Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Knack's one melee attack is shorter range than every single enemy's attack, requiring well-planned and timed attacks and quick reflexes. Truly, Knack is a thinking man's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

exquisite tea posted:

It would be pretty awesome if Bluepoint did sneak in one of the long-rumored cut colossi after all...

I feel like this would have been "discovered" by now because people tend to upload and tear through the game files these days.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It will actually just be a Voltron of several colossi stuck together so nobody will be able to datamine it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ooh maybe it’ll unlock that door in the secret tower above the temple

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I really really really really miss being able to climb like BotW

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Rime is really, really good for that style of game, so I would ignore the negative opinions I've seen in this thread (this was a while ago, so maybe people are into it more, but it seems like Knack is the game people are playing), and also ignore a lot of the reviews of the game. It does kind of get into a slog towards the end, but that was probably because I played it in one sitting, and probably deserves more like 2. The later levels are incredible if you've only seen the footage that looks like the box art.. And by "that style of game", I mean Ico, Journey, etc.. 3D puzzle platformer/adventure games where the story is minimal and the game is artsy. I especially enjoyed this game because the "gamefeel" was really solid, platforming is really fun.

Also SotC is still amazing. So is Monster Hunter World.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Fighting the 3rd colossus last night I couldn't help but hear this in my head the entire time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNXPL-KMEAo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imhotep posted:

Rime is really, really good for that style of game, so I would ignore the negative opinions I've seen in this thread (this was a while ago, so maybe people are into it more, but it seems like Knack is the game people are playing), and also ignore a lot of the reviews of the game. It does kind of get into a slog towards the end, but that was probably because I played it in one sitting, and probably deserves more like 2. The later levels are incredible if you've only seen the footage that looks like the box art.. And by "that style of game", I mean Ico, Journey, etc.. 3D puzzle platformer/adventure games where the story is minimal and the game is artsy. I especially enjoyed this game because the "gamefeel" was really solid, platforming is really fun.

Also SotC is still amazing. So is Monster Hunter World.

Rime is boring and the fox has an annoying bark

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I started up Rime on a whim last night after playing a bunch of DBFZ and its a nice chill exploration puzzle game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey so I think I finally found the dark side of going full digital and I'm kind of freaking out about it. Last night my WiFi went down for like an hour and suddenly I couldn't play any of my games. Not just my PS+ games, but Bloodborne, Horizon, TLG were all locked.

Is there really always online DRM for digital purchases? I obviously couldn't restore the licenses without internet either, does this mean my PS4 is useless without internet?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey so I think I finally found the dark side of going full digital and I'm kind of freaking out about it. Last night my WiFi went down for like an hour and suddenly I couldn't play any of my games. Not just my PS+ games, but Bloodborne, Horizon, TLG were all locked.

Is there really always online DRM for digital purchases? I obviously couldn't restore the licenses without internet either, does this mean my PS4 is useless without internet?

That's weird I've never had that issue before. Is it set up as your primary PS4?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Set your PS4 as your primary one in the settings

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Bust Rodd posted:

I forget some of the details, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but your digital game should always work on the PS4 set as your primary, and will work on the account that made the purchase as long as it's online. If your wifi is back, you should fefinitely renew your licenses just in case and make sure that your PS4 is set as your primary.

If it already is, I have no idea what could have gone wrong.

Edit: so beaten, you'd think I'm a stepchild.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Boogalo posted:

I started up Rime on a whim last night after playing a bunch of DBFZ and its a nice chill exploration puzzle game.

6 hours of sad piano/violin later and i lust for the blood of tequilaworks

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rime looks like if someone who draws webcomics tried to make a team ico game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It plays like a bad tlg clone except instead of trico its a worthless ball on legs and in stead of an awesome end its the lamest possible twist

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdPd3PtQBZc

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I still had more fun playing it than Uncharted 4, and the story isn't that bad. I'd rather there be more games like Rime, or games that attempt to rip off Team Ico than other super popular titles that are garbage.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didnt like the uncharted series or horizon zero dawn. i want to play red dead redemption2 and cyberpunk 2077

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I tried playing every uncharted game couldn't finish a single one because of the god drat ridiculous concept of throwing 70 solders at you every 5 seconds. It drove me insane.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok thank god, my brother and I live together and swapped primaries on my Pro and his Poor so we could play each other’s games, that’s a massive relief

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Over There posted:

I tried playing every uncharted game couldn't finish a single one because of the god drat ridiculous concept of throwing 70 solders at you every 5 seconds. It drove me insane.

You must hate playing 90% of video games

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Gigante posted:

Nope, it was just something about it, I have no clue what the issue was. I guess it felt like more of an inconvenience rather than a benefit to the game to me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So PS4 thread, due to my new working hours, I can spend some time with a portable console (switch is out of the question due to price). I own an ancient PSP 2000 wich has a hosed up battery and the screen is bad, both fixes will cost me around 35€. The other option would be getting a 2nd hand PS Vita (80ish €) with at least a 16gb card (so more eurobucks). I own quite a bunch of vita games from PS+ and some ps4 games being crossbuy like unepic, grim fandango, day of the tentacle, neon chrome, Rogue Legacy, Salt&Sanctuary, etc... Fixing my psp2000 is drat cheap but it isn't guaranteed to work for long because you know, it's over a decade old already and hell, I can play on my PC/tablet/phone all the games I owned.

Third option (no cost!) is to just pair one of my two DS4 with my tablet and emulate (tell me if its :files: to talk about this even if I own the games).

Decisions decisions...

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Over There posted:

Nope, it was just something about it, I have no clue what the issue was. I guess it felt like more of an inconvenience rather than a benefit to the game to me.

Don't worry a lot of people have that same issue over this franchise and the latest Tomb Raiders as well. It's mostly due to the fact that the narration is completely at odds with the gameplay. UC4 and LL managed their pacing pretty well which fixed the issue for the most part, give them a try if you haven't.

(one of the achievements for UC4 called "ludonarrative dissonance" is a direct reference to that if you're interested)

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Pretty hosed up that the next game Bluepoint is doing is Knack: Remastered.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pablo Gigante posted:

Tbf 90% of all video games are probably complete garbage and not worth anyone's time anyway

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
All games are good, actually.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Would rather be playing games than bored at work right now tbqh.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

spudsbuckley posted:

Pretty hosed up that the next game Bluepoint is doing is Knack: Remastered.

Yeah, but I hear they’re branching out of remasters and working on a new Bubsy game so that’s probably where they’re prioritizing

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Whoever was in charge of remastering the horse controls in Shadow of the Colossus can suck my rear end

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Seems like the real agro.. is u.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Shredder posted:

Whoever was in charge of remastering the horse controls in Shadow of the Colossus can suck my rear end

I went with classic controls, what's wrong with the new ones for controlling Agro?

jeffLebowski
Mar 6, 2006

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Shredder posted:

it controls exactly like the original game... aka really well? it is a horse. not a car.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You don't need to micromanage Agro too much. Just point him in the direction you want to go and he'll usually avoid any obstacles on his own. For the small passes where he slows down you can just jump off and he'll follow you.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Don't worry a lot of people have that same issue over this franchise and the latest Tomb Raiders as well.

I’ve only played UC4 and LL but I didn’t feel they had this issue as bad as the recent Tomb Raider games which HOLY poo poo JUST CALM DOWN WITH ENEMIES ALREADY

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hmmm I've gone straight from fighting Typhon to fighting on planet Typhon..

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I wonder if it would help if you had more trouble fighting enemies, but there were very few of them. Keeps things somewhat fresh.

I guess its kinda hard when you can just headshot someone.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ve only played UC4 and LL but I didn’t feel they had this issue as bad as the recent Tomb Raider games which HOLY poo poo JUST CALM DOWN WITH ENEMIES ALREADY

Tired: The ludonarrative dissonance of a bookish archaeology student murdering an entire island of paramilitary troops on display is simply absurd and furthermore,
Wired: Yes Lara my queen, spill their blood. Kill kill kill! :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The absolute worst example of too many enemies is the Favela sections of Modern Warfare 2. It was just insanely stupid when you end up mowing down a good thousand Brazilians.