Theory posted:

I know right! Want to Rub?

I was just about to ask! :love:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Phi230 posted:

Citizens have absolutely convinced themselves through their own ignorance and delusion that the Crytek suit will be dismissed on Friday. I'm a way, they've projected all their feelings towards this little scam into this suit. Packaged neatly into this hearing is simultaneously the total confidence and zeal behind SC and oddly enough all their fears and doubts.

The dismissal of the suit will happen simply because it MUST, because I the backer believe everything I believe about Star Citizen. Crytek in this way represents all the FUD. If the MTD is denied, that both validates the FUD, and brings bubbling to the surface the idea that the backer himself may be wrong about SC.

In reality the 12b6 MTD will be denied because even a layperson can see that there is a claim stated and that claim is a matter for the courts. That's all this in reality, a relatively minor procedural first-step in any non-frivolous/meritorious litigation. It doesn't really mean anything yet in the larger scale beyond that there is a case to be heard here.

BUT a citizen sees this as an attack on Star Citizen, and through narcissistic rage sees the lawsuit as an attack on the self. Even a simple MTD hearing is a titanic struggle of truth vs lie, faith v FUD to invest emotion in.

For these reasons if the MTD is granted it is a massive validation of the product itself for the citizen.

Ride my fellow goons RIDE!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6kellint2M&t=6s

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
place by me makes a killer shrimp taco, but I'm a fish taco man myself and pair that with some white wine and you got yourself a decent afternoon

got some salmon tacos at another place, was pretty good but ran a little too fancy for me

I'm more of a t-shirt and shorts and flip flops kinda dude which means I can never leave socal or go to anything fancier than a childs pool party

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Phi230 posted:

so get loaded and ride the wave?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

SoftNum posted:

This is really the reasonable thing to hope for:

Accusations of bribery or coersion

Letter writing campaign to the court

Some in-too-deep citizen will probably actually suggest harm to the judge.

An extended campaign of harassment against anything Crytek is tangentially involved with (except Lumberyard)

Maybe even bugging Bezos to save them.

there will be beltdowns

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

5 years. 2012 to end-of-2017 is 5 years.

Still :negative: though

Nah man. You seem to forget once again and rather conveniently I may add, that when Chris decided to beg the internet for money since no publisher would touch him with a ten foot pole he told everyone that he had been working on it for a year prior to that. So which is it? Did it start in 2011 or is Chris a liar? It' cannot be both.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Virtual Captain posted:

Yeah sweet find by Preen Dog.

Commemorate!

Star Citizer: When ships become jpegs

Star Citizer: It's no longer a sphere

Star Citizer: The artifacts, they hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

place by me makes a killer shrimp taco, but I'm a fish taco man myself and pair that with some white wine and you got yourself a decent afternoon

got some salmon tacos at another place, was pretty good but ran a little too fancy for me

I'm more of a t-shirt and shorts and flip flops kinda dude which means I can never leave socal or go to anything fancier than a childs pool party

Ever get to La Jolla? I used to have a house there and there is a restaurant there called Georges on the Cove. The BEST fish tacos in all of California with one of the best views you could ask for.