Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
On my run today I found the largest hidden Mickey in the world. This is about 7 miles west of MK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Can’t be that hidden if Google knows about it:

(But seriously, cool find.)

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Apparently mobile ordering is now allowing DDP use at about 4-7 locations per park, plus D-Luxe as of now. No AP/DVC/TW discounts available via mobile ordering yet.
Anyone used it yet for general ordering use, is it faster or wait times about the same?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I haven't used it myself but one of my buddies did it (without the dining plan) and loved it. They would place their mobile order while they were walking to the restaurant, walked right up to the counter and their order was ready.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Nice. I've seen a couple youtube videos of people doing it while on the other side of a park and it looked like a great idea, especially for grabbing your seat first then sending one person to pick up food and drink.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Anya posted:

Apparently mobile ordering is now allowing DDP use at about 4-7 locations per park, plus D-Luxe as of now. No AP/DVC/TW discounts available via mobile ordering yet.
Anyone used it yet for general ordering use, is it faster or wait times about the same?

It's great. Grab a table and wait for the app to say the food is ready for pick up instead of waiting in a giant line. Something will have to give with it if people start using it b/c I have to imagine it increases the amount of time that people are taking up tables.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I've done it at Satuli Canteen without the dining plan and it was amazingly fast. Like, ordered outside, walked that long interior and by the time I hit the counter it was there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My father is a Florida resident. Can he buy my tickets at the Florida resident discount, and then give them to me? I assume Disney makes you show your ID when you enter the park, or something similar to avoid people doing this, but maybe not?

Edit: I'm a dummy and it says right on the website that adults need to show proof of residence when entering the park.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 3, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah no way to do it. You can get by it but opening a Capital One 360 Bank Account to his address in Florida with your name, ask them to email you a estatement and you can get the discount.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah no way to do it. You can get by it but opening a Capital One 360 Bank Account to his address in Florida with your name, ask them to email you a estatement and you can get the discount.

You don't say? Would I be able to open an account without being there in person? I've booked my trip for Mid-April, but haven't bought my Disney tickets yet.

Would my girlfriend have to also to do the same, or is just one of us having it good enough?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

RCarr posted:

You don't say? Would I be able to open an account without being there in person? I've booked my trip for Mid-April, but haven't bought my Disney tickets yet.

Would my girlfriend have to also to do the same, or is just one of us having it good enough?

Each person 16 and over has to show valid fl id, I believe.

Edit: proof of valid fl residence, I should say.

Cais fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 3, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She would have to do the same and no you can open it online. All you need is one proof of Florida address from their qualifying list and then like your out of state Listen es. I use my capital one 360 bank account statement and my NH liscence.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

She would have to do the same and no you can open it online. All you need is one proof of Florida address from their qualifying list and then like your out of state Listen es. I use my capital one 360 bank account statement and my NH liscence.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. If that's the case I will save a ton of money.

You've never had any trouble doing this? I'm just worried about doing all this, buying the Florida resident ticket, and then having them refuse me entry due to my only proof of residency being a 2 month old checking account.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 3, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IVE never had trouble and part of my job was telling people what they needed to get the discount and this sort of thing was fine. If they complain, escalate. It’s proof of Florida residency.

—————

You’ll need to provide proof of a Florida residential address in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass. For each ticket or pass purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

Valid Florida driver’s license (must have a Florida address)
Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
Valid Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration

Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail

Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.

——————-

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if you’re afraid just call Disney, ask for “Ticket Services” and then ask them straight up. They’ll either say yes or no.

If they say yes, WRITE DOWN THEIR NAME, then if you go to the parks and they say no, you say “well —— in TICKET SERVICES said it was okay”.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tonight’s gonna be a good night.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

S’mores Tart and 10-year port

Deconstructed BLT and Deconstructed Breakfast cocktail

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Nice! Where are you eating?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Anya posted:

Nice! Where are you eating?

Epcot Festival of the Arts!

Mushroom risotto and a Sidecar with a chocolate twist

Saumon en crôute and sparkling Chardonnay

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We’re going next week for a valentines date with some friends, can’t wait.

Also, guess who got a camera stabilizer (for work) that I’ll get to use for some fun Disney videos (for fun) :woop:

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 4, 2018

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
Flying out in 10 hours and I'm a tad ashamed to say right now I'm most excited about getting that little booklet for Festival of the Arts? (I like to collect descriptive menus.)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Does "purple sweet potato" mean taro/ube? Because if so, that dessert with it sounds baller.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Speaking of Disney food, I tried cooking some myself.

I love the pork loin with BBQ sauce they do at Sunshine Seasons, so I figured I've have a go at making some. I couldn't find the BBQ sauce recipe they use at Epcot online anywhere, so I used this one and it turned out pretty close:

Left photo's the real deal taken back in May, right is my attempt taken about an hour ago.

I probably should have posted this somewhere in GWS instead, but I'm super proud of how close I got it, especially as my cooking ability so far has been all either pre-made sauces on pasta or throwing frozen stuff in the oven. Also really glad I wont have to fly all the way across the Atlantic to enjoy Disney food now :v:

Also, anyone have any advice about visiting Disneyland Tokyo? There's a possibility I might be going sometime later this year :aaa:

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
There's more winter weather advisory warnings on my tv. Thursday's flight needs to get here faster.

I'm excited for: Pandora, Stormalong Bay, first character meals/shows. And trying to take it slow for once, instead of doing 10-12 mile days.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Icedude posted:

Also, anyone have any advice about visiting Disneyland Tokyo? There's a possibility I might be going sometime later this year :aaa:

It's hot as gently caress in the summer and try not to go then. It's always going to be a bit crowded. I recommend staying in Chiba somewhere. What else ya wanna know?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Apparently there will be a parade in magic kingdom today at 2:40PM featuring the Eagles quarterback, Foles.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

santanotreal posted:

Apparently there will be a parade in magic kingdom today at 2:40PM featuring the Eagles quarterback, Foles.

I hoped they greased the light poles on main street

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.
I just got on Spaceship: Earth as a last-minute decision.

I am in awe of and love Extra Magic Hours.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Got here early afternoon Monday. MK was packed with insufferable Eagles fans here to watch the parade, making GBS threads up our wait times. Tuesday was supposed to be a 3/10 crowd, but still had long lines at Epcot all day. Met a nice couple from New York & hung out with them for a couple of hours at Cava Del Tequila. Frozen ride sucks. Today it’s HS, followed by we’ll see. Hope to post pics soon. loving Eagles fans.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I would take eagles fans over tour groups or cheerleader competitions.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
If Im going to do a day in June that is just for hanging around the hotel, going to DS, etc.... should I stay at the Contemp or Wilderness Lodge?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
I vote Wilderness Lodge just so you can park your caboose in the lobby and take in the smell for hours on end

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
So Disney experts: I'm sort of looking at mid/late September for my trip if things go well, since I'd love to get to see the Halloween stuff. But I'm also noting Toy Story Land is supposed to be opening in the summer too... Am I gonna be looking at crazy, crazy crowds then because of that? I mean, a land opening almost certainly means increased crowds, but if it's gonna be short of psychotic, this still looks like a really solid time to visit. Or is my thinking completely off?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Sporkie posted:

So Disney experts: I'm sort of looking at mid/late September for my trip if things go well, since I'd love to get to see the Halloween stuff. But I'm also noting Toy Story Land is supposed to be opening in the summer too... Am I gonna be looking at crazy, crazy crowds then because of that? I mean, a land opening almost certainly means increased crowds, but if it's gonna be short of psychotic, this still looks like a really solid time to visit. Or is my thinking completely off?

It's not going to be black friday youtube videos.

It WILL be 3+ hour waits for Slinky Dog Dash without a fastpass unless the ride blows as hard as the Barnstormer does.

I like September a lot. The heat can be rough if it's a hot year, but it's not always so bad. I love Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to a point where I'm eyeballing my later in the year trip already for it, too. All in all, September's pretty great. You do end up with the occasional hurricane, though. But Disney is pretty rockin awesome in a hurricane anyway.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Anytime that's not during a regular vacation or holiday period tends to be your best bet. There's no such thing as slow time in Disney anymore, just less bad time.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

If New Fantasyland, Pandora and both Harry Potter areas are anything to go by, all traffic in the park will be centered around the new land.

Sporkie
Jun 1, 2009
Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking/hoping. Heck, if my trip ends up around that time maybe it'll actually be slightly easier at the other parks. Probably not, but I can dream, right?

In general thanks a bunch thread for the advice and input recently, much appreciated!

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
We're thinking about September for our next Disneyland trip, too. Not counting our honeymoon, which was still filled with family obligations, the last time we had an overnight trip of any kind for just the two of us was December of 2016.

Of course, if things go as we hope, it might be a trip for 2.5 of us.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

RabbitMage posted:

Not counting our honeymoon, which was still filled with family obligations

That may be the first time I have ever heard anyone refer to sex as “family obligations”. Your parents/in-laws demanding grandkids soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

...unless the ride blows as hard as the Barnstormer does.

I will say that when I last rode it, it was during Magic Hours. In front of us was a a really little kid, definitely in the target demographic. He just had the time of his life, and considering the lack of crowds so late the guys running it let him ride it over and over without getting off.

Considering that, I'll always have pretty good memories of it. Probably wouldn't ride it again, especially with any sort of line.