Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Klyith posted:

so the funny thing about OnTopReplica being banned, or any other tools that show just a part of the eve window:
you can accomplish the exact same thing by making a section of your not-eve window transparent. and that is 100% legal by the eula.

I fiddled around with a proof of concept for that, but didn't really have any interest to do anything more. it seemed like the #1 use of OTR was people watching netflix while ratting and making it work for the type of window that video players use was more complicated than my quick and dirty experiment.

People use "tools"? I just put EVE into a window, then drag it to the right until 80% of EVE is not viable (so that all I can see is the local chat). Have I been cheating?! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

https://github.com/Airblader/i3

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

what is this nerd poo poo

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what is this nerd poo poo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carth Dookie posted:

Those dudes killed a cheap hauler so the Sqwid dropped gilas on them and smacked them for 100x the value.

Lol our fleet was 2 scimitars, 1 shield bhaal, 1 Gila, and 1 Oracle

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Venom Snake posted:

Lol our fleet was 2 scimitars, 1 shield bhaal, 1 Gila, and 1 Oracle

Typical wormhole fleet, bringing >50% logi to a small gang brawl

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
So how did C02 die? And why the gently caress is Gigx banned?

Penguin Bacon
Apr 19, 2010

AutisticAwl posted:

https://kotaku.com/how-eve-players-pulled-off-the-biggest-betrayal-in-its-1806168400

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
I love the new Bloody Hands skins, wondering if CCP is trolling.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

No rag version :argh:

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

AutisticAwl posted:

TheJudge defected to goons, stole everything that wasn't red hot or nailed down and transferred ownership of their keepstar to the Imperium. GigX lost his poo poo and publicly made real-life threats against TheJudge and got banned.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Specifically threatening to cut off TheJudge's hands. Hence the remark about the bloody hands skin.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

What will TRI do since it lost it's Keepstar?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spam Musubi posted:

What will TRI do since it lost it's Keepstar?

Tri harder next time? :dadjoke:

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

iospace posted:

Tri harder next time? :dadjoke:

Wait, since capsuleer’s clothes aren’t stained, does that mean it’s a Tide ad? :newlol:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I already miss the previous thread title :-(

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

*sqwids

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

My high school nickname. Good times.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I may not be part of Rock Venture Corp anymore, but my want to just sit and chill sometimes is still alive and well.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

OnTopReplica will allow you to recreate and resize a window which will remain above any and all things you have open. I use it at work when I'm doing something incredibly dull and need to keep an eye on something while browsing the internet

Man, that would be so useful if our workplace wouldn't monitor out internet usage closely. Internet browsing at work is relegated to my phone

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

people getting mad over gigx ban is the best

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I ain’t mad. Read the story and actually seems legit. Best way to sabotage an alliance.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i also have enjoyed the echoing butt blast over this event

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Is solo PVP viable? Will I be able to take anyone out with T1 frigate and some T2 guns/drones? Using a Rifter atm.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Midig posted:

Is solo PVP viable? Will I be able to take anyone out with T1 frigate and some T2 guns/drones? Using a Rifter atm.

I always find the no-point destroyer the bets option for solo PvP. Cheap, DPS for days, and can somehow tank for a bit.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I guess a Thrasher is quite a minor jump. Trying to do the opposite of what I did last time I tried to get into Eve, which was trying to get into a Megathron as fast as possible and do Level 4 missions...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Midig posted:

Doable. You need to be patient and pick your targets, and accept that you'll lose more than you win, especially if the people you're fighting have friends. Friends are the biggest force multiplier.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Midig posted:

I guess a Thrasher is quite a minor jump. Trying to do the opposite of what I did last time I tried to get into Eve, which was trying to get into a Megathron as fast as possible and do Level 4 missions...

Take it slowly. It’s a day by day thing.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Midig posted:

This is like playing other video games and trying to enjoy their water levels.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

dialhforhero posted:

This is like playing other video games and trying to enjoy their water levels.

or moving a carrier with JDC 0

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lol is holesquad dead

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

lol is holesquad dead

Holesquad as it was known until about 2 or 3 weeks ago is dead. I believe those that left/got kicked formed Whole Squid or something like that

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It isnt freakin 2017 anymore

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Not with that attitude.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Carth Dookie posted:

Friends are the biggest force multiplier.

Eve in a nutshell.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

madjack posted:

or moving a carrier with JDC 0

You can't train carriers without JDC 5 I thought? Dread is the only cap that doesn't require it.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

lol is holesquad dead

yep. lots of people left between the drama and getting told to head back to Goku (a c5/c3 c4), where activity and engagement had loving plummeted before the winter deployment to the blops hole. illum officially killed it off a week or so ago, only reason the corp isn't closed yet is people being given a chance to evac their poo poo before dod sells off both wormholes.

at my last count there were like 10 dudes active in jabber and of those all except 2-3 (including dod) have moved out and found a new home.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

So BoG is going to get kicked from GoTG or is that BS?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

SugarAddict posted:

You can't train carriers without JDC 5 I thought? Dread is the only cap that doesn't require it.

Pretty sure you can without JDO, but you need JDO 1 to pilot a carrier. JDC 5 is the really long maximum jump range skill, not a basic req for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Midig posted:

In a game where a single frigate can take out a fleet of battleships due to the wonkiness of ship components, pilot skills and drugs, you should be able to solo a SuperCap with that rifter bruh

• Locked thread