Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

NRS fans are legit insane. Throughout MKX the amount of tweets en masse about "PLS PUT SAREENA IN" was mental

Yeah but at least Sareena is an MK character

yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
are we getting TMNT this month or next?

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Each Turtle gets their own dialogue. Pretty nifty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buIsWXnTkLY

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I've literally never had a pizza that stretches like that. It's been my childhood dream to have a pizza do that thanks to watching TMNT as a lad.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

PureRok posted:

I've literally never had a pizza that stretches like that. It's been my childhood dream to have a pizza do that thanks to watching TMNT as a lad.

lotsa muzz

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/960944790375411715

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KOMI posted:

Each Turtle gets their own dialogue. Pretty nifty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buIsWXnTkLY

dis is gonna be awesome

PureRok posted:

plenty of NYC pizzas here potentially have that stretch. Pizza Hut pizza does that sometimes too (Pizza Hut is the official TMNT pizza or at least used to be)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/960944046687612928

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The look on his face when he high-fives himself is priceless.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/961238980082716672

dear god they look so loving cool. loving love the cartoon throwback with Raph's "cool but crude" pizza splat.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

IT'S COOL BUT RUDE

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mattavist posted:

IT'S COOL BUT RUDE

lol gently caress. see you at 4pm EST everyone!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Shiiiiiiiiiiit that looks awesome

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Why am I so deeply amused by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beating the poo poo out of DC Characters? I don't even LIKE the turtles.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Helion posted:

Why am I so deeply amused by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles beating the poo poo out of DC Characters? I don't even LIKE the turtles.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i love bein a turtle

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/961238980082716672

dear god they look so loving cool. loving love the cartoon throwback with Raph's "cool but crude" pizza splat.

drat, that's solid fan service!

The only thing better than all of these nods to the Saturday morning cartoon show and the old Konami arcade beat 'em up is the complete and utter lack of references to the modern Michael Bay films. Boon and Co. done good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ecavalli posted:

drat, that's solid fan service!

The only thing better than all of these nods to the Saturday morning cartoon show and the old Konami arcade beat 'em up is the complete and utter lack of references to the modern Michael Bay films. Boon and Co. done good.

idk how they hosed up how the movie turtles look. they came so close with Raphael's face but the other 3 have weird lips and noses and poo poo.

Injustice 2 is straight up classic poo poo and I love it, only thing better would be for some nods to the "canon" color variants i.e. light green Raph, brown tortoise Don.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Helion posted:

For the record, there are three Batman/TMNT comic crossovers and they're rad as hell. Two are about comic Batman meeting the current comic TMNT and one is Batman: The Animated Series crossing over with the Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon.

Also, the best deep cut piece of fanservice would be if Donatello's intro against Darkseid had him go, "You're one of Kirby's scribbles, aren't you?"

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I love how they look and animate. Raph's mouth animation and delivery was just phenomenal. "For PAIN"

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

For the record, there are three Batman/TMNT comic crossovers and they're rad as hell. Two are about comic Batman meeting the current comic TMNT and one is Batman: The Animated Series crossing over with the Nickelodeon TMNT cartoon.

Also, the best deep cut piece of fanservice would be if Donatello's intro against Darkseid had him go, "You're one of Kirby's scribbles, aren't you?"

Maybe I'll check em out. My only turtle knowledge is from the original comics from back in the day.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gavok posted:

holy gently caress that would be a DEEP cut. "Where's your magic rock now?"

Renoistic posted:

I love how they look and animate. Raph's mouth animation and delivery was just phenomenal. "For PAIN"

going from the terribad faces and beachball tits in the previous generation to MKX to this game has been a hell of a ride for NRS. When you add in all the streams and patchnote updates they give out to fans, they really fought their way back to relevance starting with MK9 and now being a mainstay at EVO is well-earned. Say what you want about the dial-a-combo system and rigid fight structure but a lot of effort was put into making this game possibly their grandest creation to date.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

PIZZA CANCELLING

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

words fail me

this is the greatest thing NRS has ever done

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I can't watch (at work), are they individual characters?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

fadam posted:

I can't watch (at work), are they individual characters?

Yes and no. They're selected via their unique gear piece (of which you get one of each at the start, so no having to grind for Best Turtle(tm)) and 80% of their moves are the same and they share the same slot/level, but they all have unique moves, combos, and there are both generic and individual gear moves.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Technowolf posted:

Yes and no. They're selected via their unique gear piece (of which you get one of each at the start, so no having to grind for Best Turtle(tm)) and 80% of their moves are the same and they share the same slot/level, but they all have unique moves, combos, and there are both generic and individual gear moves.

Isn't that going to be a pain in the rear end for tournaments?

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

going from the terribad faces and beachball tits in the previous generation to MKX to this game has been a hell of a ride for NRS. When you add in all the streams and patchnote updates they give out to fans, they really fought their way back to relevance starting with MK9 and now being a mainstay at EVO is well-earned. Say what you want about the dial-a-combo system and rigid fight structure but a lot of effort was put into making this game possibly their grandest creation to date.

It also helps that Capcom repeatedly screwed the pooch with each successive fighter they've introduced since MK9. Netherrealm has come a long way, but don't discount just how massively Capcom dropped the ball, and how much better that makes the accomplishments of Netherrealm look by comparison.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
Found this for anyone who missed the stream (like me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVH2YbLbf-I

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

fadam posted:

Isn't that going to be a pain in the rear end for tournaments?

in tourney mode there's a specific UI that will let you pick whatever turtle you want at the beginning.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

polish sausage posted:

in tourney mode there's a specific UI that will let you pick whatever turtle you want at the beginning.

drat, NRS is good.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

fadam posted:

drat, NRS is good.

That UI also allows you to select premium skins in tourney mode.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

polish sausage posted:

Please tell the they're adding this for Robin's staff moveset too

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They motion captured the pizza. THEY MOTION CAPTURED. THE PIZZA. I love NRS.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ecavalli posted:

It also helps that Capcom repeatedly screwed the pooch with each successive fighter they've introduced since MK9. Netherrealm has come a long way, but don't discount just how massively Capcom dropped the ball, and how much better that makes the accomplishments of Netherrealm look by comparison.

not to mention 2018 being a year DBfighterZ ate the MVC lunch, Soul Calibur returning to the stage, and SNK clawing their way back up. Capcom dropped the ball at perhaps the worst possible time, when the fighting game scene is at its zenith.

Liar Lyre posted:

They motion captured the pizza. THEY MOTION CAPTURED. THE PIZZA. I love NRS.

tmnt so good I forgive them for Raiden

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

https://twitter.com/MasterWuggles/status/961348441900240897

I love this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there a Bury My Shell at Wounded Knee reference

Scuba Trooper