Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pops are confirmed as good.

https://twitter.com/AndrewWK/status/960982352456450057

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The original Andrew WK would never have signed off on that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
Actually Pops are trash, sorry team.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only good thing Funko did were those Disney Afternoon figures. I hate to admit but those were pretty great and they look nice with the old Playmates figures I have.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NendoVsFunko/status/832930791344787457

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar
Oh hey while I'm here, anybody interested in buying the four TMNT Classics figures from me?

Sorry for the lovely pic, they're at my office cube and hard to get a picture of.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Louisgod posted:

Oh hey while I'm here, anybody interested in buying the four TMNT Classics figures from me?

Sorry for the lovely pic, they're at my office cube and hard to get a picture of.

That’s too many toys for an office cube, and I say that as someone who once had an “I Want to Believe” poster in his office.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rirse posted:

The only good thing Funko did were those Disney Afternoon figures. I hate to admit but those were pretty great and they look nice with the old Playmates figures I have.

Excuse me

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That’s amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That would look great in my fireplace.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

POPs are good!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't like pops. They're boring, dull, lifeless...and they get everywhere.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Honestly, the Figure-rise Krillin is kinda better in terms of aesthetic and scale compared to the actual release. The FR kits all fail when it comes to anything with hair but for the bald figures they're actually great.

For some reason I don't like the way the figurerise stuff looks and I have some weird OCD about completionism so it's gotta be figuarts for me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I used to really enjoy building gundams so I may try figurerise in the future just for fun.

Fuzz posted:

I also have a Datong Frieza which I'd be willing to part with for cheap, it's actually quite good and the only reason I got the legit Frieza despite the PC coming soon (which I'm also getting) is because I saw a ridiculous deal for him on Facebook and the seller was reliable. Got him complete in box for $120 shipped.

Still on the lookout for 17 and 18, and debating an FR or an actual Krillin. They're all way too expensive, hence I'm mostly just biding my time. FR androids don't look good next to SHF, the scale is off.

I have thought about datong Frieza but with the Reborn Frieza coming out I'll probably just wait. Kinda bummed that the new one won't come with the rock accessory but I might go datong just for that some time in the future. I can't remember when I managed to snag 17 and 18 but I'm glad I did considering how much their price has spiked.

Thanks to everybody else for posting their collections! Glad to know there are more of us out there. Currently I'm rocking:

Shenron
God Goku
Awakening Goku
Base Goku
Nappa
Scouter Vegeta
Yamcha
Tenshinhan
PC SSJ Vegeta
PC Trunks
SSJ Gohan
Piccolo
SSJ Goku
SSJ Gohan battle damage
Saiyan Armor Trunks
SSJ Vegeta 2.0
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Cell
Vegito
SSJ3 Goku 2.0

Got Kid Goku on pre-order. Pretty committed to the rest of the pre-orders for this year though for financial reasons I'll probably just place them month to month. I'm a huge Gotenks fan so the fact that he's coming out fulfills my wildest dreams. Also helps that Buu is coming out as well; I have my detolf set up roughly by saga and my Buu saga shelf is pretty bare.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

JoeGlassJAw posted:

For some reason I don't like the way the figurerise stuff looks and I have some weird OCD about completionism so it's gotta be figuarts for me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I used to really enjoy building gundams so I may try figurerise in the future just for fun.

I have thought about datong Frieza but with the Reborn Frieza coming out I'll probably just wait. Kinda bummed that the new one won't come with the rock accessory but I might go datong just for that some time in the future. I can't remember when I managed to snag 17 and 18 but I'm glad I did considering how much their price has spiked.

Thanks to everybody else for posting their collections! Glad to know there are more of us out there. Currently I'm rocking:

Shenron
God Goku
Awakening Goku
Base Goku
Nappa
Scouter Vegeta
Yamcha
Tenshinhan
PC SSJ Vegeta
PC Trunks
SSJ Gohan
Piccolo
SSJ Goku
SSJ Gohan battle damage
Saiyan Armor Trunks
SSJ Vegeta 2.0
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Cell
Vegito
SSJ3 Goku 2.0

Got Kid Goku on pre-order. Pretty committed to the rest of the pre-orders for this year though for financial reasons I'll probably just place them month to month. I'm a huge Gotenks fan so the fact that he's coming out fulfills my wildest dreams. Also helps that Buu is coming out as well; I have my detolf set up roughly by saga and my Buu saga shelf is pretty bare.

My Datong came with the rock and all of its parts can be put on the legit Frieza, though I can't promise the same for the new one since the skintone will be way different. Yours for cheap if you want it.

It sucks that the PC version isn't getting the same heads, but then again it's coming with one new head so that's something.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have a legit Frieza 1.0. Is the 2.0 one that much of an improvement that it's worth getting? I don't need him to have an angel halo honestly.

I don't know if I want to replace my base form Goku, either. The new body is better, but I think the original Goku is fine even though he looks like he's wearing a diaper. I would rather upgrade SSJ1 Goku because I have the original with the yellow manga coloring and not the orange gi that matches the other figures.

Those early figures like Goku and Piccolo are based on the manga and not the anime, and I actually prefer the DBZ manga over the show, but I just like my figures to match. There's SDCC versions but they're expensive and not worth it I think. The manga is black and white 90% of the time anyway and when it does have color it's limited.

I am seriously considering replacing my original SSJ1 Vegeta with the new one though. It's only like $45.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

I am seriously considering replacing my original SSJ1 Vegeta with the new one though. It's only like $45.

You should, it's amazing. Same for Scouter.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Fuzz posted:

You should, it's amazing. Same for Scouter.

Sounds like I plan. I have the Scouter Vegeta 2.0, I never got the original one. Scouter Vegeta 2.0 comes with an extra head with black hair, but it doesn't fit on the original without loosely spinning around. It's tempting to have two Vegetas in his Cell Saga armor - one Super Saiyan and one powered down. It's his most iconic outfit I'd say, and it's what he usually wears in Super, too.

That said Majin Vegeta is also coming out so I don't need that many Vegetas.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I’d say the 2.0 Freeza is a lot better sculpted, especially the shoulders, but I don’t think it’s really worth it if you have the 1.0.

The 2.0 base Goku seems 100% worth it since it’s a lot cheaper and has his ‘Go’ kanji and you can always just pop the SSJ head onto the old base Goku for anime specific coloring.

I’m dying for a Krillin, all 3 Androids, Cell, scouter and blue Vegeta, Black, Yamcha and Tenshinhan. That’s like...$500 easily right there, even if they re-release the out of production ones at retail price. Too many dragon ballz.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

That said Majin Vegeta is also coming out so I don't need that many Vegetas.

What is this nonsense, you can never have enough Vegetas. :smugbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Fuzz posted:

What is this nonsense, you can never have enough Vegetas. :smugbert:

It's true, Vegeta is the best character. Vegeta rules, Goku drools.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.ulani.co/products/dragon-ball-z-dead-yamcha-pvc-collection-action-figures-toys

Nope. This is the pinnacle of DBZ figs. :colbert:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fuckin hell back in my day Super Battle Collection figures with 3 points of articulation were good enough

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is it me or does this look like Nicholas Cage?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

^^^: Sure does!

I just got my first few DBZ figs this weekend! I like them alot so far:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Is it me or does this look like Nicholas Cage?

That's such a bizarre sculpt.Only the bottom half of his face has an expression. With the really neutral eyes it looks totally unnatural.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

^^^: Sure does!

I just got my first few DBZ figs this weekend! I like them alot so far:

Those are such great figures. If only all shows could have something of this caliber.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man this is a good time for Dragon Ball figures. Between figuarts, figure rose models, and the Bandai American line we getting a lot of options. Just hope it keeps on the three.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Recently got these three in:

Completely forgot I even had the Darth Maul on preorder.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My wife bought me the Marvel Select Ragnarok Hulk. Pretty drat good figure. Big and detailed. I’m glad now that i didn’t pay eBay prices for the BAF.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of which I still need to finish that BAF. I have all the pieces but the head (didn't want movie Thor), and my original plan was to put the broken Marvel Legends 1 Hulk on it, as it was a great head sculpt, but gave up since I had to do a lot of drilling to fit it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Did anyone miss out on Marvel Select Spectacular Spider-Man? It was the one from 2016 that's a classic red and blue Spidey with good articulation, big eyes, a swappable Peter Parker head, four sets of hands, and a camera with a neck strap. I have a loose one, clean and in perfect condition, I'd love to sell for $20 plus shipping. (I paid close to $30 for it new.)

As for BAF parts, I have the Sandman leg that came with Shocker, the Vulture wing thruster that came with Beetle, and Ares' shield that came with movie Wonder Woman, in case anyone needs those.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

That is a statue sir, not a figure. he has no articulation!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

If anyone comes across the upcoming Psylocke figure and can pick it up for me, I'd be very appreciative. I wanna start putting out feelers early since I'm still reeling from never seeing Dark Phoenix in stores.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

If anyone comes across the upcoming Psylocke figure and can pick it up for me, I'd be very appreciative. I wanna start putting out feelers early since I'm still reeling from never seeing Dark Phoenix in stores.

That wave’s likely not going to hit shelves until mid to late summer (some think August is the street date) so you have plenty of time. We’ll likely know more next week during Toy Fair.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Agrias120 posted:

I'm getting a case and may or may not keep her, I'll let you know.

I'm gonna do an effort post with a bunch of figs I'm gonna offload, including BAF pieces. Don't wanna bother with eBay or other poo poo, but a short list would be:

Cable (Jugg wave)
Prowler
Spider Woman (the upcoming one)
Rocket (v1 movie version)
Lasher
Colossus (maybe)
Civil War Cap (3 pack damaged one, with shield)
Maria Hill (complete, with guns)
Nick Fury (same)
Shirtless Iron Fist (maybe)
White Iron Fist (maybe)
Batman TAS Expression Pack

And then a shitload of BAF pieces for poo poo like Hobgoblin, Ultimate Green Goblin, Ant Man, Odin, and Warlock.

I'd only sell them if complete, unless people want partials. I hate selling an incomplete figure, though I don't count the BAF as part of the "complete" figure, maybe that makes me an rear end in a top hat? I dunno, seems the standard.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 8, 2018

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Drowning Rabbit posted:

That is a statue sir, not a figure. he has no articulation!

I would argue that he indeed has articulation. Precisely as much as he did in the scene upon which the figure was taken from.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Lasher

I'll take this guy.

I don't know why I like the symbiotes so much, I never read anything about them when I was a kid, I only had the four or five from the old Toy Biz line (Scream, Lasher, Venom, etc.) but there's something about owning all of them that takes me back. I have Venom, Toxin, Anti-Venom, Carnage and Flash Venom, and the upcoming Venom Legends wave rumored list will just add to that.

Also, as an aside, some people think Hasbro's going to lift the Deadpool Legends street date. I have loose Cable, Deathlok and Domino pre-ordered on Dorkside but will gladly pay anybody back if people stumble upon them in stores sooner than later.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

From the new Deadpool wave I only really want Domino and Cable, I think. I have to look at the rest of the Apocalypse X-Men wave to see what I'm not keeping... I'm so over hunting down BAF pieces on eBay, way easier to just get the case and sell the figures I don't want. Lasher will be all yours.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

I'll take this guy.

I don't know why I like the symbiotes so much, I never read anything about them when I was a kid, I only had the four or five from the old Toy Biz line (Scream, Lasher, Venom, etc.) but there's something about owning all of them that takes me back. I have Venom, Toxin, Anti-Venom, Carnage and Flash Venom, and the upcoming Venom Legends wave rumored list will just add to that.

Also, as an aside, some people think Hasbro's going to lift the Deadpool Legends street date. I have loose Cable, Deathlok and Domino pre-ordered on Dorkside but will gladly pay anybody back if people stumble upon them in stores sooner than later.
I’d put a claim on Lasher a few pages upthread when Fuzz first mentioned he was looking to offload him. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I would argue that he indeed has articulation. Precisely as much as he did in the scene upon which the figure was taken from.

:vince: