Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheManFromFOXHOUND
Nov 5, 2011

:yossame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
i'm sort of dating someone who's a near exact clone of myself and watching me both wildly sabotage my connection another human being and also instinctively recoil at something uncomfortable familiar (look at him, he's got anxiety! gently caress is this what its like with me??) is quite the trip. he's remarked i'm halfway between him and his brother (who's also gay).

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

i'm sort of dating someone who's a near exact clone of myself and watching me both wildly sabotage my connection another human being and also instinctively recoil at something uncomfortable familiar (look at him, he's got anxiety! gently caress is this what its like with me??) is quite the trip. he's remarked i'm halfway between him and his brother (who's also gay).

a year or so after I dropped out of college my old friends told me there was someone else hanging out with them who was into the exact same things as me, had the same sexuality, and had my first name. they sent me a pic and he was a fuckin hot twink with a much better sense of style too.

that was a fun existential mental breakdown to have

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I had to ask my parents if I had a twin because one day I was heading to work, and this lady sat down next to me, grabbed the book I was reading and asked "What are you reading now?" and then proceeded to act like she knew me and worked with me, to the point (I was way too flabbergasted to protest) I had to follow her off the bus and almost to her job's breakroom before I stuttered out that I wasn't working yet and could I get my book back. Then I went to a Boston Pizza down the block and the server asked me if I wanted my regular.

I'd never been there before.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

i'm not sure, but in the last couple years she's fallen hard because one patient had their whole labia die, and she hosed up anesthesia with a couple others so people are finally waking to the fact that she's a gynecologist and not a board certified plastic surgeon. satterwhite says he's taken some of her ideas that had merit (and he's apparently friends with her), but i suspect you're going to see her patient list dwindle and her demand as an expert dry up.

smoka: are you transitioning? i'm having trouble telling if you're trolling itt or not given your usual posting style and propensity for calling things gay when you don't like them.

smoka never lies

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

cis autodrag posted:

i'm not sure, but in the last couple years she's fallen hard because one patient had their whole labia die, and she hosed up anesthesia with a couple others
Well, if I wasn't generally terrified of surgery before...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this may be a crass question, but i don't mean it crudely: when a transwoman gets bottom surgery, how much input do you get into the look of your new parts? is it like a nose job and there's a book with pictures and you go "give me that one," or do different doctors have different personal styles, or is the appearance mostly dictated by your own geometry and what the doctor can do with it, or what?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah my wife would really like to, y'know, have a vagina so she doesn't hate her body, but man the technology just isn't there yet to do it in a way that she's okay with. though now that we're literally growing vaginas in labs i think in 10-20 years it might be :sigh:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

this may be a crass question, but i don't mean it crudely: when a transwoman gets bottom surgery, how much input do you get into the look of your new parts? is it like a nose job and there's a book with pictures and you go "give me that one," or do different doctors have different personal styles, or is the appearance mostly dictated by your own geometry and what the doctor can do with it, or what?

roughly speaking

no, when you are first getting it done there isn't much room for saying "I want it to look just like this". you can get cosmetic/functional changes like labiaplasty later once things are more healed tho

there are different techniques that different surgeons will be doing so the average result will look different

what's already there does affect what can be done initially, but again you end up being able to change things more directly if you have the money later

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fishmech posted:

roughly speaking

no, when you are first getting it done there isn't much room for saying "I want it to look just like this". you can get cosmetic/functional changes like labiaplasty later once things are more healed tho

there are different techniques that different surgeons will be doing so the average result will look different

what's already there does affect what can be done initially, but again you end up being able to change things more directly if you have the money later

This isn't so true anymore. Satterwhite definitely sculpts to the patients preference as much as he can and that's part of why he's so popular now, but there's obviously still some limits just based on available tissue and the patients skin.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ate all the Oreos posted:

yeah my wife would really like to, y'know, have a vagina so she doesn't hate her body, but man the technology just isn't there yet to do it in a way that she's okay with. though now that we're literally growing vaginas in labs i think in 10-20 years it might be :sigh:

What gives her this idea? The modern srs technique is pretty drat good only things it can't do are give you a uterus. Doctors are starting to use the mucosa from inside the glans to create a vaginal mucosa even. The idea that a surgically created vagina isn't real and doesn't work right is pretty much anti trans propaganda. Yeah it's not literally a cis vagina, but you'll literally never have cis female DNA either.

Obviously it's your wife's choice but given youre in Florida it makes me wonder what she's heard and from who. You would think that if they starred doing lab grown vaginas for trans women they're gonna figure out a way to "upgrade" people who've already done the surgery, so to my mind if you have genital dysphoria and you can afford the surgery now why make yourself suffer waiting for a tech that may or may not happen and will only be a marginal improvement over the previous version?

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

What gives her this idea? The modern srs technique is pretty drat good only things it can't do are give you a uterus. Doctors are starting to use the mucosa from inside the glans to create a vaginal mucosa even. The idea that a surgically created vagina isn't real and doesn't work right is pretty much anti trans propaganda. Yeah it's not literally a cis vagina, but you'll literally never have cis female DNA either.

Obviously it's your wife's choice but given youre in Florida it makes me wonder what she's heard and from who. You would think that if they starred doing lab grown vaginas for trans women they're gonna figure out a way to "upgrade" people who've already done the surgery, so to my mind if you have genital dysphoria and you can afford the surgery now why make yourself suffer waiting for a tech that may or may not happen and will only be a marginal improvement over the previous version?

what she's "heard" is years of looking into it, researching doctors, talking to friends who did it (mostly non-florida friends, she's not actually from here) and watching video of the actual procedure being done. she doesn't consider it "invalid" or anything and has mad respect for people who can actually take the plunge, she just thinks it's, well, the term she used to describe it when telling me why she doesn't want to do it was "meat origami."

e: a bunch of this impression i think came from when the friend i mentioned earlier, who got out of surgery yesterday, was first planning it. she actually came to the same conclusion about the whole thing, she just also thought her own hatred of her genitals outweighed everything else. with my wife, she's much more dysphoric about her face and stuff like that and has said she can generally deal with having a penis if she can fix the rest :shrug:

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 8, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i know it's crass but this is the first time i've genuinely laughed at the ol' expanding brain thing

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

what she's "heard" is years of looking into it, researching doctors, talking to friends who did it (mostly non-florida friends, she's not actually from here) and watching video of the actual procedure being done. she doesn't consider it "invalid" or anything and has mad respect for people who can actually take the plunge, she just thinks it's, well, the term she used to describe it when telling me why she doesn't want to do it was "meat origami."

e: a bunch of this impression i think came from when the friend i mentioned earlier, who got out of surgery yesterday, was first planning it. she actually came to the same conclusion about the whole thing, she just also thought her own hatred of her genitals outweighed everything else. with my wife, she's much more dysphoric about her face and stuff like that and has said she can generally deal with having a penis if she can fix the rest :shrug:

Yeah, her feelings are totally valid, don't get me wrong. I've just encountered a lot of people who had bought the propaganda so I just wanted to throw that out there. Sorry if it came off weird

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dilation is butts tho.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah, her feelings are totally valid, don't get me wrong. I've just encountered a lot of people who had bought the propaganda so I just wanted to throw that out there. Sorry if it came off weird

s'all good, i realize there's a lot of lovely scaremongering out there so i totally get your response :shobon:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
my partner had a dream last night just before waking up where I apparently appeared with even longer hair and a more feminine appearance and I asked her (in the dream) if I should just go out to the living room and tell everyone I'm a girl

i know it's just some silly dream, but it felt... good? to hear.

some day. :unsmith:

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

finally got a trip report on this
pros: chest looks a lot better, forces me to sit up straight
cons: i'm pretty sure it has fused with my skin
meh: probably should have gone with the crop top, i'm 6' and this has a bit awkward length

no fit pics since i can't get a good angle

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
just saw HRT pills referred to as "methamfeminine"

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Went and got my ears pierced

I feel cute

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
piercings are good

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
please remember to follow the instructions to keep ur piercings clean!!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I wanna get my nose pierced but I'm scared.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Improbable Lobster posted:

piercings are good

more of a tattoo fan myself

i want to get a tattoo of a plaintext md5 hashquine should one ever be discovered, mostly b/c i am the kind of person who shitposts in yospos threads

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i have no tats because i have no money

when i do have money i never remember that i want a tattoo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got piercings a year+ ago and they're neat once they settle down but jeez this one ear is the hulk swelling up when it gets angry

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

y'all go to a proper piercing place right, the mall piercing pagoda places with the guns are unreliable at best and unsanitary at worst

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pikavangelist posted:

more of a tattoo fan myself

i like the idea of tattoos but like, i can't think of anything that would be timeless enough for me to want to have on my body forever, and they tend to get all gross lookin' as you get old. with piercings if you don't want em' any more you just take em' out and they're gone (unless you go full crazy body modder with the massive gauges)

ask me about how i learned this thanks to the time i thought it was a good idea to get my dick pierced

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

y'all go to a proper piercing place right, the mall piercing pagoda places with the guns are unreliable at best and unsanitary at worst

Of course. My only piercings are my ears and I had them done at a tattoo and piercing shop. I've heard cartilage hurts way more though so I'm waffling on the nose.

Definitely getting my belly button done after my butt augmentation and tummy electrolysis is done though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i want a big ol' octopus tat

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

i want a big ol' octopus tat

Thatd be dope, especially in like an American traditional or Japanese traditional style.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I got pierced with a 0g needle

imagine a bic pen getting shoved through your lobes, it owned

THE PLATFORM MASTER
Jun 3, 2008

what's the thread opinion on meltzer? will be seeing him soon for a lady parts consultation

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

THE PLATFORM MASTER posted:

what's the thread opinion on meltzer? will be seeing him soon for a lady parts consultation

He's well known and as far as I know folks are happy with his results, but from what I know he is a little old school and does it in two surgeries (hole then outside) which isn't as common anymore though I am not a surgeon and couldn't tell you why. I think a couple goons from other subforums have seen him and been happy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I got pierced with a 0g needle

imagine a bic pen getting shoved through your lobes, it owned

gently caress, they could have just used a hole punch

stramit
Dec 9, 2004
Ask me about making games instead of gains.

cis autodrag posted:

I've heard cartilage hurts way more though so I'm waffling on the nose.
Septum piercings are normally done through the flesh in front of the cartilage so the pain is similar to having your ear pierced. Recovery is not as nice though, but it looks super cool when it's done :)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Strumpy posted:

Septum piercings are normally done through the flesh in front of the cartilage so the pain is similar to having your ear pierced. Recovery is not as nice though, but it looks super cool when it's done :)

No not septum, on the side. Septum piercings are way too trendy and I live a life of uncompromising devotion to hating popular things.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

One of my students clearly used to have gauged ears but doesn't anymore so her earlobes are floppy and weird looking

Don't gauge your ears imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I got mine done at a proper piercing place with a needle. My left ear got infected once but has been well behaved since. My right ear flares up from time to time. blech.