Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYn480INSAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dammit. I may just have to start playing Injustice 2 again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It seems like they're all separate characters with assist specials and a shared super.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What an excellent win animation

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

It seems like they're all separate characters with assist specials and a shared super.

I read something earlier that says it'll depend on your loadout. ie you pick the weapon and that'll determine which turtle you are

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I read something earlier that says it'll depend on your loadout. ie you pick the weapon and that'll determine which turtle you are

Works for me. I am so loving jacked to get a PS4.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Roth posted:

What an excellent win animation

It's cool...but crude.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just like the Turtles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Just like the Turtles.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I figured so, but it's been like 25 fuckin' years, man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I am so glad i'm waiting for the GOTY edition. I'd hate to spend the money to get all the DLC, and I totally would.

While I saw MvsC Infinite for $20 new at Xmas and didn't even think about picking it up. What a lazy cash in, they just took 3 removed the mutants and slapped a few characters in without bothering to change anything else.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

twistedmentat posted:

Man I am so glad i'm waiting for the GOTY edition. I'd hate to spend the money to get all the DLC, and I totally would.

While I saw MvsC Infinite for $20 new at Xmas and didn't even think about picking it up. What a lazy cash in, they just took 3 removed the mutants and slapped a few characters in without bothering to change anything else.

They changed the lighting effects! Now it looks way uglier and much harder to distinguish characters from certain backgrounds.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MasterWuggles/status/961348441900240897

GOD

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You're this far in and only just realised that NetherRealm is composed of gigantic nerds?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
https://www.cbr.com/rumor-open-world-superman-game-arkhamverse/

Long rumored Superman sequel to Arkham series.

Made by Rocksteady

Unreal Engine 4

Big open world Metropolis (about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight with a lot more buildings)

Can’t play as Clark Kent

Main villain is Brainiac

Nerfed Superman (TAS Levels)

Semi-destructible environments(think AK, no buildings are falling over)

Combat system integrates the flying (kind of like DBZ, you can punch someone then zoom towards them and repeat)

Set within the Arkhamverse

Tons of easter eggs to Superman’s lore, and some to the events that took place in the Batman Arkham Franchise

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
He's still got the dumb no-underpants-on-the-oustide look; no purchase.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Nilbop posted:

He's still got the dumb no-underpants-on-the-oustide look; no purchase.

He does? That's a picture from Injustice 2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah this game doesn't officially exist at this point, do you think we're gonna get jpegs this glossy?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Like it matters; it’s an Arkham game, he’ll have 20 costumes

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I'll be pissed if they ignore the Age of Wonder suit yet again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess this is closer to my dream open world sandbox superhero game. Like GTA but you're Iron Man or something. You can just scoot around looking for trouble, random stuff will pop up you can do, plus missions that you can do whenever you want.

Yes I know there are Iron Man mods for GTAV.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Actually the Lego Marvel Super Heroes games are literally that, just with Lego dudes instead of regular dudes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or just play Spider-Man 2 again, as god intended

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I guess this is closer to my dream open world sandbox superhero game. Like GTA but you're Iron Man or something. You can just scoot around looking for trouble, random stuff will pop up you can do, plus missions that you can do whenever you want.

This is what the trailer for Anthem looked like but I’m sure it’ll be disappointing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nilbop posted:

Actually the Lego Marvel Super Heroes games are literally that, just with Lego dudes instead of regular dudes.

Yea, that's what I want, just not in lego.

Aphrodite posted:

This is what the trailer for Anthem looked like but I’m sure it’ll be disappointing.

Anthem looked like Destiny with power armor and its going to ruin Bioware.

EDIT: Ruin it even more.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I don't understand why you'd make a Superman game, and then make him less powerful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

So you want Saints Row 4?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/7/17326678/fortnite-avengers-crossover-thanos

Thanos is coming to fortnite tomorrow. What that means is supposedly you find the infinity gauntlet on the map and you become Thanos. I'm guessing you'll wipe out half the competing players when you are him.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Superman Returns had an interesting concept where you were invincible but Metropolis was the one with a health bar. I could see that getting refined and expanded in an actual good game.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

If they get Clancy Brown to voice Lex Luthor, it's a day one purchase.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dan Didio posted:

I don't understand why you'd make a Superman game, and then make him less powerful.

Less Powerful in that he is not on the level of his stupidly powerful versions. AKA he is at the level were there are quite a few things capable of challenging him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 7, 2018

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Less Powerful in that he is not on the level of his stupidly powerful versions. AKA he is at the level were there are quite a few things capable of challenging him.

All you have to do is give him the level of powers as he is starting out, where he can take a bullet but not a full on assault because it hurts him just enough he has to regroup. Don't give him the strength to punch planet but enough power to where if he hits a normal man they rag doll. Done.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Diabetic posted:

All you have to do is give him the level of powers as he is starting out, where he can take a bullet but not a full on assault because it hurts him just enough he has to regroup. Don't give him the strength to punch planet but enough power to where if he hits a normal man they rag doll. Done.

Exactly.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sounds boring.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What you're describing is a DBZ game where Goku can't go super saiyan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lurdiak posted:

We had some of those. Some were quite fun.

Superman while powerful has never been the strongest in the DC Universe. There were plenty of beings more powerful then him. And there were machines and tech capable of hurting him. (Along with him having no immunity to magic.)

There was an animated series game that I had quite a bit of fun with with. Superman: Shadow of Apokolips that while having quite a few flaws, I feel more or less did the powerlevel of Superman right. He was strong, fast, had a bunch of superpowers. For the Mooks of the game they used Robots created by Lex Luthor armed with Apokoliptian weapons. The Weapons of Apokolips being good enough to actually harm Superman. (There is a prison break later in the game were you fight normal human enemies, they are incapable of hurting you and go down in a single punch, while the Interbots can generally take punch or two before being destroyed.) For the villains of the game they used three that were capable of fighting Superman. Livewire, Parasite and Metallo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lurdiak posted:

So, Dragon Ball Advance, which was an excellent game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

So you want Saints Row 4?

Saints Row has super powers and an open world, but its not exactly a super hero game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Saints Row has super powers and an open world, but its not exactly a super hero game.

You played as a puckish rogue who quipped a ton and killed evil invading aliens with guns and fireballs. You're basically indistinguishable from an Avenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Saints Row 3 was a much more accurate depiction of being an Avenger on account of you invade a helicarrier and get a flying motorcycle

Dan Didio posted:

Sounds boring.

how is a game where the only things that can feasibly hurt you are Doomsday, Darkseid, and Kryptonite any less boring?

I have a lot of faith in Rocksteady (I even like Arkham City and Knight, which according to some people are colossal disappointments that invalidate any achievements they've ever made) but I have a hard time picturing a good Superman game. But if anyone can do it...

...It's probably either them or the guy who made Zone of the Enders 2

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 9, 2018