Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welp, looks like Germans are going to have to import Gal Gun 2. Here's the announcement from the publisher.

Today we have received word that Gal*Gun 2 has been refused classification in Germany.

We’ll always try to get games through classification regardless of the possibility of it being denied, as we feel that everyone should have the right and the access to play the games they want to play. It is our opinion that disliking the content in a piece of entertainment or art, and voicing that dislike, is totally fine and even encouraged, but denying that work the right to exist in a market based on personal opinions and prejudices, is something we strongly disagree with.

Unfortunately our appeal against this decision has been unsuccessful. Given that Gal*Gun: Double Peace did receive classification in Germany, we’re doubly disappointed that we cannot bring the highly-anticipated title to our fans in Germany. However, we will have to accept and respect the decision of the USK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm the protagonist of Cabaret but those briefcases I shuttle back and forth to Germany I'm not allowed to look inside are full of copies of Gal Gun

Weedle
May 31, 2006

underage at the vape shop posted:

it would be perfect to watch poo poo on in bed so idk why they just wont do it! noones gunna think its not primarily for games or w/e nintendo is worried about. maybe its nintendo's no region thing and IP holders not wanting to comply with that? who knows

irlZaphod posted:

It's up to Netflix to make a Netflix app, not Nintendo. I don't think Nintendo are stopping them or anything, as mentioned there's a Hulu app in the US, plus some other streaming app in Japan.

I doubt the fact that it's region locked has anything to do with it either, since your Netflix (or whatever) account shows content for whatever region you're in. It's not an issue on phones/tablets/computers.

All that needs to happen is for Netflix to give a poo poo about doing it. One of the Hulu guys did an AMA on Reddit a little while ago and he said that Nintendo was very accommodating and helpful in getting Hulu running on the Switch. I can’t think of a reason why they wouldn’t treat Netflix the same way if Netflix wanted to actually do it.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

Welp, looks like Germans are going to have to import Gal Gun 2. Here's the announcement from the publisher.

Good thing for Germans they're totally not known for weird sex things.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The switch's performance of mario and zelda is way better than any other console. i hear splatoon is more stable as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Weedle posted:

All that needs to happen is for Netflix to give a poo poo about doing it. One of the Hulu guys did an AMA on Reddit a little while ago and he said that Nintendo was very accommodating and helpful in getting Hulu running on the Switch. I can’t think of a reason why they wouldn’t treat Netflix the same way if Netflix wanted to actually do it.

Isn't Hulu's tech guy the former head of the studio that made the Rogue Squadron games? It's possible he more easily hit his foot in the door from knowing people there already.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Didn't Netflix have an app on the Wii U on Day 1?

Boy did they sure get those decisions backwards.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Reality Loser posted:

The switch's performance of mario and zelda is way better than any other console. i hear splatoon is more stable as well.

With CEMU's development, Zelda actually runs better and at 4K on PC if you've got the monolithic system requirements needed to run it at those settings. :eng101:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

s.i.r.e. posted:

With CEMU's development, Zelda actually runs better and at 4K on PC if you've got the monolithic system requirements needed to run it at those settings. :eng101:

cemu/wii u version has the lower quality compressed ambient sounds and also doesn't run with the blessing of iwata's spirit which is the most important thing.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Isn't Hulu's tech guy the former head of the studio that made the Rogue Squadron games? It's possible he more easily hit his foot in the door from knowing people there already.

I don’t know anything for sure, of course, but it seems unlikely to me that which video streaming service makes it to Switch is determined by which company has a guy working there who also worked for a company that made games for Nintendo systems 15-20 years ago.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mahoning posted:

Didn't Netflix have an app on the Wii U on Day 1?

Boy did they sure get those decisions backwards.

The Wii u was just a beefier Wii with a big gamepad so it would make sense to come with all of the Wii's software.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Give me Rune Factory or give me death

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Reality Loser posted:

Yea I haven't been able to find a console that runs Mario Odyssey anywhere near as well as the Switch.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Reality Loser posted:

The Wii u was just a beefier Wii with a big gamepad so it would make sense to come with all of the Wii's software.

If the Wii was 2 Gamecube's glued together then what does that make the Wii U?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sock The Great posted:

If the Wii was 2 Gamecube's glued together then what does that make the Wii U?

A Wii tethered to a leapfrog tablet.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

littleorv posted:

Give me Rune Factory or give me death

All I want is anime Stardew. :hfive:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oooh poo poo Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming out on the switch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-coming-to-consoles.aspx

ffucucucuck i really want to import a save but also wanna play on the switch.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I can't imagine that Netflix and Amazon wouldn't make their way to the Switch. The last thing Netflix said was "We are exploring the possibility, but have nothing to share at this time." Nintendo gets an app for a service that most of Switch owners already subscribe to and Netflix gets their content on a large and still growing user base.

And "Nothing to share at this time" is PR speak for "We'll announce it when all parties are ready to announce it."

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Are there any good couch coop RPG/adventure games (like Diablo or something) for Switch? Looking around I'm mostly seeing party games.

I think Moon Hunters is on Switch, it's not really loot based like diablo though. Still a good light action rpg with some fun player choices similar to The Yawhg

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The Story of Seasons logo was on a screen at some Switch event so I am pretty excited to see if anything comes of that this year

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Vikar Jerome posted:

oooh poo poo Pillars of Eternity 2 is coming out on the switch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-coming-to-consoles.aspx

ffucucucuck i really want to import a save but also wanna play on the switch.

Christ, I never got more than a couple hours into the first one.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
B

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

saw Fire Emblem Warriors Special Edition was on sale

split screen co-op is ok or just unplayable cause of FPS?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I bought it for my brother and his kids, it's totally playable.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

UK goons, Tesco are currently selling Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1 download code) for £40. Or even cheaper if you have some clubcard points to spend.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mister Facetious posted:

I bought it for my brother and his kids, it's totally playable.

All I wanted to know thanks

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Frankston posted:

UK goons, Tesco are currently selling Bayonetta 2 (+ Bayonetta 1 download code) for £40. Or even cheaper if you have some clubcard points to spend.

Aaaaaaw heck yeah thanks for this link.

Are we of the opinion a pro controller is a necessity for a heavy action game? Should I order one in before Bayonetta?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not Operator posted:

Aaaaaaw heck yeah thanks for this link.

Are we of the opinion a pro controller is a necessity for a heavy action game? Should I order one in before Bayonetta?

I'm certain joycons will be fine, but absolutely order the Pro Controller.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I have no problem using joycons for the most hardcore action game on the switch, Binding of Isaac. I am able to not only shoot tears but also use special moves like shooting pee, lasers, bugs, lasers at poo, exploding poopie, butt monsters, goatses, abortions, summoning demons, eating poo, killing angels, shoplifting, coochie butt monsters,,,

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Framerate, draw distance, and enemy density all suffer splitscreen but it's still completely playable

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

Framerate, draw distance, and enemy density all suffer splitscreen but it's still completely playable

Pretty much the standard for all Musou games.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turpitude posted:

I have no problem using joycons for the most hardcore action game on the switch, Binding of Isaac. I am able to not only shoot tears but also use special moves like shooting pee, lasers, bugs, lasers at poo, exploding poopie, butt monsters, goatses, abortions, summoning demons, eating poo, killing angels, shoplifting, coochie butt monsters,,,

This is a joke post but I actually find it easier to play BoI with joycons, the shorter stick travel and smaller, closer buttons help control the Isaac and the tears better. I liked BotW better with the Joycons too, but that might just be because I played it for ~50 hours before I got the Pro controller.

I found the Pro controller better in Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2, but in the rest of the games I have the two are more or less equal.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've pretty well used the pro controller exclusively for everything except Snipperclips

I did get some joycon shells for multiplayer kart

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Split joycons is the ultimate control scheme because you can put your arms in any position relative to each other.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bongo Bill posted:

Split joycons is the ultimate control scheme because you can put your arms in any position relative to each other.

It's cool but generally I want them right where they go on the PRO for serious poo poo like playing A/S rank Splatoon.

Like, I'll start a smash Bros match all reclining and poo poo and then I'll lose my first stock and sit up right so I can complete properly.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
$46 for Fire Emblem Warriors, I got like 4 games on the Switch backlog as it is, should I get it??

edit: welp got an acceptable one for $36

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 8, 2018

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

E2M2 posted:

$46 for Fire Emblem Warriors, I got like 4 games on the Switch backlog as it is, should I get it??

For sure. I'd hold off on the dlc though.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Are there any good couch coop RPG/adventure games (like Diablo or something) for Switch? Looking around I'm mostly seeing party games.

Titan Quest is coming at some point this year, too. I realize that doesn't help you now but it's the closest diablo clone you'll find on switch.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bongo Bill posted:

super cozy mario kart gaming ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bongo Bill posted:

I wish I could get used to it but I just can’t. I always end up playing like poo poo that way.

• Locked thread