Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I've heard Bold Forms before

Have they made any other things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

I feel like I've heard Bold Forms before

Have they made any other things?

They made a G1 Motormaster that was ALSO terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6DyrvcHkY8

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Boldform Gladius is a misbegotten wreck but JobbyTheHong is the TF Fandom equivalent of a GooberGator and it'd be just swell if we could ignore him.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DoctorWhat posted:

Boldform Gladius is a misbegotten wreck but JobbyTheHong is the TF Fandom equivalent of a GooberGator and it'd be just swell if we could ignore him.

Haha nah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, Jobby is funny once in a while.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

TF Fandom equivalent of a GooberGator

I have no idea what this could possibly mean. He harasses female fans in the name of ethics in toy collecting?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Finally found a Grimlock!
He’s.... pretty meh.

Volcanicus however is pretty rad though I think he must be a Catholic on account of how holey he is

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have never heard of this Jobby guy, but I'm interested in watching his videos now because DoctorWhat hates him and doesn't want anyone to watch his videos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have never heard of this Jobby guy, but I'm interested in watching his videos now because DoctorWhat hates him and doesn't want anyone to watch his videos.

DoctorWhat hates fun and big robots and probably freedom and America.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

I have no idea what this could possibly mean. He harasses female fans in the name of ethics in toy collecting?

He aggressively misgenders IDW Arcee so that's a mark against him.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

DoctorWhat posted:

Probably should've led in with that, since no one knows the guy and that's pretty annoying and lovely.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

See I was about to defend you regardless but yeah, man, instead of making a weird off note comment about some internet guy, please tell us why he's secretly an rear end in a top hat.

It's like some one linking an old JonTron video and some one else shows up and softly denounces him in very vague wording without saying something like "He's a racist sack of poo poo"

Because chances are random people on the internet finding their non awful stuff aren't going to know about the awful stuff. To them it's just going to be harmless and maybe actually amusing.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I watched it without sound. Got 20 seconds in before I was irritated with his schtick. Rewatched it with sound. gently caress no.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How do you misgender Arcee she is the most famous ladybot

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

In IDW she's trans.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

History Comes Inside! posted:

How do you misgender Arcee she is the most famous ladybot

In idw, Furman made her originally a normal transformer until a mad scientist messed with her robot dna. Essentially she's a transwoman, or at least a target for trans hate.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I never read that into her backstory, I always took it as Jhiaxus had dicked around with her magic robot DNA before she was "born".

Guess I should be paying more attention! Either way, weak hill to die on.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's been retconned since that Arcee was Galvatron's twin sibling who went to Jhiaxus to help her transition but then he hosed up and decided to hide his fuckup by locking Arcee up and torturing her for 4 million years.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I doubt the misgenderer cares about the details and is just signaling his viewpoint that transwomen are men and should not exist in comics.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What video did he do it in? He never reviewed Arcee I don't think

DoctorWhat posted:

It's been retconned since that Arcee was Galvatron's twin sibling who went to Jhiaxus to help her transition but then he hosed up and decided to hide his fuckup by locking Arcee up and torturing her for 4 million years.

Yowza.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's still better than what Furman originally wrote.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh snap did Arcee have any comment on how offended she is

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

SpazmasterX posted:

Are you unable to understand what the real problem is here or are you waiting for someone to explain this so you can call them "mad".

E: Here, I'll lay on the landmine. The idea that Transwomen are Men and don't deserve the basic respect of their pronoun is to put it mildly, not many people's politics here. If someone can't keep their politics out of their toy reviews, it's doubtful they have opposite politics in real life, and why should people who have different politics watch those reviews.

That's putting it as mild as possible. Do you have a problem with this idea at all.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 8, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SpazmasterX posted:

Way to be a lovely rear end in a top hat

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Two points: What Furman wrote is easily his low-point and a clear churning dumpsterfire that IDW took far too long to walk back. The idea of cutting established female characters out of your G1 relaunch is just so freaking weird.

But also Arcee's backstory is pretty cool and the idea of her being Galvatron's twin brother so long ago they barely remember is also cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was saying that I like the retcon?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I was agreeing but pointing out what you said is faint praise.

It would be like you saying "his spider-man is better than dan slott's"

Who I heard is finally off, did you throw a party?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Are you unable to understand what the real problem is here or are you waiting for someone to explain this so you can call them "mad".

Oh I understand the "problem", I just lack the capacity to care about the internet toy man's gender politics in the robot toy thread any more than I care about the plight of any person of any level of conceived privilege.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It is faint praise because the fix isn't all that much better.

I've been partying 24/7 since Slott's final issue was announced.

I need a smaller Prime head. I pulled the PotP Optimus head to see how it looked on Orion but Orion has a mushroom peg and PotP has a ball joint.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh I understand the "problem", I just lack the capacity to care about the internet toy man's gender politics in the robot toy thread any more than I care about the plight of any person of any level of conceived privilege.
Dig UP.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SpazmasterX posted:

:fuckoff:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

Dear BoldForms, stop making toys. You suck at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBVWxreTsg
It's a shame because I liked the look of this figure as an updated Megatron that would look good next to Generation Toy's IDW Prime (if they had bothered to paint it), and honestly I was still thinking I'd pick it up on clearance until halfway through this video when he showed that if you take off the partsforming silencer there's not even an attempt at a barrel there, just a weird peg. Mandatory partsforming of something that just sits off to the side in robot mode on an allegedly masterpiece-class figure is the final nail in the coffin that already had a lot of nails in it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

See I was about to defend you regardless but yeah, man, instead of making a weird off note comment about some internet guy, please tell us why he's secretly an rear end in a top hat.

It's like some one linking an old JonTron video and some one else shows up and softly denounces him in very vague wording without saying something like "He's a racist sack of poo poo"

Because chances are random people on the internet finding their non awful stuff aren't going to know about the awful stuff. To them it's just going to be harmless and maybe actually amusing.

That will never stop being disappointing to me, Jontron was hilarious

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Well you have to draw the line somewhere...

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Well... I mean... Jontron was funny, but he was always really dumb. Like he made Egoraptor look smart in comparison. And Arin Hanson is about as sharp as a dull spoon.

Rhyno posted:

hey check this out, this is what he wrote before that, interested in seeing how the thread feels about this lol

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Prime%27s_Rib!

quote:

On July 15, 1995, in an attempt to forge better relationships with the humans on Earth, Optimus Prime unveils a new 'female' Autobot called Arcee to counter claims of sexism from human feminists. Much to Prime's bemusement, Arcee doesn’t prove popular with the feminists who complain that she looks weak and shouldn't be pink.

Jazz and Hot Rod are unable to understand what all the fuss is about as the only thing that they can see that separates Arcee from other Autobot warriors is a variation in the upper chassis design.

As Optimus Prime attempts to calm the feminists, the Decepticon Headmasters Fangry, Squeezeplay and Horri-Bull, led by Shockwave, launch a surprise attack. Prime orders Arcee to stay back while he handles the Decepticons, much to Arcee's disgust.

Optimus Prime is soon overpowered and Arcee is forced to go to his rescue, managing to drive off the Decepticons. During the confusion, she and Hot Rod collide and end up in a heap on the floor, leading Hot Rod to declare that he's all for female Transformers, much to the feminists' displeasure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

hey check this out, this is what he wrote before that, interested in seeing how the thread feels about this lol

I can't deal with that right now.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Like some predatory bird, I swoop down into the thread with the vile intent to sow chaos. The future holds only conflict and mayhem! It never ends! REAP THE WHIRLWIND!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Prepare for emergency separation!

That's too dangerous...!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, just when you think this fandom is toxic enough right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well... I mean... Jontron was funny, but he was always really dumb. Like he made Egoraptor look smart in comparison. And Arin Hanson is about as sharp as a dull spoon.

It's always been kind of dumb, but at least it was something the story could move on from and you could just sort of ignore it, another dumb thing in the comic where Optimus Prime killed himself over a video game.