Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gravity_Storm posted:

Was about to write a prediction post for space court and then realised i don't care about either of these terrible companies. They are both awful.

Show me your cattes.

This is my problem as well.

I’m looking forward to both of them linearly ruining each other, with failure at every step of the way.

No matter who loses I’ll be glad of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

XK posted:

What is the absolute most amount of money one could spend on whatever Derek's current game is? Buying every whatever, with no overlaps. Are there any subscriptions? Literally looking for a real $ figure.

Whatever the amount I wonder which one is easier to get a refund from.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I like the bit where Star Citizen compare themselves to the work SpaceX is doing, only that SpaceX didn't need to create a Universe.

I'd say they were being jovial, but I think we all know they're not.

I hope CIG start to feel stupid.

I hope backers wake up and say “wait a second here” and lights go on upstairs in their head and they realize that they have been, just maybe, perhaps, loving conned.

Chances are low though. But oh well! :cheers:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's mostly just weird seeing the Star Citizen twitter doing something other than asking everyone to reminisce about stuff that won't be coming out.

Where were you when SpaceX launches their rocket in our alpha of a game that’s taken over twice the money and provided almost nothing to its contributors? Were you watching one of our YouTube marketing videos? Ok.

We know what you weren’t doing though: playing Star Citizen! Hahaha!

Oh wait

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Chris should've paid SpaceX to have a HD containing SC so he could claim it's finally launched.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Phi230 posted:

1 head of cabbage
6 oz olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Hot sauce of your choice

Drizzle olive oil on head of cabbage

Salt the cabbage

Bake cabbage in oven 350 degrees until brown

Slice cabbage into steak-sized slices

Salt, pepper, add hot sauce

What in the ever loving gently caress are you doing.

I wouldn't feed that to a vegan let alone a friend or myself.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

IcarusUpHigh posted:

I like the bit where Star Citizen compare themselves to the work SpaceX is doing, only that SpaceX didn't need to create a Universe.

That complete lack of perspective the SC twitterer shows here...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

grimcreaper posted:

What in the ever loving gently caress are you doing.

I wouldn't feed that to a vegan let alone a friend or myself.

You come up with some fun poo poo when you can't afford food

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Space delusions won't make your children call you, Citizen 'Grandpa'

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I love how the SC Twitter, and popular fans of SC only get a few dozen likes at best

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
REDACTED is live

Literally the first thing I heard when clicking was Twerk and WTFO talking about the interior of the Idris as a combat environment. The discussion was whether or not it would make a good FPS map, and the ghost of Beer4theBeerGod haunted the conversation as both of them noted "the interior needs to be designed with FPS needs in mind".

If CIG hadn't deleted their forums, I'd link to his many years old and quite prophetic post about the need for ships to be designed with FPS combat needs in mind. 3+ years later, the Heretic's conclusions are on the lips of the Evangelists, yet this design imperative never once crossed Chris's mind as ships endured endless redesigns, revamps, and refinements.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Another nightmare over. Operation Pitchfork logo has been chosen.

You can rest easy now.

Operation Leaf Rake

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

pretty sure Wesley got busted for this sort of thing

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Colostomy Bag posted:

You can rest easy now.
Aim for the Moons. If you miss a deadline, you may hit a funding goal.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

ChaseSP posted:

Chris should've paid SpaceX to have a HD containing SC so he could claim it's finally launched.

:five::vince::five:

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

peter gabriel posted:

I made a meme it is calamity chris

:five:

mocaps

mocaps again

dislikes publishing companies

makes 16

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Colostomy Bag posted:

You can rest easy now.

One-eyed sad face...

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Gets in your hair. In your mouth. Everywhere it can go!

Is that the kind of language you where using on that fateful night you where flirting with the Costa Concordia?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Because there isn't anything else.

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

none of them give you the sandbox, open-world, mmo feel that SC will.

"What is projection, Alex"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

IcarusUpHigh posted:

The universe has a little more than a hundred worlds, and they inherited a physics engine.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

5, you meant 5 worlds.

Currently no worlds, just some moons.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

is he even trying anymore?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

tooterfish posted:

It's a proof of concept for decentralised peer to peer currency that sort of works but for real life use has poor scalability and transaction speed and it's deflationary by design to boot (i.e. it's the opposite of everything that money needs to be) but someone with pull in the media must have quite a stockpile because it occasionally gets hyped for what is a pretty loving blatant pump and dump scheme.

That's blockchain which actually has legitimate uses, but is merely a verification system to indicate the truthiness of a transaction in the chain. Then someone threw a complex algorithm on that produces a block that verifies on the chain, and a whole lotta nerds lose their poo poo.

Problem being that you can attack blockchain; some of the cryptocurrencies are monkeying with their chains, and it doesn't provide for any anonymity given that meta data exists and leaks.

Crytocurrency enthusiasts talk about freeing things up and liberalising currency, but they're usually on the anarchist end of the spectrum and forget that the state has the keys to the kingdom, as evinced by China withdrawing from Crypto (money laundering is a thing, and they've been alarmed by the growth in power use that isn't industrial) and Turkey/Russia embracing the gently caress out of it.

And yeah, it's actually a lovely commidity that is easily lifted with no regulation.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

homoerotic meme cyber code would be a really good username if I didn't already have the best username.

That thread really was something else

Preen Dog
Nov 8, 2017

Hav posted:

commidity

Comedity

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Phi230 posted:

If the MTD is denied basically the sky is falling and it will cause backers to rage so loving hard. Monumental amounts of fear and doubt and anger. We will see every comments section, every subreddit, every thread explode in activity. That means for a weekend we will get to chase that schadenfreud high again, for the last time for a while, until trial at least, inshallah

TLDR Friday :getin:

No way. Those people rationalize that the jesus patch is always around the corner. If the MTD is denied they'll rationalize it as well. All according to plan, you see. It was totally expected.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Phi230 posted:

So lemme muse about the fated MTD, the Friday of pain foretold many months ago.

Citizens have absolutely convinced themselves through their own ignorance and delusion that the Crytek suit will be dismissed on Friday. I'm a way, they've projected all their feelings towards this little scam into this suit. Packaged neatly into this hearing is simultaneously the total confidence and zeal behind SC and oddly enough all their fears and doubts.

The dismissal of the suit will happen simply because it MUST, because I the backer believe everything I believe about Star Citizen. Crytek in this way represents all the FUD. If the MTD is denied, that both validates the FUD, and brings bubbling to the surface the idea that the backer himself may be wrong about SC.

In reality the 12b6 MTD will be denied because even a layperson can see that there is a claim stated and that claim is a matter for the courts. That's all this in reality, a relatively minor procedural first-step in any non-frivolous/meritorious litigation. It doesn't really mean anything yet in the larger scale beyond that there is a case to be heard here.

BUT a citizen sees this as an attack on Star Citizen, and through narcissistic rage sees the lawsuit as an attack on the self. Even a simple MTD hearing is a titanic struggle of truth vs lie, faith v FUD to invest emotion in.

For these reasons if the MTD is granted it is a massive validation of the product itself for the citizen.

If the MTD is denied basically the sky is falling and it will cause backers to rage so loving hard. Monumental amounts of fear and doubt and anger. We will see every comments section, every subreddit, every thread explode in activity. That means for a weekend we will get to chase that schadenfreud high again, for the last time for a while, until trial at least, inshallah

TLDR Friday :getin:

lol you must be new to backer logic.

If MTD is denied, they will fall back to the next in an infinite queue of rationalizations. Next up: Assume that CryTek will get trounced in court and CIG will enrich themselves from the counter-suit.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zzr posted:

I have a british recipe :

- Take a strainer
- Go to the toilet and take a poo poo by positioning the strainer under your rear end
- Serve as is to your satisfied guests

Best back up that AV if you're going to have a go at the only legit empire after the Romans.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

He's right, you know.

Every day when you thought people would still not be this dumb, CIG breaks new ground in that area. Every step is one closer to some tax-free haven and it's going to be awesome when they can kick back on a beach in the Maldives, no longer having to worry about the stupid backers (but instead about accidentally showing support for the opposition party).

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

This took barely any work. Their faces matched almost perfectly.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beexoffel posted:

That complete lack of perspective the SC twitterer shows here...

In the words of the best marketer ever since she was a little girl, it filters from the top.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

5, you meant 5 worlds.

Currently no worlds, just some moons.

I'm taking a leaf from the MoMa book and just believing, contrary to any evidence, that they'll complete a stretch goal.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

thatguy posted:

This took barely any work. Their faces matched almost perfectly.

Jesus Christ.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Hav posted:

That's blockchain which actually has legitimate uses, but is merely a verification system to indicate the truthiness of a transaction in the chain. Then someone threw a complex algorithm on that produces a block that verifies on the chain, and a whole lotta nerds lose their poo poo.

But even this problem isn't solved usefully. It's not like the miner has selected the "best" or "most appropriate" configuration. The longest chain isn't the one that includes the most transactions or whatever. It's just whoever solved the dumb math first. Hell one pool used too not submit ANY transactions (adding transactions takes time and time is bitcoins). it's like the worst, most wasteful way to solve this problem.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hav posted:

That's blockchain which actually has legitimate uses

No. Blockchain has no uses. None.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

lolbertarian.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Preen Dog posted:

Holy poo poo there's more polygon goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HB8WQ9jHh4

Awww, this game. So long as citizen's keep sacrificing themselves, it will give unto us the lols.

I have primly hidden further evidence here. For those that like big bitmaps, and cannot lie:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SoftNum posted:

is he even trying anymore?

He hasn't tried for at least a decade by now.

Jim Davis spends more effort in his comic strip.