Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Terper posted:

Hey folks, I've made cleared files for all the characters so you can start CS2 with a max AP/level 80+ (Rean's 99, actually)/danced with whoever you want.

Just download the .dat and .bmp of your choice, and go to C:/users/username/Saved Games/FALCOM/ed8 and dump them in there. Rename the files to an open save slot (like, save384.dat) and once CS2 rolls around you should be good to go.

https://mega.nz/#F!Rj4S1KoC!NHcOORk8xI7DyQgu2xEf4A

I thought that in CS2 the only thing it tracked is who was eligible to be danced with. Not who you actually did dance with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Your actual choice affects one tiny little thing during the first boss fight.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Really not enjoying the primordial fights in Ys8. They have far too many hit points, they do too much damage, and there are way too many of them. It wasn't too bad until I go to the bit where I had to fight some who were underwater in a swamp :argh:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ohtsam posted:

I thought that in CS2 the only thing it tracked is who was eligible to be danced with. Not who you actually did dance with.

Thank god deciding between Jusis, Fie, and Sara was the hardest decision of my life.
There are all such good friends.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Snooze Cruise posted:

Thank god deciding between Jusis, Fie, and Sara was the hardest decision of my life.
There are all such good friends.

JUSIS?! What kind of monster picks Jusis over Laura or tiny senpai?!

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Millium is Maybelle from gravity falls. I knew I heard that voice before.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BrightWing posted:

Millium is Maybelle from gravity falls. I knew I heard that voice before.

she's also Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn, and Chloe Price from the original Life is Strange

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Uh, Mabel from Gravity Falls was voiced by Kristen Schaal and I can guarantee you that XSeed did not hire her to voice Millium.

Ignoring the fact that they actually don't sound that similar, beyond being super peppy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Some Numbers posted:

JUSIS?! What kind of monster picks Jusis over Laura or tiny senpai?!

Laura was in the running as well, I just didn't include her in my post because 4 names in a row look kinda bad to me... BUT PLEASE DON'T DISPARAGE JUSIS. He likes horses and fencing and I think he is cool.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

towa is barely less boring then emma. Jusis is cool.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

RevolverDivider posted:

towa is barely less boring then emma.

Not sure if it's not the reverse. Towa WOULD be more interesting than she currently is if, like Emma, she secretly liked boys' love smut because it would mean she and Angelica would get into debates all the time whenever they were alone about whether yaoi or yuri smut was better and Rean would inevitably have a bonding event where he would secretly overhear one of those discussions.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Uh, Mabel from Gravity Falls was voiced by Kristen Schaal and I can guarantee you that XSeed did not hire her to voice Millium.

Ignoring the fact that they actually don't sound that similar, beyond being super peppy.

Kristen Schaal as Millium would rule

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

da beeper king BABY posted:

Kristen Schaal as Millium would rule

With a Louise from Bob's Burger's outfit? Hell yeah.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm in!

I want an oversized sweater with a llama on it too.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Just want some advice for Star Door 5 in Sky 3, how do you beat door's boss on hard difficulty? If you don't remember, it's Analece versus Richard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ryuga Death posted:

Just want some advice for Star Door 5 in Sky 3, how do you beat door's boss on hard difficulty? If you don't remember, it's Analece versus Richard.

I didn't play on hard, but the way I beat him on normal was to sandbag as hard as I could. Use all your items and all your EP on healing spells. Focus on keeping the buff up and bash the crap out of him.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I couldn't real deal appreciable damage without her 50% strength buff and even then I had to pop a last second S-Break to pull it off. Felt good though.

Side thought: I wonder who would win in a 1v1, Rean or Analece. The two eight leaves school users (besides Richard and Cassius but Richard lost to Analece and Cassius can beat anyone 1v1 because he's Cassius)

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 7, 2018

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

I didn't play on hard, but the way I beat him on normal was to sandbag as hard as I could. Use all your items and all your EP on healing spells. Focus on keeping the buff up and bash the crap out of him.

That doesn't seem to work since he does so much damage and even when buffed, I don't do enough to him. Hard difficulty gives me access to Clock Up EX and Clock Down but I can barely get one of those out before I just get smashed.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Your opponent always leads in with his S-craft, so don't lower your own defense immediately. After that, use Petal Dance and lay into him. Only use Eight Leaf Blitz if you have a good amount of CP since you need your self-buff in order to be able to damage him at all, though you CAN use Fallen Leaves to squeeze in extra turns every once in a while if your turn and his line up nicely. You're probably better off not using S-crafts since you need the CP to buff and delay and S-crafts' delay can be dangerous since your opponent will get at least two free turns after it and you can damage him without S-crafts just fine. Use your EP on healing...Anelace is a crappy caster anyway.

Edit: If you have Clock-Down, put it on him. Not sure if I'd also bother with Clock-up Ex, since you don't have a lot of EP and buffs run out kinda quickly.

Erpy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 7, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BrightWing posted:

Side thought: I wonder who would win in a 1v1, Rean or Analece. The two eight leaves school users (besides Richard and Cassius but Richard lost to Analece and Cassius can beat anyone 1v1 because he's Cassius)

Anelace, this isn't a one word reply.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Well you see *pulls out giant chart labelled trails power levels*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you give out something cute as a reward Rean wouldn't even stand a chance.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Hard to put into context. Does Rean use Ogre Mode?

On top of that Sky 3rd is "endgame" Anelace. We have yet to see where Rean ends up at the end of his series unless Anelace herself shows up to tutor him or something. Also is Anelace immune to delay :cheeky:
But in general Anelace is more advanced if it comes down to a pure showdown using the Eight Leaves School.

Don't undersell Richard though. As the game says he perfects the form specializing in defense, which given his in game performance is a bold faced lie, but anyhow. Since his form focus on defending instead of offense comparing him and Anelace based on their duel seems weird.

CVE fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 7, 2018

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Cake Attack posted:

Well you see *pulls out giant chart labelled trails power levels*

The bluh bluh huge nerd in me would legit like to see something like this. I've felt this series does an ok job at equating story power levels into the actual stats a character has. It's not perfect of courseand takes many liberties but it's not completely out of step with the game mechanics.

Though if we went by pure numbers then Class 7 is hella swole considering it doesn't take them long to get to SC numbers at all.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Well don’t we have tita and agate in cs3 to make direct comparisons?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BrightWing posted:

Though if we went by pure numbers then Class 7 is hella swole considering it doesn't take them long to get to SC numbers at all.

In sheer numbers, sure, but in the realm of "getting-poo poo-doneness" Class VII has NOTHING on Estelle and her buddies.

Anything more I say will get into big CS2 spoilers.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The strongest is gilbert. You may not like it but it's true

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

BrightWing posted:

I couldn't real deal appreciable damage without her 50% strength buff and even then I had to pop a last second S-Break to pull it off. Felt good though.

One of these people are invincible, the other isn't.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cake Attack posted:

The strongest is gilbert. You may not like it but it's true

Personally, I don't just like it, I love it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want some more of it, even.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Justin_Brett posted:

One of these people are invincible, the other isn't.

Or is she?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/huri_kiseki/status/961983196840607744

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Dangit I'm in ch 6 still right after the practical (which was awesome). Gotta hurry!

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Dangit I'm in ch 6 still right after the practical (which was awesome). Gotta hurry!

The game has been out for a while and the thread has been quite decent when it comes to spoilers. Instead of trying to make it for the PC release date, just take your time and enjoy it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Especially take your time with Chapter 6; it's one of my favorites and does a lot to tie together the overall plot.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
NISA has an announcement stream planned for tonight.

Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best...

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What are you supposed to do with the sandbag in Zwei Arges?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Yar The Pirate posted:

NISA has an announcement stream planned for tonight.

Prepared for the worst but hoping for the best...

Yeah this makes me afraid.

I'm almost hoping the rumor that Falcom wants to sell CS 3 and 4 as a package is true.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

What are you supposed to do with the sandbag in Zwei Arges?

Use it in the desert area and it unlocks an optional dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sivek posted:

Use it in the desert area and it unlocks an optional dungeon.

Are you supposed to use it in a specific area of the desert or just press use it on while there? I tried to put the sandbag in the water or whatever and it didn't work.