Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heliogabalos posted:

cute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Z1-smRsoU

note the people in helmets and gear staring at one point

I think not wearing trousers and a shirt is unnecessarily limiting your movement, especially descending. Unless you really like scratches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The Slow Mo Guys have a new show on youtube called The Super Slow Show. It's okay. However, a recent episode is really cool. It's about sumo wrestlers. I never really thought about sumo wrestling since it doesn't have much cultural presence here, so I guess I always assumed it was just two fat guys slamming into each other. It's actually super cool though. These guys have a body type you don't really see anywhere else where they somehow have huge muscles underneath enormous amounts of fat. Check out this clip from battle between Yama (bun) and Byamba (bald).

Those slaps look weak, especially considering how Yama reacts to them. He almost looks like he's laughing as they bounce off of his chest. Now let's see it again in slow motion.

Good lord. Every one of those slaps would knock me flat on my rear end. Yama took more than 10 of them in 2 seconds and hardly moved an inch! These are some true athletes.

While most of the stuff that happens in The Super Slow Show doesn't really gain anything by being filmed in slow motion, this one is really neat. Plus, slow-mo footage of people exerting themselves always provides the funniest faces.

I would like to conclude this post by saying that Imgur's video to gif tool should allow you to type in the start and end times, and also requesting more badass sumo wrestling pics, gifs, and videos.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I remember watching sumo on ESPN2 back in college when the channel would show all sorts of weird sporting events & our friends really got into it.

Sumo is cool.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Mr Bryant decorates some cakes. Reading, Berkshire, 1959

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2uCDv_xzuA

Tiny bit more video of Mr Bryant here

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Ariong posted:

Those slaps look weak, especially considering how Yama reacts to them. He almost looks like he's laughing as they bounce off of his chest. Now let's see it again in slow motion.

Good lord. Every one of those slaps would knock me flat on my rear end. Yama took more than 10 of them in 2 seconds and hardly moved an inch!

You could sneeze on that guy and all that body fat would roll away in the same way. Sure they are strong as poo poo but that's a lovely way to 'prove' it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Maybe they're trying to show that having a lot of loose fat acts like crumple zones on a car to reduce internal injuries?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fellblade posted:

You could sneeze on that guy and all that body fat would roll away in the same way. Sure they are strong as poo poo but that's a lovely way to 'prove' it.
Goon understands how massive amounts of body fat works; more at 11.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Maybe they're trying to show that having a lot of loose fat acts like crumple zones on a car to reduce internal injuries?

Gonna start telling fat chicks they have crumple zones to help withstand impact, wish me luck

I guess that's what "more cushion for the pushin'" meant all along

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Or maybe it's sorta like how Hyenas have loose skin on their hindquarters so that if another animal chomps on their rear end their skin has enough give to allow them to twist around and bite back.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Gonna start telling fat chicks they have crumple zones to help withstand impact, wish me luck

I guess that's what "more cushion for the pushin'" meant all along

Good luck, it made me happy so hopefully you have success with the ladies.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Ariong posted:

sumo stuff

This part lol

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

weg posted:

This part lol

I don't think we can fault the man, that's an awesome set of tits

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

weg posted:

This part lol

Everyone here seems to be enjoying themselves an awful lot *buries self in tits while partner grins approvingly*

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

weg posted:

This part lol

I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/Nl3J9xF.mp4

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think not wearing trousers and a shirt is unnecessarily limiting your movement, especially descending. Unless you really like scratches.

Do these guys think melanoma is fake news?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I only believe in diseases championed by Wilford Brimley personally

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is that a noise show?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Melanoma is a hoax pushed by Big Skin! :argh:

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

This rules

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Capt.Whorebags posted:

No silly, it's a tiny cantaloupe

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PE14kP7gr8

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is performance art in the best way possible.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
:black101:

https://twitter.com/strangeanimais/status/963044291969998848

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
A most definitely badass IMDB profile:

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Mindless posted:

A most definitely badass IMDB profile:

For a brief second all I saw was "Pat Roach", a birth AND death date, and thought the reaper had come to reunite Randy and Mr. Lahey.

https://i.imgur.com/TsaBNYu.gif

Frig off, death.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This is the coolest thing I have ever seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBSkq-_St8

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dick Trauma posted:

The creator posted in the comments that they're working on a singer robot. This is going to own even harder. :awesomelon:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The creator posted in the comments that they're working on a singer robot. This is going to own even harder. :awesomelon:

absolutely amazing. what a shame none of the members of motorhead lived to see this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In a twist of absolute irony, building a robot to play a synthesizer is going to be the hardest one to build because there are just so.......wait, sequencers already exist...ahem Once again industrial music has been paving the way for the future of all robot bands!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

ladron posted:

absolutely amazing. what a shame none of the members of motorhead lived to see this.

Its okay, they didn't live to see the day their jobs got replaced by automation.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I'm not a fan of motorhead, so it could just be that the song is supposed to sound like that, but listening to those robots play I couldn't identify a single thing I would call music. Is it a "close enough to count if your a big fan" type thing?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
ok DAD

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lechtansi posted:

I'm not a fan of motorhead, so it could just be that the song is supposed to sound like that, but listening to those robots play I couldn't identify a single thing I would call music. Is it a "close enough to count if your a big fan" type thing?

It's not mixed so the drums overpower the rest, and the vocals are missing.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lechtansi posted:

Some of the related videos of the same robots make it easier to tell.

I can't stop laughing at the head-banging mechanisms.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Some of the related videos of the same robots make it easier to tell.

I can't stop laughing at the head-banging mechanisms.

They could have at least had the Lemmybot hold his head pointing straight up.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

They could have at least had the Lemmybot hold his head pointing straight up.

Should have glued a CoCoa Puff to the side of it's face too.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Dick Trauma posted:

You should check out Captured! By Robots then. Who did this same thing 20+ years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Lechtansi posted:

listening to those robots play I couldn't identify a single thing I would call music.

I know, the resemblance is uncanny